Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Who's fault is it that were in this situation?

Who's fault is it that were in this situation?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who's fault is it that were in this situation?

• Peter Taylor
    • Dave Bassett
    • Micky Adams
    • Craig Levein

I think its Peter Taylor's fault we are in this current state. He took over a successful premiership club, bought loads of crap players, and then left us in a wreck. Dave Bassett took over when we were in a wreck and left us in a wreck so didnt really ruin the club. Micky Adams took over when we were in a wreck, had a successful season, signed some shocking oldies and then left us in a slightly bigger wreck. Craig Levein took over us when we were in a wreck, has made the squad younger, made us play better, but are near relegation.

Or is it the chairman's fault who brought PT in?

We were flying high in the league, lost disappointingly to Wycombe but PT couldnt motivate the squad after that game and then lost every game bar one in the rest of that season to finish 13th. It all went badly from there.

I guess everything can be traced back to Taylor but it's probably so far on now that he can't solely be to blame.

Every manager since Taylor has been firefighting. He is the plonker who really started the rot. And the Chairman who allowed him to waste the amount of money he did when it was obvious he'd fail here.

I think its Peter Taylor's fault we are in this current state. He took over a successful premiership club, bought loads of crap players, and then left us in a wreck. Dave Bassett took over when we were in a wreck and left us in a wreck so didnt really ruin the club. Micky Adams took over when we were in a wreck, had a successful season, signed some shocking oldies and then left us in a slightly bigger wreck. Craig Levein took over us when we were in a wreck, has made the squad younger, made us play better, but are near relegation.

You have got it spot on City Fan! You have to blame the whole management team and the board at the time Peter Taylor was in charge. They all saw a lot of money from the Heskey and Lennon deal and got happy without looking at all the consequences. Looking back, its them that have put us in that postion. We wouldnt have gone into administration if we had been careful with the money. However, it didnt help that we had a new stadium either!

Can I put the board for a succession of poor appointments, being weak and not sacking at the right time. Martin George knew how to appoint a manager- O'Neill and Little prove that. Tim Davies (too bloody weak, knows bugger all about football, he ha sworked in finance his whole career) does not and the chairman may as well be none existent

Taylor ruined O'Neills team, but as for this position in the Championship? Micky Adams for causing this massive rebuilding job. Craig Levein has started it but i can't see him turning it into results now. If he leaves soon he's left us with the potential and i'll always be grateful for that - i fear it's just going to get worse if he stays, just 2 points off relegation. I assume he's sticking around, so we need a motivator, and a striker coach in to help him.

The ultimate blame will always fall on the manager,yet rarely are the coaches blamed.Who appointed the assistant manager,i cant remember but someone will enlighten me i am sure.How often do we hear of managers sacking coaches.What part do the coaches play at Leicester City,how much input do they have.Also at the end of the day the footballers have a part to play,is the passion there,or is it just another pay day,and lets face it how often do they finish up out of pocket.

Wheres the option to vote for MON?

If MON never left we wouldn't be in this situation!

...Only joking, MON was always too good for this club and at the time I hated him for it, but he HAD to move on for his benefit!

I voted Peter Taylor...What a willy puller than man was/is!

Craig Levein took over us when we were in a wreck, has made the squad younger, made us play better, but are near relegation.

Explain how 50 points from the last 46 league games (RELEGATION FORM) indicates we are playing better under the current manager.

No more hard luck stories, no more excuses.

LEVEIN MUST GO!

The ultimate blame will always fall on the manager,yet rarely are the coaches blamed.Who appointed the assistant manager,i cant remember but someone will enlighten me i am sure.How often do we hear of managers sacking coaches.What part do the coaches play at Leicester City,how much input do they have.Also at the end of the day the footballers have a part to play,is the passion there,or is it just another pay day,and lets face it how often do they finish up out of pocket.

I think you'll find that the manager appoints his own backroom staff.

Explain how 50 points from the last 46 league games (RELEGATION FORM) indicates we are playing better under the current manager.

No more hard luck stories, no more excuses.

LEVEIN MUST GO![/size]

I said "playing better", not "getting better results". Do you think MA's hoof ball tactics where we played crap and just scraped a win better than Levein's team where we are playing well and dominating most matches?

You can't blame Taylor that was ages ago.We have been back in the Premier since then wake up & stop living in the past !

We have Levein's team in place with his players so it's his fault we are useless there are no players left from the Taylor era so get over it ! yes he was crap but he's not to blame for what's going on right now.

I voted Levein btw

You can't blame Taylor that was ages ago.We have been back in the Premier since then wake up & stop living in the past !

We have Levein's team in place with his players so it's his fault we are useless there are no players left from the Taylor era so get over it ! yes he was crap but he's not to blame for what's going on right now.

I voted Levein btw

But he wasted loads of money on awful players and was the main reason we went into administration.

That's all history we got promoted afterwards & came out of administration.

The current position of our club is not down to Taylor but Levein. If we are top of the league is it Taylor's fault ? No so howcome it is if we're bottom ?

No one was saying it's Taylor's fault that we are top when we got promoted so stop passing the buck now away from Levein hes the man to blame for our current league position not Taylor/Adams/Pleat /Mclintock or anyone else you want to add.The current team is Levein's responsibility not Taylor's for crying out loud !

It is defiantely not PT's fault. Not completely. Yes, he took us down, yes he spent loads of cash on crap, but, weve recovered since then, back into the premier league. We have never recovered financially though. And that is our problem. I think its craigs fault we are currently in this league position. He has no real passion to get the lads motivated, and to be honest they are not that bad of players... they just dont have the passion. If the manager has it, it reflects on the players. But its not there. CL is like a card board cut-out on the interviews - same old excuses and im sick of it.

LEVEIN OUT

The current position of our club is not down to Taylor but Levein. If we are top of the league is it Taylor's fault ? No so howcome it is if we're bottom ?

No one was saying it's Taylor's fault that we are top when we got promoted so stop passing the buck now away from Levein hes the man to blame for our current league position not Taylor/Adams/Pleat /Mclintock or anyone else you want to add.The current team is Levein's responsibility not Taylor's for crying out loud !

Of course. I'm just saying that Taylor had a huge part to play in our downfall.

I'm not saying it would be any different but it just another one of those "What If's"

Why are Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, e.t.c, such good managers? Money is a major fact of it, I think if any of those managers came to help get Leicester out this shit even they would struggle, why? Because they would have no money to spend. Now what if, it wasn't for PT spending shit loads of money of shit players and causing Administration, Would Levein/Adams, e.t.c have had money availiable? And would they have made good use of money availiable? Another one of those what if's we will never know the answer to due to PT!

It is defiantely not PT's fault. Not completely. Yes, he took us down, yes he spent loads of cash on crap, but, weve recovered since then, back into the premier league. We have never recovered financially though. And that is our problem. I think its craigs fault we are currently in this league position. He has no real passion to get the lads motivated, and to be honest they are not that bad of players... they just dont have the passion. If the manager has it, it reflects on the players. But its not there. CL is like a card board cut-out on the interviews - same old excuses and im sick of it.

LEVEIN OUT

If PT hadn't wasted all our money and got us in the red, MA would have had some money to spend in our Premiership season instead of having zero budget and therefore getting relegated.

If PT hadn't wasted all our money and got us in the red, MA would have had some money to spend in our Premiership season instead of having zero budget and therefore getting relegated.

Exactly, then we would most propbally have survived, depending on whether ma could bring in some fresh players in January, but thats all history anyway- It is Craig Leveins fault we are in this position, hes sold Connolly and cleared out. Its no good building a different team but taking the risk of relegation in the mean time, because being a city fan and after all the ups and downs we have saw over the years, we want to see an up, not a down.

You just don't get it.

There are other teams in this League who have spent less than us & are flying high Luton/Burnley/Stoke to name but 3 so don't say we are rubbish because we have no cash as Taylor f*****d us up 4 years ago. That is a lame excuse with the financial resources we still have we shouldn't be where we are & that is down to Leveins managerial skills.

Oh I just dropped a glass & it smashed that's Taylor's fault aswell as I was thinking about how he's ruined everything in the world at the time !

Archived