Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Millwall Match Thread

The point is that l444ry can't have it both ways.

He can't imply that there are not 4/5 teams worse in the league because we failed to beat the bottom 2 (and subsequently discount wins over higher placed opposition) and then say 'the league table doesn't lie', which clearly shows 4 teams below Leicester (also discounting the game in hand ;))

The above has nothing to do with the job CL is doing!

Talk about putting up straw men to knock down. I did not imply there are 4/5 teams worse than us in the League. I was simply contesting that, on current form, relegation is not the impossibilty some ostriches seem to think. If you actually want to take a snapshot at this moment in time, we are probably the worst team. I'm not suggesting that either. Luckily for us, the League is over 40 plus games. But with a manager who has won only 5 out of 24 games this season, and having MORE RECENTLY gained only two draws at home against the bottom two sides I'd prefer to make a more realistic analysis of our future than some of the Mystic Meg's that frequent these pages....

whats humes excuse?

things like that must happen often to elvis because he dont score a lot

That's what I have been thinking...

Between Humes and Elvis, really, we should see a couple of goals in a game.

- How many passes did they get in this game?

- How many of them were decent ones?

I know Williams tried to pass a few balls their way, but have no idea if they were feasible ones or not.

Would anyone that has been to the game care to comment on this?

From my point of view the season's getting bleaker and bleaker.

Levein is a time bomb waiting to explode. And the clock's ticking I'm afraid. I thought I'd give him until the end of the season but with performances like that even the end of the season seems too long.

Levein should realise that he is playing for his job at the moment. The fans aren't happy, I bet the board ain't happy, and I'm sure the players aren't happy either. The buck stops with the gaffer....

That's what I have been thinking...

Between Humes and Elvis, really, we should see a couple of goals in a game.

- How many passes did they get in this game?

- How many of them were decent ones?

I know Williams tried to pass a few balls their way, but have no idea if they were feasible ones or not.

Would anyone that has been to the game care to comment on this?

You've touched on a major problem. With Kisnorbo in midfield there is just not enough creativity. Obvious really. Joey's taking loads of responsibility and shooting at every opportunity but he's not a deft passer.

Williams made a massive difference in this way when he came on but his alternatives were limited because we had no left winger and, if Smith moved there, we'd have no right winger.

We've gone through this season with two many unplugged weaknesses, too many playrs who were assumed to be any good but who quite clearly weren't even from the off (Douglas, Johansson, Sylla, Tiatto, latterly Kisnorbo).

You can't win like that.

Now everyone is fit and once they are all available our best players FOR OUR BEST SYSTEM are:

New goalkeeper (but Henderson for now);

Stearman/Maybury, McCarthy, Dublin, Sheehan;

Hughes, Joey, Williams;

Smith, Hume, DeVries/Hammond.

I know everyone will grumble about Sheehan (but I'll stand by what I believe in and one questionable performance won't change my mind) but this is the all-round attacking side which offers the greatest potential for effective forward movement.

To me those players are way ahead of all the rest and you have to work a system around them.

Add people in January by all means but we are so limited for options at present that the side above is the only one which I believe will consistently bring results, when it is available of course. I certainly don't want to explain chapter and verse as to why.

You've touched on a major problem. With Kisnorbo in midfield there is just not enough creativity. Obvious really. Joey's taking loads of responsibility and shooting at every opportunity but he's not a deft passer.

Williams made a massive difference in this way when he came on but his alternatives were limited because we had no left winger and, if Smith moved there, we'd have no right winger.

We've gone through this season with two many unplugged weaknesses, too many playrs who were assumed to be any good but who quite clearly weren't even from the off (Douglas, Johansson, Sylla, Tiatto, latterly Kisnorbo).

You can't win like that.

Now everyone is fit and once they are all available our best players FOR OUR BEST SYSTEM are:

Hughes, Joey, Williams;

I know everyone will grumble about Sheehan (but I'll stand by what I believe in and one questionable performance won't change my mind) but this is the all-round attacking side which offers the greatest potential for effective forward movement.

To me those players are way ahead of all the rest and you have to work a system around them.

Add people in January by all means but we are so limited for options at present that the side above is the only one which I believe will consistently bring results, when it is available of course. I certainly don't want to explain chapter and verse as to why.

couple of questions

1.Why no Gerrbrand?

2. Think we should actually give Henderson a run before rushing to replace him :D ?

You can't win like that.

Hughes, Joey, Williams;

I couldn't witness the 2nd half as I was away at my grandparents' place for a Christmas feast.

After about 5 hours, I come back and check the scores. We've drawn against the last team in the standings. With ten men after Tiatto was booked twice and sent off (I kinda guessed that).

What an awful performance. Things are just not working together:

- Seems like we got another crappy goalkeeper brought in who is way beyond his prime. Looks and plays like Pressman. We should've sticked with Ian Walker. And why can't we manage to have another goalkeeper as a sub? I would've substituted Douglas at half time to set a sign.

- Our defence is abysmal, very shaky. Yeah, they can hit the net. Their own, that is. The way Craig Levein has juggled with our defenders is unbelieveable. One game, it's Sheehan, then Johansson, then Stearman, then Maybury, then McCarthy, then Kisnorbo. I thought experimenting was over. And what good did Tiatto do today exactly? A very encouraging performance for all other team members. That's the way NOT to do it. He should call it quits and start playing rugby.

- Our midfield is probably the best part of the whole squad. Lots of potential, but often wasted with all those other crap players who give a damn about teamwork.

- We need one VERY GOOD striker!

Sort it out for Wednesday, please!

I am very disappointed.

At least the food was excellent.

I sold Douglas and Sylla on football manager and didn't sign anyone, we were 8th after a few games :P

But anyways that means nothing and honestly Levein's time is definatly coming to the end unless he does something magical, knowing us though we'll probably beat Reading and the pressure will be off again -which it shouldn't. The truth is we have been patient with Levein...but there is no excuse for how far down the league we are, he may be completly rebuilding a team but even during that we should not be this far down the league. Right now I don't care whos the next one in as long as we get someone else, and I hate to be negative.

Well put.

Other teams (eg Watford) have rebuilt their side far more quickly than he's managed to date.

It's now a question of whether he goes in January or June. The fans' patience has been stretched to breaking point.

Even if he does manage to keep us up the chances of us returning to the Premiership are minimal while he's in charge.

Archived