Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Millwall Match Thread

As a matter of fact, the point about failure to beat the bottom two IS relevant. Surely it means we are only as good as them at best. I simply haven't got your faith in the mysticism which proclaims that Leicester are too good to go down.

Then the point about success in beating Sheff Utd must surely be relevant too, no? Does this mean we are better than them?

Then the point about success in beating Sheff Utd must surely be relevant too, no? Does this mean we are better than them?

Neither point is especially relevant other than showing that we ARE capable of beating the top sides yet often don't beat the bottom sides.

We have never won consecutive league games this season under Levein and I'm not sure we will.

That is part of the reason we are where we are in the league. The league doesn't lie. We're in the shit.

I wish I could bury my head in the sand like some of the folk on here. **** retards the lot of 'em.

Whatever, would be better than having Sylla out there.

We need to be working for each other and players like Sylla,Williams, Douglas don't fit into this category, look at Wigan,not the best team in the world but they work for each other and because of that they are reaping the rewards, like us under O'Neill, we didnt have superstars but we had the work rate and that little bit of quality,no 20 goal a season striker, work rate and concentration will get you a long way in football and at the moment Sylla,Douglas etc do not have that.

I don't disagree with you. Work rate can be improved though. The Gillespie example serves as proof that motivation and work rate can change pretty much overnight. I don't know if it's worth hanging on to Sylla and tweaking his brain, or ship him out asap. Williams has showed us on occasions that he can be class, maybe he feels he's got a point to prove now that he's been left out for a while... Rab is hopeless, didn't want him in the first place.

No, because the League table never lies. And are we not comparing potential relegation sides, which Sheffield Utd. are clearly not.

Neither point is especially relevant other than showing that we ARE capable of beating the top sides yet often don't beat the bottom sides.

We have never won consecutive league games this season under Levein and I'm not sure we will.

That is part of the reason we are where we are in the league. The league doesn't lie. We're in the shit.

I wish I could bury my head in the sand like some of the folk on here. **** retards the lot of 'em.

We all know we're in the shit. Some are blindly hoping we'll get out of it miraculously, some think we'll heap more shit onto ourselves by keeping Levein, and vice versa some think firing Levein will get us into more trouble. I feel the situation is starting to get desperate, but Levein doesn't look like he's panicking. You know he and his coaches are labouring day and night to find the way out of it. I do not see why it shouldn't be possible to get out and be succesful with Levein at the helm. But it's obvious that we cannot afford to get relegated again, so he has to go if he doesn't get us out of immediate danger.

I don't disagree with you. Work rate can be improved though. The Gillespie example serves as proof that motivation and work rate can change pretty much overnight. I don't know if it's worth hanging on to Sylla and tweaking his brain, or ship him out asap. Williams has showed us on occasions that he can be class, maybe he feels he's got a point to prove now that he's been left out for a while... Rab is hopeless, didn't want him in the first place.

Sylla - Not unless some kind passing surgeon slices his head open and sticks a new brain in it.

Williams - Like Sylla but with actual talent, doesnt use it as hes lazy, you know what, I play amazing about 3-4 times a year, maybe I can take Williams's place and i'd play for a lot less money, that'd give us more money, hey, problem solved :D

Not enough.

Well, put it this way - are you happy with it?

Also, what you noticed about our league position this season?

Getting steadily worse....

No I'm not happy with it. But when it's said that the League table doesn't lie, and there AREN'T 4-5 teams worse than us, I have to question his argument, no?

Okay, currently the league table suggests there are a number of teams worse than us. Worryingly, that number seems to decrease as time passes.

Still Levein is doing a mighty fine job! :P

I feel it's a dig at me, but I'm not suggesting Levein is doing a good enough job. I'm just not all doom and gloom like you.

The point is that l444ry can't have it both ways.

He can't imply that there are not 4/5 teams worse in the league because we failed to beat the bottom 2 (and subsequently discount wins over higher placed opposition) and then say 'the league table doesn't lie', which clearly shows 4 teams below Leicester (also discounting the game in hand ;))

The above has nothing to do with the job CL is doing!

The point is that l444ry can't have it both ways.

He can't imply that there are not 4/5 teams worse in the league because we failed to beat the bottom 2 (and subsequently discount wins over higher placed opposition) and then say 'the league table doesn't lie', which clearly shows 4 teams below Leicester (also discounting the game in hand ;))

The above has nothing to do with the job CL is doing!

I agree completely.

The league table works as it shows how you stand in terms of points/games played etc.

If everyone always beat the teams below them and lost to those placed above though, there would be no point playing the games and no point in football.

It's not a dig at you, although I see you're arrogant enough to assume it is! :P

(Only joking - :P )

I'm not all doom and gloom. I just don't see what we have to be joyful and happy about...?

I could just imagine that you see me as a 'Levein bumlicker' which is a bit off the mark wouldnt you say?

Nobody's joyful and/or happy. No-one's denying we're in the shit. I just don't think an immediate sacking of Levein is going to turn things around.

Passionless display except a few players.

Hume was very quiet by his standards today , he only made a few surges into the box , one in the last minute.

Smith played well (again) showed glimpses of why everyone loves him , some clever runs.

Johansson got skinned for the goal , Tiatto is a useless twat , runs around like a headless chicken , and the ref got it right with his sending off.

Douglas got a fair bit of stick from the Kop , which I thought was a bit harsh , although first half he was dropping crosses left right and center.

Both CB's played well , I felt sorry for Paddy Mac today , he could do nothing about the goal.

Stearmen should have played even if it would have been at RB.

Kisnorbo looked better when he went into defence once again.

Joey again played well , probably the best player on the pitch , but again by his standards he was'nt great.

Gazza Williams played well when he came on , he has that bit of something that can unlock defences and he needs to start.

All in all , it was another fustrating , passionless display by a poor Championship side.

Archived