Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
werestandingup_weresittingdown

1st post and general view on LCFC situation

Hi all, new to the forum. been reading posts for a few months now, pretty much every day so i thought its about time i put my views into the hat!!!

1st of all, wondered whether anyone from here was travelling to germany next summer????? i along with my scouse mate have already booked our flights and have entered the lottery that is the england ticket allocation!!!!

just thought id also start by setting out my general opinion on present day city!!! :

Levein - gradually losing patience but overall think he is taking us in the right direction. Will only judge properly at the end of the season.

Tiatto,Douglas,Dublin,Sylla,Kisborno - All of these need to go asap if we are to go forward. Every single one is either past it or not good enough to start with.

Smith- Great news on loan. True star quality.

Sheehan - must be given an extended run in squad. Our season in terms of possible promotion is all but over, he needs to be given experience in order for him to be fully ready for the push upwards next season.

In general - levein

Im sure some of you will agree with most of this- i hope!!! to me they all seem glaringly obvious and I dont quite see how levein doesnt act on it.

- he must stop messing around with our LB and RB positions. CL needs to decide who he wants to play at RB either Maybury or Stearman. Playing one of them at LB doesnt work. Pick one and play sheehan at LB.

- Centre back. Dublin should not even be played as back up. He is a liability. Keep him on maybe for coaching but nothing else please. he is slow and way past it.

-cannot play sylla. end of. unless he completely turns his form around, which i doubt. we need someone with a bit more grit and fight on our right side. With smith not being great defence wise either and sylla as a virtual passenger, we are left with only two in midfield and are not dominating games as we should in this area.

-Must perservere with hammond and hume. I dont rate hammond at all but he is the lesser of two evils almost. at least he has pace. de vries is a carthorse and will never be good enough.

Anyway, sorry about the long first post, i just had to get all that off my chest!!!

I think we will be lucky to get mid table as we seem COMPLETELY incapable of putting any kind of run together. Levein in my opinion has until the end of season to show some improvement. It is now HIS side. He cannot blame inherited squad etc.

Lets just hope we beat crewe......................

UP THE CITY

lol lol

Well he needs to go back somewhere

Maybe he should go back to training learning basic football skills

If he does anything rash like that, he certainly won't be welcome here any longer.

You do not assault your own team mates.

You do not let off fire extinguishers.

You do not let yourselves get in to a compromising position with cheap who res.

You do not possess even basic football skills.

These are the rules. Break 'em and you're out.

- Centre back. Dublin should not even be played as back up. He is a liability. Keep him on maybe for coaching but nothing else please. he is slow and way past it.

What are you drinking mate? Dublin had been immense everytime I've seen him. He's made 1 mistake from what I remember.

What are you drinking mate? Dublin had been immense everytime I've seen him. He's made 1 mistake from what I remember.

This is a wind up? Isn't it :ermm:

He is a sick joke and should be paid off now, end of.

One of the worst players to pull on a blue shirt in recent times and that takes some doing.

no no no!!! please you arent serious??? dublin has been a good servant since his arrival and i genuinely like the guy but no!! he is an absolute liability on the pitch now, FAR too old and slow.

no no no!!! please you arent serious??? dublin has been a good servant since his arrival and i genuinely like the guy but no!! he is an absolute liability on the pitch now, FAR too old and slow.

Firstly, Welcome!!!

I agree, he has been a good in a few games but he is too old, we need to look to the future and he is something of the past!!

Sylla has been excellent at times this season and some people are being unfair on him really. He's certainly not the weak link in our team and although he's lazy and inconsistent he's just like a typical winger. Gillespie was vastly inconsistent for us and he's been replaced by Sylla for no extra cost and I imagine Sylla's on less wages.

Wingers are reknowned for not playing at the same level all of thw while and Sylla's no different. You find me a winger who's better than Sylla for the majority of time on a free transfer and i'll accept that Sylla needs booting out. But I doubt you can.

Sylla flatters to deceive in my opinion. His all round effort and performance in my opinion is very poor. If you look over the season so far, what exactly has he contributed and brought to the side???

He passing/crossing is poor and the amount of times he gives the ball away and loses possession is absolutely criminal.

Personally I reckon that he thinks he is too good for this level and he tries to coast through games. We cant afford to have players like this, not in our precarious position. His antics at stoke typified the guy- Half-hearted.

I as a leicester fan want to see players giving 110% and we have a tradition of having a side with a great workrate. Sylla either cant do this or more likely doesnt want to.

Give me Impey any day!!! ;)

Sylla flatters to deceive in my opinion. His all round effort and performance in my opinion is very poor. If you look over the season so far, what exactly has he contributed and brought to the side???

He passing/crossing is poor and the amount of times he gives the ball away and loses possession is absolutely criminal.

Personally I reckon that he thinks he is too good for this level and he tries to coast through games. We cant afford to have players like this, not in our precarious position. His antics at stoke typified the guy- Half-hearted.

I as a leicester fan want to see players giving 110% and we have a tradition of having a side with a great workrate. Sylla either cant do this or more likely doesnt want to.

Impey :D thats funny

Sorry but you've lost all credibility with that comment. Andy Impey is one of the worst players that has ever graced the turf of Filbert Street and was definately the weak link in our team under O'Neill. He was a shocking player and one of only a few poor signings made by O'Neill.

I know what your saying about Sylla and in a team like ours we can't afford to have luxury players who go missing but for the money we paid for him (nothing) he's not as bad as what people make out.

He was excellent against Sheff Wed, Coventry and Sheffield United and has also set up 5 or 6 goals. I know that's nothing special but to give him credit he has shown in some games how talented he is and it's down to Levein to command that from him all of the time. The same with Williams aswell, it's the managers job to motivate them.

Good points all....but I can't help but comment that you all start by understanding that Craig Levein has defeciencies........only to end up criticising the players instead. I reckon the players don't know what the hell they are supposed to be doing or are too frightened to even breath on the pitch. One cock up and....you're dropped mate!!!! Martin O'Neill should have taught us all that ANY PLAYER can do a job for us if motivated properly and pointed in the right direction. All this is sadly missing from the present management.

Sorry but you've lost all credibility with that comment. Andy Impey is one of the worst players that has ever graced the turf of Filbert Street and was definately the weak link in our team under O'Neill. He was a shocking player and one of only a few poor signings made by O'Neill.

sorry mate dont agree there. Impey wasn't great in the beginning but in my opinion did a very good job for us. id easily take impey as he was a few years back instead of sylla now. NO CONTEST. He always put in maximum effort, put his foot in, and was pretty mobile up and down the right side

RIC FLAIR- also, impey was certainly nowhere NEAR the worst player to grace the turf at Filbert ST. I think you may have lost some credibility yourself there with that comment!!!! ;)

akinbiyi, benjamin, wise, fenton, curtis in recent years to name but a few - ALL far worse than impey

Curtis didn't play at Filbo but he was up there with Impey I agree.

I agree that the other 4 were very poor for us and thankfully neither of them played more than 50 odd games for us! Impey played well over 100 - 150 games for us and consistently played atrociously, that's the most alarming thing! I've never known a player so badly for so long and still command a first team place in a successful premeirship team!

Archived