Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

So...after tonights result, whats wrong with Levein?

First of all GREAT RESULT :smile:

But I think it is now clear what the problem with Levein is and what he is doing wrong. Before Hammondo scored we were playing alright but not brilliantly, as soon as Hammond scored we had a great lift. And the adrenaline rush saw our game pick up and we throughly deserved to win.

But if you notice, I think Levein's problem is that he cannot motivate players very well. I think we motivated ourselves by getting the goal. Same against Sheff UTD, we got the goals which gave everyone confidence, which made them play well.

But what annoys me most is that like today and when we played against Sheff UTD, we have proved that we DO HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM, its just that we play crap. :whistle: And it really frustrates me that we don't play like it most of the time.

Hopefully we can take this performance into the next game and WIN (remember that? WIN?) But look at the results after the win at Watford and Sheffield United, we played rubbish.

BUT COME ON LEICESTER LET THIS GAME BE THE KICK UP ARSES! :P

:scarf::banana::bounce::yahoo:

Well the way they came out for the second half, I wouldn't say he couldn't motivate! I can't really comment too much though, I hardly ever get the chance to see them.

He was quick in subbing Hammill though, and credit to him for doing so and changing things around. I know he started out with 4-5-1, but I could see why it should work. When they hit it up to De Vries around the box, he held it up well and the midfielders (Smith, Hughes, Williams) came up to support, but the crosses at that point were not up to scratch.

Having said that, we looked so good playing 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) that there's no doubt what suits our team best.

cannot motivate players??? 2-0 down. 2-1 at half time and came back to win 3-2. If thats not motivating players...

Only thing I was really dissappointed with today from Levein is that he started 4-5-1 again. It said 4-3-3 on bbc but was it balls. There were a few things you could nit pick at but it just goes to show you what confidence can do, Elvis' goal gave us a real lift and as they said changed the hlaf time team talk I'm sure..

ive wanted Craig gone after finally losing faith in the guy over xmas.

im not getting carried away by tonights shock result.

win more games and continue this and i will change my tune but , but weve had one win wonder games before followed by a lot of dross.

i want to be able to go to the stadium expecting to get a win , not hoping to avoid defeat.

win more games.

First of all GREAT RESULT :smile:

But I think it is now clear what the problem with Levein is and what he is doing wrong. Before Hammondo scored we were playing alright but not brilliantly, as soon as Hammond scored we had a great lift. And the adrenaline rush saw our game pick up and we throughly deserved to win.

But if you notice, I think Levein's problem is that he cannot motivate players very well. I think we motivated ourselves by getting the goal. Same against Sheff UTD, we got the goals which gave everyone confidence, which made them play well.

But what annoys me most is that like today and when we played against Sheff UTD, we have proved that we DO HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM, its just that we play crap. :whistle: And it really frustrates me that we don't play like it most of the time.

Hopefully we can take this performance into the next game and WIN (remember that? WIN?) But look at the results after the win at Watford and Sheffield United, we played rubbish.

BUT COME ON LEICESTER LET THIS GAME BE THE KICK UP ARSES! :P

:scarf::banana::bounce::yahoo:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

This what I was basically saying before the match no-one seemed to agree.

The fans pay there money to be entertained, The players entertain the crowd, The fans then repay that be cheering, chanting, making a great atmosphere(What the Walkers Stadium is clearly lacking) the good atmosphere rubs off onto the players, the players play better get lots of support, and hopefully score goals.

...It should work in theory anyway, and it worked tonight. This is what we need, The fans need to be encouranged by the players, then its down to fans to encourage the players!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

This what I was basically saying before the match no-one seemed to agree.

The fans pay there money to be entertained, The players entertain the crowd, The fans then repay that be cheering, chanting, making a great atmosphere(What the Walkers Stadium is clearly lacking) the good atmosphere rubs off onto the players, the players play better get lots of support, and hopefully score goals.

...It should work in theory anyway, and it worked tonight. This is what we need, The fans need to be encouranged by the players, then its down to fans to encourage the players!

precisely this is what we need every game i believe in miracles

I think it all depends on what starts to happen in the league. We've seen it before where we've had good wins against Watford and Sheff Utd but it goes to pot again after. He needs to keep that consistancy going. I hope to see the 4-4-2 that Levein reverted to against spurs with the exact same people in the line up. I guess we'll see next weekend, lets have Sheff Wednesdays pants down!! I'm going for a 3-1 win there... :smile:

I think it all depends on what starts to happen in the league. We've seen it before where we've had good wins against Watford and Sheff Utd but it goes to pot again after. He needs to keep that consistancy going. I hope to see the 4-4-2 that Levein reverted to against spurs with the exact same people in the line up. I guess we'll see next weekend, lets have Sheff Wednesdays pants down!! I'm going for a 3-1 win there... :smile:

Shame we wont have Joey & Smudger. I think Momo's back though :P

I have made no secret of the fact I feel Levein should go but I was really pleased for him tonight. Hammond was very effective but that is not always the case.

De Vries was excellent. Why cant he play like that all the time?

It just all came together tonight. It shows we are capable of winning games but personally I wont read too much into it.

IMO the only thing CL COULD be criticosed for tonight is playing joe hamill and a 4-5-1 but he must also be praised for seeing it wasn't working and changing it.

I think those of you criticising the 4-5-1 formation for tonight's game are missing something. This was by no account a defensive formation and in fact, if anything, was more a 4-3-2-1, with both Hammil and Smith deployed in attacking roles. The plan I assume was for these two players plus Hughes and Williams to feed off De Vries with Gudjonsson picking up anything deeper and it worked quite well against a team fourth in the Premiership.

Also, I would agree with Shen and TornadoShaun, in that the way we came out in the second half is testiment to Levein's motivational skills. The problem we've had previously is a distinct lack of confidence due to playing well but not winning, something that's very difficult to rectify.

The glaring problem for me was Maybury's performance at left-back - we need a solution there.

Ive picked up on this a few times, and most people take no notice.

What is it about cup competitions and CL??? last years FA Cup run orchastrated by Levein including Very good wins at the Madjeski and the Valley, as well as beating blackpool away. Overall the run was the highlight of the season, we went up to Ewood park and played well and were undone by a dodgy penealty descion.

This season, we despatched Bury, Blackpool at home and a inform Cardiff on their own turf and managed to hold Bolton for the 90 mins, at the Reebok in the league cup.

This all before we beat a team gunning for a champions league spot 2night.

You may think its coninsidence I certainly don't, I don't bealive for a second that Hamill would of been replaced after 35 mins if it was a league game. If that approach is differnt, who knows what else is.

There has to be a reason for differnces in reasults between the league and the cup. and im sure it has somthing to do with Levein.

I think those of you criticising the 4-5-1 formation for tonight's game are missing something. This was by no account a defensive formation and in fact, if anything, was more a 4-3-2-1, with both Hammil and Smith deployed in attacking roles. The plan I assume was for these two players plus Hughes and Williams to feed off De Vries with Gudjonsson picking up anything deeper and it worked quite well against a team fourth in the Premiership.

Also, I would agree with Shen and TornadoShaun, in that the way we came out in the second half is testiment to Levein's motivational skills. The problem we've had previously is a distinct lack of confidence due to playing well but not winning, something that's very difficult to rectify.

The glaring problem for me was Maybury's performance at left-back - we need a solution there.

I'm probably noted for comments on the left-back situation but in fairness I think Aaron Lennon would give anyone trouble. He certainly negated him much more in the second half but I don't think any City player would easily have coped. That doesn't mean what you say is wrong. It's just hard to judge whether he's good enough to be our left back against that sort of opponent.

Ive picked up on this a few times, and most people take no notice.

What is it about cup competitions and CL??? last years FA Cup run orchastrated by Levein including Very good wins at the Madjeski and the Valley, as well as beating blackpool away. Overall the run was the highlight of the season, we went up to Ewood park and played well and were undone by a dodgy penealty descion.

This season, we despatched Bury, Blackpool at home and a inform Cardiff on their own turf and managed to hold Bolton for the 90 mins, at the Reebok in the league cup.

This all before we beat a team gunning for a champions league spot 2night.

You may think its coninsidence I certainly don't, I don't bealive for a second that Hamill would of been replaced after 35 mins if it was a league game. If that approach is differnt, who knows what else is.

There has to be a reason for differnces in reasults between the league and the cup. and im sure it has somthing to do with Levein.

Interesting points you make but I have somewhat of a possible answer. With respect to the teams in the lower divisions I think these can be discounted as we would be expected to win them. In terms of beating teams in our division, they're games that could go either way.

It's the matches against Premiership opposition that are the most interesting and I think there is something peculiar about Championship teams meeting those from the Premiership - you just have to look at the many upsets, near upsets and close games that have happened over the last few years, not to mention the fact that most teams relegated from the Premiership tend to struggle.

The simple reason for this is that the football in the Championship tends to be much more ugly and Premiership sides have trouble playing against this, as they are used to sides that play more attractive football. Furthermore, we're a side that plays or trys to play attractive football, so I guess we're more effective against teams that operate on a similar basis ie teams from the Premiership.

I don't think this answers you point in full but I believe there is some truth in it. :thumbup:

I'm probably noted for comments on the left-back situation but in fairness I think Aaron Lennon would give anyone trouble. He certainly negated him much more in the second half but I don't think any City player would easily have coped. That doesn't mean what you say is wrong. It's just hard to judge whether he's good enough to be our left back against that sort of opponent.

Very true. I should have mentioned before that other performances by Maybury in that position have been questionable. He was done very easily when we played Palace for their first goal.

Still, I reckon he needs to work on his play there.

True that... I was feeling a little guilty giving Maybury such a low rating after a while, because on retrospect, Lennon would've been a handful for anybody. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was a late inclusion to the England squad this summer... But Maybury really wasn't of too much use today, it's mainly because of Nissa and McCarthy being solid in the middle that we didn't suffer too much from Lennon's crosses.

We had a bit of luck tonight. I don't think we'd have won if the spuds had started with Defoe instead of that appalling ex-sheep Rasiak.

And they also missed King and Davids badly.

But credit to the FOXES for an astonishing comeback, and well done to all those who made it to the Way!

Who says that stadium has no atmosphere?

Now let's show a bit more of that spirit in the league games!

We had a bit of luck tonight. I don't think we'd have won if the spuds had started with Defoe instead of that appalling ex-sheep Rasiak.

But credit to the FOXES for an astonishing comeback, and well done to all those who made it to the Way!

Starting at Hillsbrough on saturday :D:):P

You always need a little luck in these kinds of games. Kelly's miss was an absolute sitter. Having said that, Defoe was coped with comfortably when he came on...

Archived