Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Has Levein failed as Leicester City manager?

IMO, Levein has done well on most counts, such as trimming the wage bill considerably, bringing in more youth, lowering the average age of the squad and blooding in more players from the youth team.

Unfortunately, he has failed in what is the most important aspect in football and that is results.

This is a results business and at the end of the day, that is all that counts.

I think he would be excellent working alongside another manager because Levein is great at signing players, bringing in youth etc, but then another manager could do the match day tactics, player selections etc.

Would be a dream world..... :)

Yes he has.

such as trimming the wage bill considerably

He was required to do this. Don't give him any credit for that. We still have the 5th highest wage budget in the division.

bringing in more youth, lowering the average age of the squad

He's introduced the likes of Stearman and Sheehan in to his first team plans, and Wesolowski was about to make a breakthrough until his fatal injury, so to an extent I agree with that statement.

However, with regards to the average age of the squad, he certainly has done that. But at the expense of obtaining results. We have very little experience in the squad, and very few leaders. It seems that Adams and Levein weren't capable of striking a balance between youth and experience.

After more than 14 months in to the job, he still doesn't know his best XI. We haven't won more than 2 consecutive game all season in the league, and we've won just once away in 2005.

If matters were so simple, I'd give him the boot.

I think he would be excellent working alongside another manager because Levein is great at signing players, bringing in youth etc, but then another manager could do the match day tactics, player selections etc.

Would be a dream world..... :)

I wouldnt say he's great at signing players. Only about half of them seem to be worthwhile.

One thing I would shy away from is pinning blame to anyone person in the sense that it allows the players to escape the blame. The fact is, many of those players are underperforming and should take a long hard look at themselves.

I agree. But by the same token, Levein purchased a number of these players and manages them. You have to question why we can play so well against a top 4 Premiership team, then lose like a bunch of wimps against a poor Sheffield Wednesday side.

I agree. But by the same token, Levein purchased a number of these players and manages them. You have to question why we can play so well against a top 4 Premiership team, then lose like a bunch of wimps against a poor Sheffield Wednesday side.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. Levein is currently failing big time. Not even a little bit, but more on a par with say the Bay of Pigs or the building of the Maginot Line.

The point I am trying to get across is that the players must share this failure because they are failing to raise their game. A manager does so much. When they step onto the pitch, every player must have a sense of pride. Surely it must be stinging after the manner of the defeat on Saturday. If not, I don't want them ever pulling on a blue shirt again, no matter how much ability they have.

Complete and utter failure. No question.

As for players being responsible, the nature of football is that the manager gets a hell of a lot of credit when things are going well, but also suffers most of the criticism when things go badly. It's like any business in that sense - the boss always gets the credit for doing a good job (rather than the lowly employees who do all the hard work).

As for players being responsible, the nature of football is that the manager gets a hell of a lot of credit when things are going well, but also suffers most of the criticism when things go badly. It's like any business in that sense - the boss always gets the credit for doing a good job (rather than the lowly employees who do all the hard work).

You are right.

However, I feel that us city fans have always recognised and credited those players who perform. The fact that we do not have one individual song for any of the players speaks volumes.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. Levein is currently failing big time. Not even a little bit, but more on a par with say the Bay of Pigs or the building of the Maginot Line.

The point I am trying to get across is that the players must share this failure because they are failing to raise their game. A manager does so much. When they step onto the pitch, every player must have a sense of pride. Surely it must be stinging after the manner of the defeat on Saturday. If not, I don't want them ever pulling on a blue shirt again, no matter how much ability they have.

For what it's worth, I posted ages ago that the team plays with fear and was shot down for saying it. It is the manager who is cluttering their heads with something. They dare not move for fear of doing wrong in his eyes. A bit like the Long John Silver XI. Loosen the shackles of over management and I suspect you may see an instant improvement.

Levien is a failure!!! I'm still sitting on the fence regarding the players he has signed, they have been very inconsistent and leicester best player is on loan (Smith)! He's cut the wage bill but our budget is still in the top 6 for this division.

I think Levien's biggest problem is motivation, the players only seem motivated for the big games, so I would say Levien hasn't got the ability to motivate his team and that is a major failure as a manager. Tactically he is enept and bemuses me with the players he selects and substitutes but hey i'm no expert!!

We are the worst Leicester team I have seen in 20 years for that I blame Levien and the board!!

It was a tough call, atleast under Peter Taylor we played in a better division against alot better teams, you can't really say that in this division!!

I think Taylor and his team would of gone back up.

Archived