Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Why do people feel sorry for Levein?

Why do people keep sticking up for Levein? Is he playing a Jedi mind trick on some of you with his delusional lies or is it something else. He's achieved sod all with this club other than slash the wage and age bill, something that a flipping accountant could have done. Wake up and smell it people or does the prospect of Div 1(3) football next year appeal? If he was an arrogant so and so then I doubt people would be so positive in their words. I saw him at a Foxes reserve match earlier in the season and I've never seen a more timid human being. God knows what that Hearts player must have said to him to make Craig snap and break his jaw, must have been rude! LEAVE NOW PLEASE MR LEVEIN, U BEST BE LEAVIN :mad:

Why do people keep sticking up for Levein? Is he playing a Jedi mind trick on some of you with his delusional lies or is it something else. He's achieved sod all with this club other than slash the wage and age bill, something that a flipping accountant could have done. Wake up and smell it people or does the prospect of Div 1(3) football next year appeal? If he was an arrogant so and so then I doubt people would be so positive in their words. I saw him at a Foxes reserve match earlier in the season and I've never seen a more timid human being. God knows what that Hearts player must have said to him to make Craig snap and break his jaw, must have been rude! LEAVE NOW PLEASE MR LEVEIN, U BEST BE LEAVIN :mad:

yawn...

Try reading one of the dozens of other threads on exactly this topic instead of starting yet another pointless thread. Both sides of this argument have had their say several times over, we can look at it agin at the end of the season.

Try reading one of the dozens of other threads on exactly this topic instead of starting yet another pointless thread. Both sides of this argument have had their say several times over, we can look at it agin at the end of the season.

He won't be here at the end of the season. FACT.

Yeah.. I've heard Man Utd are lining him up as a replacement for Ferguson.

Man Utd bigwigs - if you're reading... please please please don't take Levein, although he's everything you need and more, we couldn't bear to lose him.

Alright, 4 million compensation should do it.

:):) Good stuff. Made me smile. Some posters seem to be a bit touchy about putting down there beloved Megson wannabee.

:):) Good stuff. Made me smile. Some posters seem to be a bit touchy about putting down there beloved Megson wannabee.

funny becuase you seem to be coming across as the touchy one.

He won't be here at the end of the season. FACT.

Ummmmmm NOT FACT.

PS I don't feel sorry for anyone in professional football, they've all had an opportunity that never came my way.

I do understand where you are comin from. I had lost patience with him before the watford game ( after Bunley :mad: ) but the since playing elvis and hume upfront i am prepared to give him another 2 games before calling for his head AGAIN :unsure:

What a load of bollux, it would seem that you have no grasp of what is going on.

It's rather pathetic to have people willing the manager to fail.

Hearts fans warned all along Levein might take time to put a winning team together.

He has the additional snag in England that he cannot achieve that with his naturally defensive strategy and has taken time to turn his attention to his attacking needs.

I said from day one he was a novice in English football and, my life, he's made some questionable purchases .

But so have people like Sir Alex Ferguson.

Bottom line though is that Leicester are in a far sounder situation. I posted a question in the summer about how much our first squad was worth and the replies came back across the range of £2.5-£3.5 million.

It looks like we'll have netted £3m from Connolly and the figures being bandied about for January (optimistic though they are) suggest another two/three players might gross up to £3m, more if Gerrbrand goes if we're not promoted.

The value of our squad is a vital factor and Levein has just about maximised ours so far with his sales and offloads. It seems to be a strength of his.

We also have a far more attractive side now and a manager who seems broadly committed to that way of playing.

That we haven't had the results is partly due to confidence, partly concentration, and partly because we still have two or three obvious and particular weaknesses in the team which there is every sign the manager will be addressing shortly.

If I "feel sorry" for Levein or "sympathy" as I would rather put it, then it's because had we taken six more points we'd be comfortably placed to challenge for a topsix spot and those points could easily have been in the bag.

Levein does not seem to be the greatest tactician or motivator but he does appear willing to learn and because of that I have faith in the outcome eventually. I have far, far more faith in him than in the last manager mainly because of his commitment to youth.

This will pay dividends in time.

The table doesn't lie. It can't.

We're poor.

Admittedly, there have been glimpses of something good but we are running out of time and I seriously am not convinced that Levein can ever get us to being promotion contenders. We're horribly inconsistent and are still giving away stupid goals.

As has been said, we are below some fu cking awful teams. Why accept mediocrity. Most people assume that if you give things time, they get better... well get this, sometimes you give something time and it gets worse!

We all laugh at Micky Adams at Cov and yeah he is a cr ap manager. Their squad is garbage. But they are above us in the league.

It's time to be honest with ourselves and have a serious look at it. No one is getting any points here for blind loyalty to Levein when he has done fu ck all to justify it. It doesn't make you a better supporter.

We're poor.

Admittedly, there have been glimpses of something good but we are running out of time and I seriously am not convinced that Levein can ever get us to being promotion contenders. We're horribly inconsistent and are still giving away stupid goals.

As has been said, we are below some fu cking awful teams. Why accept mediocrity. Most people assume that if you give things time, they get better... well get this, sometimes you give something time and it gets worse!

We all laugh at Micky Adams at Cov and yeah he is a cr ap manager. Their squad is garbage. But they are above us in the league.

It's time to be honest with ourselves and have a serious look at it. No one is getting any points here for blind loyalty to Levein when he has done fu ck all to justify it. It doesn't make you a better supporter.

Very well put.

Yeah - agreed.

Well Shar up moaning then :D We've had some hard games past few weeks, im happy just not to be in the relegation zone.

He has some games coming up which have to get at least a 7 point return ( Crewe, Milwall , Norwich all at home ) im willing to see how he does.

Well Shar up moaning then :D We've had some hard games past few weeks, im happy just not to be in the relegation zone.

He has some games coming up which have to get at least a 7 point return ( Crewe, Milwall , Norwich all at home ) im willing to see how he does.

Fair enough. I agree with you that we've had some hard games and I'd also agree that we have been unlucky not to have picked up more points.

What I'm saying though is that it's a worrying trend and that we do need to pick up some points, as you have said, sooner rather than later.

We're poor.

I know it was one match but City's performance against Sheffield United was the best I've seen in years from them. It was a glittering indication of what the team is capable of and, considering the cost and unheaval of getting rid of Craig, I cannot see any point in not being patient at this time.

Levein tests the nerves, certainly, and I am frustrated beyond belief by some of the silly things he does - as you are - but I see no happy returns in failing to show faith in the guy. The club gave him a three year contract to build something here.

Let's stick with the sound wisdom of that decision. Let's give him chance to build us a respectable club once more. It never was going to be easy.

But do you not realise that the results to date count in that table?

Or do you think that at the end of the season they discard the results and all get together for a debate about who deserves to get promoted, who deserves to go down etc?

What?

Seeing as we are in a transitional season the only table that matters is the one on the last Sunday of the season and as we will still be in the first division we will have done okay and be much stronger for the next.

Why do I stick up for Levein?

From a purely personal reason I stick up for him because I actually like what he is doing here. I might be deluded and I might have a completely different opinion to the majority of Leicester fans but I enjoy watching younger footballers who potentially can get better as time goes on, instead of old journeymen who have come to Leicester in the past with their best years behind them. I don't like the fact that for 3 or 4 years i've not managed to build any sort of rapport with the majority of players as they were only signe don one year deals and either binned before their contract expired or binned at the end of it.

Where we are in the league is nothing short of disgusting, but there was no way this club could continue the way it was being run and atleast Levein has come in with new ideas and tried to change it. He's done alot of good things at this club what with bringing in younger players, giving the youngsters from our academy a chance and actually turned some of our players in to sellable assets which is vital for a club like ours.

It might come down to it that Levein isn't good enough to take us in to the premiership, but it might well be that if we ever do get back in to the premiership under the guidance of a certain manager it might well be down to the foundations that Levein set.

As far as i'm concerned this club isn't good enough or ready to challenge for premiership football for a few years. The club as a whole is skint and unless we seek short term success there is no way this club can compete with the bigger clubs in this country without throwing money at it that we haven't got. The parachute payments are running out and the club needs to make sure it's stable. The players Levein has signed compared to the sort of players Adams signed has given us more stability as not only are they on lower wages they also hold some value and 'want factor' from other clubs. We need to have a policy where this club has a good eye on youngsters so that we get a reputation for producing the best youngsters in the division and that will aid us in our passage back to the premiership over a period of time.

I don't see any other way possible for a club like ours to get back in to the premiership and stay there, short term signings haven't worked for this club and has wasted valuable time and money at this club when we perhaps had a chance to strike while the iron was hot at the start of last season. Whoever manages this club will need to follow a similar plan to Levein's otherwise the club will be in an even worse state than it is. I would rather finish 14th with the current set of players than 8th with a bunch of over the hill ex-premiership stars on one year contracts. What exactly would it achieve?

Obviously if Levein doesn't improve the results and league position over a period of time then his position should be looked at but as far as i'm concerned I don't see any point in getting rid of him now or within the near future. Another manager, another set of players and another game plan would be verging on devestation if got wrong next time. We need to let Levein continue his work in my opinion.

Why do I stick up for Levein?

From a purely personal reason I stick up for him because I actually like what he is doing here. I might be deluded and I might have a completely different opinion to the majority of Leicester fans but I enjoy watching younger footballers who potentially can get better as time goes on, instead of old journeymen who have come to Leicester in the past with their best years behind them. I don't like the fact that for 3 or 4 years i've not managed to build any sort of rapport with the majority of players as they were only signe don one year deals and either binned before their contract expired or binned at the end of it.

Where we are in the league is nothing short of disgusting, but there was no way this club could continue the way it was being run and atleast Levein has come in with new ideas and tried to change it. He's done alot of good things at this club what with bringing in younger players, giving the youngsters from our academy a chance and actually turned some of our players in to sellable assets which is vital for a club like ours.

It might come down to it that Levein isn't good enough to take us in to the premiership, but it might well be that if we ever do get back in to the premiership under the guidance of a certain manager it might well be down to the foundations that Levein set.

As far as i'm concerned this club isn't good enough or ready to challenge for premiership football for a few years. The club as a whole is skint and unless we seek short term success there is no way this club can compete with the bigger clubs in this country without throwing money at it that we haven't got. The parachute payments are running out and the club needs to make sure it's stable. The players Levein has signed compared to the sort of players Adams signed has given us more stability as not only are they on lower wages they also hold some value and 'want factor' from other clubs. We need to have a policy where this club has a good eye on youngsters so that we get a reputation for producing the best youngsters in the division and that will aid us in our passage back to the premiership over a period of time.

I don't see any other way possible for a club like ours to get back in to the premiership and stay there, short term signings haven't worked for this club and has wasted valuable time and money at this club when we perhaps had a chance to strike while the iron was hot at the start of last season. Whoever manages this club will need to follow a similar plan to Levein's otherwise the club will be in an even worse state than it is. I would rather finish 14th with the current set of players than 8th with a bunch of over the hill ex-premiership stars on one year contracts. What exactly would it achieve?

Obviously if Levein doesn't improve the results and league position over a period of time then his position should be looked at but as far as i'm concerned I don't see any point in getting rid of him now or within the near future. Another manager, another set of players and another game plan would be verging on devestation if got wrong next time. We need to let Levein continue his work in my opinion.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's not about 'feeling sorry' for CL it's about having a bit of knowledge, understanding that this was always going to be a transitional year, knowing that the team were going to be inconsistent this season, realising that league position isn't necessarily an accurate measure of progress and understanding that we should prhaps leave any kind of judgement on CL until the end of the season at the very least.

It's also about going to the matches and seeing the progress on pitch from one week to the other, seeing how things are slowly but surely heading in the right direction. Above all, it's about having a bit of patience and having a true understanding of where we've come from and what can realistically be achieved in the time that's been given so far.

Merry Xmas.

:)

Archived