Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

He's Staying......For Now

If that's what the board have said then we have to back him and the players. Like I said yesterday I'd like to see Paulo Wanchope, he mentioned he'd like to return to England, and he's a proven scorer at this level ! I was wondering about that guy strum as well, didn't the deal fall through earlier in the season cos of injury, wonder how he is now ? <_<

I just cant believe it, I really cant. That is such a gamble... bloody rich idiots...

The board doesn't have the money to get rid of him. I wouldn't be surprised to see us back in administration, I get the feeling money is that tight. Ric made a really good point yesterday regarding how much it would cost us to get rid of him, its an unfeasible option I'm afraid. The only way Craig Levein will leave Leicester is by walking out. He isn't going to do that in a hurry is he now.

Fair enough - I'd have preferred to have seen Levein go and the club get off to a new start but if he's staying he's staying and we have to back him.

Results and performances haven't been what any of would have liked but when you look at the squad we have plus a couple of additions we should be good enough to pull away from the bottom three.

At least Levein is building some foundations for the future. I would have loved to see a change now but rocking the boat in a couple of months time is only going to be counter productive. I guess we'll have to get behind Levein until the summer and see where we are then.

They know the facts and figures so i'm backing them all the way.

COME ON!!!!

Same here. It also means that we will be seeing a few new players signing within the next few weeks which is exciting enough news in itself even if they do turn out to be crap. You can't argue that the majority of Levein's signings have got many fans excited even before watching them play, it's a few months later when the penny drops.

Although I fear Levein is a dead man walking i'm looking forward to seeing a new striker even if deep down I know i'd be lying if I said i'm confident Levein will sign us a lethal finisher. There's nothing better than transfer action, come on Levein get to work.

Not really a surprising decision and one that I'm relatively pleased to see, although I wouldn't have been totally distraught if it had gone the other way unless we ended up bringing in one of the many losers on the manager lists that have been banded around.

I like what Levein is trying to do and can't quite fathom why it isn't working out at present - we need to back the club and try and play our part as supporters in lifting us up the table.

I am glad he is staying, and I do take on board the good arguments put forward for him leaving. But I think the people who call either CL or his backers abusive names, or deface pictures of CL sort of undermine those same arguments.

I find it difficult to be convinced by someone who makes their arguments by daubing 'Tw@t' onto a photo....

Same here. It also means that we will be seeing a few new players signing within the next few weeks which is exciting enough news in itself even if they do turn out to be crap. You can't argue that the majority of Levein's signings have got many fans excited even before watching them play, it's a few months later when the penny drops.

Although I fear Levein is a dead man walking i'm looking forward to seeing a new striker even if deep down I know i'd be lying if I said i'm confident Levein will sign us a lethal finisher. There's nothing better than transfer action, come on Levein get to work.

Lets say Levein does sign a lethal striker for £50k from Cork City for example.

This guy then goes and scores 20 goals between now and the end of the season. This would hopefully insure we stayed up and got us into mid table.

How would everyone view Levein then?

I'm quite happy with that, although I think I'm in a rare minority. Add 2 good players to our team and we will steadily move away from the relegation zone. So this transfer window becomes vital.

Levein is effectively buying for his future, so I hope he buys well.

What are 2 good players gonna do what 30 odd players can't do now?

It's not about being a good player, 90% of our squad I would class as good.

It's about teamwork, confidence and motivation, how are 2 good players gonna change that.

If CL's has been given money then yes we need a goalscorer!

But more then that, we need a new coach, and one that can sort out whatever is stopping the talent we have in our side from performing consistently.

I am glad he is staying, and I do take on board the good arguments put forward for him leaving. But I think the people who call either CL or his backers abusive names, or deface pictures of CL sort of undermine those same arguments.

I find it difficult to be convinced by someone who makes their arguments by daubing 'Tw@t' onto a photo....

Well said S.F.

It's about teamwork, confidence and motivation, how are 2 good players gonna change that.

But more then that, we need a new coach, and one that can sort out whatever is stopping the talent we have in our side from performing consistently.

We can all hope can't we? The fact is that at the minute people have the right to question Levein and if there's anybody out there with hard evidence that proves Levein is on the right track at Leicester then i'm sure we'd all be intrigued to see or hear it.

Although 2 players probably aren't going to make any difference, if Levein is to become a success at Leicester then this is his last chance. There have been many managers who have looked down and out at a club and suddenly a signing or two can completely change things, Harry Redknapp springs to mins at West Ham many years ago when they looked ****ed as did he, yet they gave him one last chance and John Hartson and Paul Kitson sent him on his way to success at West Ham. I'm not saying Levein has the money or the ability to do this, but not that long ago there were many fans who thought he was the business and that his ideas and his plans were going well. Now I was one of them and i've seen the light and I am starting to question if Levein is the right man for the job but on the other hand if I believed in him in the first place then it surely isn't impossible that Levein might just MIGHT somehow crack it here.

I'm clutching at straw, I know it. But i'm not completely writing the fella off as I had the nerve to big him up when he was appointed as manager and I should back him all the way but even i've conceded the truth but stranger things have happened and a new striker might spark a revival and if it does i'll be first to show my appreciation to Levein.

Exactly.

I am slightly disappointed with the decision but not surprised. I don't think another striker will change the atmosphere within the club and boost the morale and confidence of the team to such an extent that we will suddenly start looking like world beaters.

I don't blame the board for backing him but, I firmly believe in the long run Levein isn't gonna make the grade. As Ric says, Levein is a dead man walking. He probably will keep us in this league (just) but there have been far too many warning signs this season and last to suggest he's not doing a good job. I expect him to be out before the start of next season unless things dramatically change...which I can't foresee.

Exactly.

I am slightly disappointed with the decision but not surprised. I don't think another striker will change the atmosphere within the club and boost the morale and confidence of the team to such an extent that we will suddenly start looking like world beaters.

I don't blame the board for backing him but, I firmly believe in the long run Levein isn't gonna make the grade. As Ric says, Levein is a dead man walking. He probably will keep us in this league (just) but there have been far too many warning signs this season and last to suggest he's not doing a good job. I expect him to be out before the start of next season unless things dramatically change...which I can't foresee.

They'll let his contract expire, which on Rics information should be the ned of next season if I remember right???

If ever there was a time to 'pull one out of the hat', then this is it.

Some of the suggestions I've seen though, rumoured to be coming in don't instil much confidence however. I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks...

The thing that strikes me about this and perhaps i'm blowing things out of proportion but if the board have started to question Levein and are considering getting rid of him then I would have hoped yesterday's meeting also corresponded with some board members confidentially speaking to some of the players and getting a general consensus on whether they feel he's still the right man for the job.

If the players aren't confident in Levein any longer then it would be almost impossible for Levein to turn things round. If they do believe in him then it makes the possibility of Levein sorting things out a little more likely (still very unlikely though). If they haven't spoken to the players and made the decision out of blind faith then they only have themselves to blame and if after a few new signings we still are in the shit I won't take 'the club hasn't enough money to replace Levein' because they've had the chance to.

I can only think that the cost of getting rid, plus the lack of sensible alternatives has left the board with no choice but to keep Levein.

Pressure is really on him now though, 2 good signings for next to no money will not be easy.

For the sack of Levein's future, and more importantly Leicester City's future , he had better succeed, a very interesting January ahead.

Up the FOXES !

I can only think that the cost of getting rid, plus the lack of sensible alternatives has left the board with no choice but to keep Levein.

Pressure is really on him now though, 2 good signings for next to no money will not be easy.

For the sack of Levein's future, and more importantly Leicester City's future , he had better succeed, a very interesting January ahead.

Up the FOXES !

I assume you meant sake and not sack

Archived