Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Who are Leicester's celebrity fans?

Manish*

He used to present and occasionally commentate on Radio Leicester a few years ago, and then went on ITV to do their Soccer Special highlights programme for Nationwide League games.

Lembit Opik Lib Dem MP (patron of that other lost cause, Charles Kennedy). I wonder whether dishy weather girl wifey Sian will be in tow when he next visits The Walkers (2025 possibly)?

Raising the tone of proceedings, high brow literary novelist Julian Barnes once claimed on 'Desert Island Discs' that Leicester winning the FA Cup was his life-long wish (must have been a long time ago that, when the competition meant something).

And then there's that 'Oh No! it's Bill Maynard!', character actor and life-long friend of over-rated humper Frank Worthington.

For the hoi poloi, run-of-the-mill Leicester based snooker player Willie Thorne (and best chum of Gary Lineker, who also likes to get down on the coloured balls) was occasionally spotted in front of a mike down at the old and new Filbo's (OK Gary was there too...)

Knackered, hard drinking marginally successful 70's rock band Family came right of the closet about their love of City. Their compilation album (imaginatively entitled 'Best of Family') depicts the group togged out in Leicester kit in a fantasy match on the cover.

I don't know if Patricia Hewitt has ever claimed allegiance to LCFC. If she ever does and you have the misfortune to live in her Leicester (East?) constituency make sure you vote for anybody but this awful New Labour spinnerette...

Lembit Opik Lib Dem MP (patron of that other lost cause, Charles Kennedy).

:D Isnt it a shame that lembit is more known as a celebrity than for his job. Ive seem him say "im a Leicester city fan, for my sins". Never a true word spoken by a dedicated follwer :whistle:

Archived