Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
beloveddeparted

Craig Levein Sacked?

If the manager does go, it will be because of dwindling attendances and the prospect of League One football. Fan pressure is just ignored by the board and the management.

Levein's tenure seems quite secure now, which is incredible when you look at where we are. The board have taken the decision to support the manager and hope that results magically improve. The fans wanted the opposite approach, to cut Levein away as soon as possible and give his replacement the maximum amount of time to turn things around.

Like I said, two different worlds. If results change then the board's approach will be vindicated, if they don't change we will be relegated and fundamental changes must be made to the way the club is run.

Well would you spend £500k on getting rid of a manager unless you had to? I know it's become clear to the fans that something needs to be done and that Levein isn;t the right man for the job but a board is going to back their manager for a certain period of time because a) they appointed them in the first place and b) because getting rid of managers doesn't guarantee success, it also costs alot of money which is quite scarce at our club.

Well would you spend £500k on getting rid of a manager unless you had to? I know it's become clear to the fans that something needs to be done and that Levein isn;t the right man for the job but a board is going to back their manager for a certain period of time because a) they appointed them in the first place and b) because getting rid of managers doesn't guarantee success, it also costs alot of money which is quite scarce at our club.

Saving that £500k may be the most expensive mistake the club ever made (yes, even worse than Ade). When that decision leads to relegation the club will lose a lot more than half a million from reduced season ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money, televison revenue, replica shirt sales, income from the club "superstore", gate receipts etc and so on.

When we go down, the board should be held responsible.

Saving that £500k may be the most expensive mistake the club ever made (yes, even worse than Ade). When that decision leads to relegation the club will lose a lot more than half a million from reduced season ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money, televison revenue, replica shirt sales, income from the club "superstore", gate receipts etc and so on.

I agree with you there.

If they sack Levein (£500K) and we still go down should the board still be held responsible?

Not being funny, a serious question

If they sack Levein (£500K) and we still go down should the board still be held responsible?

If they Sack Him he is entitled to no compensation..... surely.

The board need to act in the best interests of the shareholders and the fans, not in the best interests of the manager.

As a man mentioned last night, we can change the board/manager/players etc but the fans only have one club. (unless your manure utd)

Yes, they'd of appointed the wrong person. We could appoint a "motivator type" manager as a stand in until the end of the season.

Our squad has the talent, we just lack the motivation.

Tough one, I don't think i would, but it depends on how fast they act and of course who they choose to replace him.

If they Sack Him he is entitled to no compensation..... surely.

The board need to act in the best interests of the shareholders and the fans, not in the best interests of the manager.

As a man mentioned last night, we can change the board/manager/players etc but the fans only have one club. (unless your manure utd)

If there is a clause inserted in to his contract which states he's entitled to compensation, then we have no choice in the matter.

If there is a clause inserted in to his contract which states he's entitled to compensation, then we have no choice in the matter.

If you cancel a contract before it has finished the other party is perfectly within their rights to claim compensation, just try cancelling your sky or mobile phone contracts within the agreed term and see what happens. CL has a 3 year contract and would be within his rights to claim the balance of the contract back if he is sacked (about 2 years wages), the club could try to negotiate a fee for him to go, however if CL went straight into another job this could be used to argue he hadn't lost out because his contract was cancelled but who's going to be stupid enough to give him a job if we sack him?

But what if we did this and stayed up?

Surely we would have saved a hell of a lot more money :cool:

It's a gamble really, i think the board have a stand in ready before they can decide on CL's fate?

If it were my choice id'e get rid of him, there's no other option. :devil:

Also we need a new boss BEFORE the end of january, or else i don't think we'll see much difference becasue it'l be the same team, the only difference being, they SHOULD have more confidence!

CHunx

Just heard from somebody I know who works behind the scenes at the Walkers that a behind closed doors meeting is being held tonight with a press conference at 10.45 tomorrow.

He belives that it is to sack craig levein.

But I think it may be to announce what he has to do to stay at the club. either way it looks bleak whatever the outcome.

whatever mate,just another bullshit rumour. also using the usual story,"i know someone who works at the club..." grow up + come back with something sensible to say. i wish it was true though.

I can't give a definite 'yes' or 'no' answer. If the board gave the fans more of a say in how the club was run then I think people will be more inclined to give them a break.

We are in the position we are in because of the board's patronising attitude to supporters. This needs to change (and it does seem to be changing. I'll bet Tim Davies has had more contact with fans over the past few weeks than he had for all the rest of his reign) if the club wantsto move forward.

Craig Levein will be at Leicester at the end of the season.

I don't doubt that for one minute.

Why would the board give him money if they didn't back him??

Maybe this is part of his 3 year plan.

If, just if we stay up who knows? We might actually push for a play off position next season. you can't doubt the talent we have at this club. Okay so we all have our opinions on what he should have done tactically in games.

Levein is a man still learning his trade. If he does turn it around we've got to stand by him.

Remember, things always get worse before they get better.

Maybe we are just in that transition period.

We must rise from the ashes like the phoenix.

Craig Levein will be at Leicester at the end of the season.

I don't doubt that for one minute.

Why would the board give him money if they didn't back him??

Maybe this is part of his 3 year plan.

If, just if we stay up who knows? We might actually push for a play off position next season. you can't doubt the talent we have at this club. Okay so we all have our opinions on what he should have done tactically in games.

Levein is a man still learning his trade. If he does turn it around we've got to stand by him.

Remember, things always get worse before they get better.

Maybe we are just in that transition period.

We must rise from the ashes like the phoenix.

It's unlikely the club will get rid of Levein, I agree.

It's a huge gamble. A lot is being risked.

I'm not 100% sure that the board know what they're doing.

Time will tell whether they are brave visionaries or incompetent fools.

The £500,000 grand compo is easily sorted. Sack Levein and a list of odds for our next manager will appear at the bookies. Somewhere on that list will be Gazza at 125-1. A bright spark at the club (if they can find one) will put £10,000 on Gazza. The club appoint him for a month and bung him £250,000 for his troubles, pay off Levein and have £500,000 left in the kitty for players. Simple.

The £500,000 grand compo is easily sorted. Sack Levein and a list of odds for our next manager will appear at the bookies. Somewhere on that list will be Gazza at 125-1. A bright spark at the club (if they can find one) will put £10,000 on Gazza. The club appoint him for a month and bung him £250,000 for his troubles, pay off Levein and have £500,000 left in the kitty for players. Simple.

Is that what Kettering did? ;)

sadly I agree that I cannot see him been sacked.

I have come to the conclusion this board is simply set on balancing the books and is melded to the current manager, the board seems detached from the fans and the lack of voice from the foxes trust over the last month or so seems to show this.

The only way craig would be leaving the club prematurely is either a big fan protest at a game or outside the ground. Or if we relegated.

Archived