Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Worst Player since the Walkers opened

Sod it, I've got to do it.

Top scorer he may be but...

Mark de Vries.

Haha lol

It's gotta be Lewis, although Curtis, Rogers and a certain Kevin Pressman all run him close in that award. As for the current squad, Rab 'flap' Douglas is looking to get his name up in lights for the wrong reasons.

Lewis just pips de Vries.

Both are jokes of professional footballers. Lewis was laughable and still is.

And as for de Vries , well those who have seen him dont need me to explain ;)

Ok... what is wrong with de Vries.

He has none of the attributes required to be considered a good footballer.

I wouldn't even say he's 100% effort.

He doesn't use his advantages very well... that is to say, he's big, strong and wide. Can he hold the ball up OR win a header? No.

In short, he's no pace, his control is poor, his finishing usually leaves a lot to be desired, he can't hold the ball up and he encourages the rest of the side to play hoofball.

Junior Lewis was indeed rubbish. It's hard to compare them because they play in different positions but both are completely incompetent. At least Junior looked out of depth in the Premier at times. I don't think they'd actually let de Vries play in the premier - the sponsors would pull out - it would be an embarrasment.

He doesn't use his advantages very well... that is to say, he's big, strong and wide. Can he hold the ball up OR win a header? No.

In short, he's no pace, his control is poor, his finishing usually leaves a lot to be desired, he can't hold the ball up and he encourages the rest of the side to play hoofball.

Junior Lewis was indeed rubbish. It's hard to compare them because they play in different positions but both are completely incompetent. At least Junior looked out of depth in the Premier at times. I don't think they'd actually let de Vries play in the premier - the sponsors would pull out - it would be an embarrasment.

lol I reckon Honda De Vries wouldn't mind sponsoring the Premiership! :P

Give some reasons for it, because you can't just hate a quality player. worst player for me has to be David Connolly purely for the lack of effort he put in to every game.

What? Connolly lacked effort during games he played for us??

The boy worked his socks off!!

If you go on quality of performances rather than performance vs expectations Craig Hignett gets a special mention. He wasa a decent player in his prime, and by all accounds he is a great bloke but he was winding down for retirement when he came to us and it showed.

this discussion has reminded me of just how many second-rate signings MA was involved in.

I am not sure we can blame Junior Lewis for how badly his spell at LCFC went. According to an interview at the time not long before he joined Gillingham he was earning £300 a week working in a factory and playing part time for Hendon. He joined Gillingham and did OK, but dropped put of the first team picture when PT left.

Suddenly the phone ramg and PT offers him a loan spell at Leicester so he accepts it. Shortly therafter he gets offered an insane amount of money to sign a long term deal with a premiership club, a deal so good he may never need to work again.

Honestly now, tell me what you would have done in his position?

Simon

Now then, so much harshness on poor old Vriesy, he gets far too much stick. 8 goals and being a shite as you lot say aint bad. At least he gives 100%.

The worst I have seen would be Pressman, Rogers (The Wank, as named by Katy and Stez), Curtis, Heath, Lewis....I can't be arsed with anymore, it's depressing.

What about another of Ta@#$rs great choises

Ade Akim bad buy? ( Did he play at the Walkers?)

He has made a million on potential but has not delivered. Burnley I ask you and scores the winner against us.........A fairy tail gone wrong.

Who would be everyones selection as the worst manager or is that taken for granted just as he took us for granted. I can not believe Ta@#$r is still in football. After his effort at the mighty LCFC I am shocked he dident take nitting up as a profession. (Apologies to those nitters out there that may take offence)

MadMick

He has made a million on potential but has not delivered. Burnley I ask you and scores the winner against us.........A fairy tail gone wrong.

Who would be everyones selection as the worst manager or is that taken for granted just as he took us for granted. I can not believe Ta@#$r is still in football. After his effort at the mighty LCFC I am shocked he dident take nitting up as a profession. (Apologies to those nitters out there that may take offence)

MadMick

Never for Leicester, but against a few times, where he has also scored :cry:

MadMick

He isnt a bad player. The problem is he wasnt a premiership player, however he is a championship player, and some of our current crop aren't.

De Vries has got a good touch and good feet to be fair to him.

Ur spot on with the rest though.

De Vries has got a good touch and good feet to be fair to him.

Ur spot on with the rest though.

I was perhaps being overly harsh in that aspect.

His control is nothing special at all, but for a big man, I suppose it could be seen as a relative strength of his.

Straws and clutching at springs to mind though.

After 2 and bit pages still no one has offered up a worse player than Junior Lewis, good grief he wouldn't even have got in the Westerby Cup teams of some of our local non league sides.

Also noted no one has mentioned Paddy Kisnorbo, who by all accounts recently is utter bollox :o:whistle: <_<

After 2 and bit pages still no one has offered up a worse player than Junior Lewis, good grief he wouldn't even have got in the Westerby Cup teams of some of our local non league sides.

Also noted no one has mentioned Paddy Kisnorbo, who by all accounts recently is utter bollox :o:whistle: <_<

Well i have kinda seen him in a new light after sat, looks comfortable at centre half

Archived