Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue Arrow

Izzet

I don't think we should bring him back.

1) Too injury prone.

2) I doubt if he could consistently show the kind of form he did for so long in his previous spell here.

Leave him as he is, a legend.

I'm sorry TPH but I'm going to have to agree with you againand let's just stick to the memories I would hate for them to be spoilt and wouldn't want to take the risk.

Bit unfair there Ric! Muzzy was unquestionably the most pleasing on the eye skillwise. But whenever Lennon and Savage went "missing" it was usually doing the ugly things in football...something the current side needs to learn (as pointed out by Tiatto elsewhere.) Let's just remember them as all complimenting each other rather than dividing the best midfield this club has had for many a year.

I don't think it was harsh. I am fully aware and very grateful of what Lennon and Savage did at this club but to state that Izzet shouldn't be commended as a 'hero' at this club is bollocks. My mind hasn't been clouded because of the length of time he stayed at the club, obviously the longer a player stays at a club means they've got more time and chances to force themselves upon someone's mind but Izzet was a fanstastic player and so were Lennon and Savage each in their own right.

But what Martyn said was utter bollocks and i'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with me.

I don't think it was harsh. I am fully aware and very grateful of what Lennon and Savage did at this club but to state that Izzet shouldn't be commended as a 'hero' at this club is bollocks. My mind hasn't been clouded because of the length of time he stayed at the club, obviously the longer a player stays at a club means they've got more time and chances to force themselves upon someone's mind but Izzet was a fanstastic player and so were Lennon and Savage each in their own right.

But what Martyn said was utter bollocks and i'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with me.

Oh yes, and I'm one of them...couldn't agree more about Muzzy. One of the best. What I was referring to was offering the alleged shortcomings of his team mates to justifiy Muzzy's undoubted ability.

Oh yes, and I'm one of them...couldn't agree more about Muzzy. One of the best. What I was referring to was offering the alleged shortcomings of his team mates to justifiy Muzzy's undoubted ability.

I only offered their shortcomings because Martyn had declared that Lennon was the one with all the ability and Izzet was just there to make the numbers up. Obviously he didn't exactly say that but that's what I felt he was getting at and it certainly was utter bollocks.

Muzzy Izzet - Gone but never forgotten.

I only offered their shortcomings because Martyn had declared that Lennon was the one with all the ability and Izzet was just there to make the numbers up. Obviously he didn't exactly say that but that's what I felt he was getting at and it certainly was utter bollocks.

Muzzy Izzet - Gone but never forgotten.

Fair point then Ric. But don't forget that martin had a great sense of humour. Could be he was going back to the time the late, great Brian Clough referred to John Robertson as the skilled winger and Martin O'Neill as the Hod Carrier????

Fair point then Ric. But don't forget that martin had a great sense of humour. Could be he was going back to the time the late, great Brian Clough referred to John Robertson as the skilled winger and Martin O'Neill as the Hod Carrier????

Possibly, if so then I apologise to martyn for reacting the way I did but I sense he was being serious.

Met Brian Clough once, utter legend (even if was for forest :mad: ), called a spade a spade

= Harsh

Probably one of our most loyal players since Walshie

i don't disagree but I stand by my statement that he would have gone a lot sooner if the circumstance were there. The point I was making was my view on his ability, like Ric is not cloudy by misty eyed visions of loyalty. I think he was one of the most talented and committed Leicester players of the last 20 years. A personal favourite to boot.

i don't disagree but I stand by my statement that he would have gone a lot sooner if the circumstance were there. The point I was making was my view on his ability, like Ric is not cloudy by misty eyed visions of loyalty. I think he was one of the most talented and committed Leicester players of the last 20 years. A personal favourite to boot.

Agreed! but i stand by the fact it was harsh to question his loyalty.

"I only offered their shortcomings because Martyn had declared that Lennon was the one with all the ability and Izzet was just there to make the numbers up"

"I am fully aware and very grateful of what Lennon and Savage did at this club but to state that Izzet shouldn't be commended as a 'hero' at this club is bollocks"

I'm sorry but eh? There are assumptions and there are ASSUMPTIONS. How can you possibly deduce that I believe Lennon to have had all the ability from my original point?? To be honest, you couldn't be much further from the truth.

Izzet did have more 'ability' than Lennon, however, if we are talking about importance to the team at the time, I feel that Izzet would have been easier to replace than Lennon, what with players like Garry Parker and Stefan Oakes (obviously at different times) being more able to fill Muzzy's shoes given their strengths as players.

Lennon was absolutely crucial to the Leicester side of that time, certainly people may trace the sudden decline during the reign of PT to when Lennon was sold. I never classed Muzzy as 'crucial' although of course nobody can devalue the excellent contribution he made to LCFC during his years here.

Also I never explicitally stated that he shouldn't go down as a 'hero'. I feel he is perhaps praised too much owing to the fact he stayed at the club for longer than the other succesful MON players, despite the fact the contribution he made (in my opinion) was no greater than the likes of Flowers, Elliott, Taggart, Lennon, Savage, Heskey and the like.

I think Elliott is a point I'd like to use. His performances dipped towards the end of his career owing to age/injuries etc. This was coupled with him being paid inflated wages.

I noted that people started getting on his back, and using his wages as ammunition. People should remember that Elliott was an absolute rock and the best centre half I've ever seen play for Leicester, and arguably one of the best centre forwards ;) I would hazard a bet that in a poll of Leicester fans, Muzzy would finish above Elliott in more favourite/best player lists and I believe this to be short sighted and unfair.

To sum up.

1) Muzzy Izzet was a hugely valuable LCFC player

2) I believe Lennon to have been more 'important'. People will disagree and that is fine.

3) In the early PT era, Savage was the fulcrum of the midfield. I think he won player of the season in PT's 1st year?

4) The above 2 points do not indicate that I believe Lennon or Savage to have had more 'ability' than Izzet and I can't believe how my quote has been misused to make this assumption.

5) Thanks for reading

Yeah, I remember the goal he scored in a 2-1 defeat away to Chelsea, making Desailly look an idiot having shimeed past him before producing a killer cruyff turn. Can you imagine MdV producing similar!

Shame no-one has responded to my last post, despite how quickly my original post had been responed to and ridiculously misquoted for personal agendas.

Yeah, I remember the goal he scored in a 2-1 defeat away to Chelsea, making Desailly look an idiot having shimeed past him before producing a killer cruyff turn. Can you imagine MdV producing similar!

Shame no-one has responded to my last post, despite how quickly my original post had been responed to and ridiculously misquoted for personal agendas.

Yeah i remember that, it was an awesome goal!!

and Andy Gray commentating "this is no mug, this a wuld cup winner!" (about Desailly)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lcfc_olip6_lcfc

I've just been reading the best/fave goal for leicester and since a lot of you mentioned Izzet, I remebred how bloody good he was compared to moast of our current bunch and unearthed this video.

Muzzy video

pure brilliance, half the stuff tht he did on that video should be illegal....thanks for the memories mate! sensational :thumbup::ph34r:

Can't believe the discussion that's been had earlier in this thread. Martyn you are entitled to your opinion but there is nothing misty eyed about the way people see Muzzy. Fans look for a few things and he had them all (loyalty, hard work, good to watch, skillfull, game changing ability, leadership)...he was immense for this club and the video at the start of this thread doesn't do him justice...it doesn't have enough of the real work he did especially after Lennon and then Savage went of winning the ball and running all day long.

It's hard to say that Muzzy would be easier to replace then Lennon or Savage because the point is all three are gone and we haven't found a replacement for any of them really...Stefan Oakes never came close by the way.

Muzzy probably would come top but that's because while Elliot was a rock at centre back we had others as well there in 'recent' times...Walshy for one who could also score goals and go forward. The loyalty factor isn't just a misty eyed 'oh he stayed' but it showed that he was as dedicated to this club as we could expect from any player.

I don't think calling him a great or a legend takes anything away from Lennon or Savage (or Elliot, Flowers etc) and the role they played under MON because the whole point of that team was the way it functioned as a unit.

Archived