Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Which bands or artists are releasing new material next year that you are looking forward to?

Also, which bands do you think are going to break though and make it next year?

Looking very much forward to Tool's and Underworld's upcoming releases. Tool have only released two albums in the last ten years, so I'm quite used to waiting :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to new albums from Park, Moneen, The Appleseed Cast, Atreyu, Thursday, Explosions in the Sky, Underoath :yahoo: and many more.

Break through bands, hmm. I had a go at this last year and did ok, Mae released an amazing album and i'm suprised they are not as big as they should be.

Next year, i think Panic! At The Disco will follow Fall Out Boy's footsteps to stardom. :rolleyes:

Taking Back Sunday will get worse, but bigger.

Sigur Ros - If Glosoli makes it onto TV/Radio they'll be a craze :P

Paramore / Hayley Williams

Brand New

Thursday

I say i'll right on at least 3 of those ;)

1) Next year, i think Panic! At The Disco will follow footsteps to stardom.. :rolleyes:

2) Brand New

1) How awful are these? i heard them round my mates as a few people are really bumming them and i just said they are a poor fall out boy, and i don't like fall out boy so... The sort of irritating music that will become popular and so we'll all have to endure its visits on SKY.

2) I'm surprised they haven't broken through yet...

1) How awful are these? i heard them round my mates as a few people are really bumming them and i just said they are a poor fall out boy, and i don't like fall out boy so... The sort of irritating music that will become popular and so we'll all have to endure its visits on SKY.

2) I'm surprised they haven't broken through yet...

They sound exactly like Fall Out Boy, damn catchy but they just annoy me now whenever i hear them.

I said Brand New would break through last year but they never released anything, hopefully next year and 3 years will be worth the wait. Their website has kind of gone downhill though - www.fightoffyourdemons.com :D

They sound exactly like Fall Out Boy, damn catchy but they just annoy me now whenever i hear them.

I said Brand New would break through last year but they never released anything, hopefully next year and 3 years will be worth the wait. Their website has kind of gone downhill though - www.fightoffyourdemons.com :D

:D That's shoddy work.

I'm very much looking forward to Love Is All's new album, "9 Times the Same Song," due out on January 24 here in the U.S. but perhaps sooner in Europe. I also mentioned Mogwai's new album, "Mr Beast," on an earlier thread--it kicks ass.

The Aislers Set, one of my favorite indie bands, said in 2004 that they were looking at a fall 2005 release date for new material, but that passed... now they're saying possible new record early 2006, but I've not heard anything else.

Old timers Radiohead and Pixies will probably release new work next year. As they collectively have 4 of my favorite albums of all time between them I am looking forward to see if they come up with any thing interesting.

The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys have albums out in January which should be cool and hopefully there will be a new supply of fresh bands to come out of the woodwork.

Old timers Radiohead and Pixies will probably release new work next year. As they collectively have 4 of my favorite albums of all time between them I am looking forward to see if they come up with any thing interesting.

The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys have albums out in January which should be cool and hopefully there will be a new supply of fresh bands to come out of the woodwork.

First good Album release of the year will be

Arctic Monkeys

WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY I AM, THAT's WHAT I'M NOT

The album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' will be released on the 30th of January.

1. The View From The Afternoon

2. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

3. Fake Tales Of San Francisco

4. Dancing Shoes

5. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me

6. Still Take You Home

7. Riot Van

8. Red Light Indecates Doors Are Secured

9. Mardy Bum

10. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...

11. When The Sun Goes Down

12. From Ritz To The Rubble

13. A Certain Romance

First good Album release of the year will be

Arctic Monkeys

WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY I AM, THAT's WHAT I'M NOT

The album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' will be released on the 30th of January.

1. The View From The Afternoon

2. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

3. Fake Tales Of San Francisco

4. Dancing Shoes

5. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me

6. Still Take You Home

7. Riot Van

8. Red Light Indecates Doors Are Secured

9. Mardy Bum

10. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...

11. When The Sun Goes Down

12. From Ritz To The Rubble

13. A Certain Romance

It's a class album i tell thee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

Definately! Spring is hopefully it's arrival date. :D

Have you got the new dvd Libertine? I was a bit disappointed I was hoping for some more unseen footage rather than the glastonbury set which although brilliant was shown on the beeb. More footage from Earls Court for instance which was an amazing gig...one of the best if not the best Muse gig I've been to!

Have you got the new dvd Libertine? I was a bit disappointed I was hoping for some more unseen footage rather than the glastonbury set which although brilliant was shown on the beeb. More footage from Earls Court for instance which was an amazing gig...one of the best if not the best Muse gig I've been to!

I haven't got it yet. I hope to. I've heard people say basically the same as you have about it. Which DVD is best? Hullabaloo?

I haven't got it yet. I hope to. I've heard people say basically the same as you have about it. Which DVD is best? Hullabaloo?

I think Hullabaloo is better yeah although this one is still worth having in my opinion just for the newer material

e.g. Stockholm Syndrome live at Earls Court is ruddy amazing!

hopefully ian brown and faithless and the beastie boys

welcome back knighton matt, i've missed the alan sugar avatar. i guessed the local hero was to much for you! :whistle:

Thank you very much Sir Stez. Of course the Hero was not too much for me but my new job bloody is unfortunately. It's good to be back and Sugar himself is looking as good as he ever did and his words particularly apt at the moment too!

I think Hullabaloo is better yeah although this one is still worth having in my opinion just for the newer material

e.g. Stockholm Syndrome live at Earls Court is ruddy amazing!

I saw a clip of SS at Glastonbury I think. Amazing is definately the word. :D

I've said it before but Jason Mraz might well make it big this year. He's quite big in the US, some of his work is awesome. I'm annoyed though cos I wanted to see him in Manchester in March but he's already sold out so I'm guessing word is getting around.

Archived