Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Player ratings vs Cardiff....

Douglas - 5

Maybury - 5

McCarthy - 7

Johansson - 5

Steaman - 8

Smith - 5

Kisnorbo - 3

Williams - 4

Hughes - 4

Not helped by the fact the midfield was non existent today, thanks to this man playing..

De Vries - 5 - Held the ball up better than usual and had a couple of half decent efforts, BUT on both occasions he should have passed to Fryatt. Get him OUT, we change the way we play completely and make him the focal point, it hasn't worked today and never will work on a consistant basis. OUT.

Fryatt - 5 - Had some good chances, thought he should have finished one of them. Not quick, which led in hoofball all game. Play him with either Hume/Hammond/O'Grady.

Subs

Hume - 5 - Did nothing of note, Levein left it too late to make the change.

Wesolowski - 7 - Best moment of the match seeing him come back :D Did his best to rally everyone, must start against Plymouth, whoever is manager.

Hammond - 5 - Did nothing of note.

Douglas - No chance with the goals, didnt really have much else to do - 6

Maybury - He was woeful today. Caught out of position for their first - 2

McCarthy - Distinctly average - 5

Johansson - I think it was him who didnt offer a resitance to Jerome's header. Even if it wasn't he was still poor - 4

Stearman - Our top man, until the last 20 minutes where he seemd to catch the disease of shitness - 7

Smith - Ineffective, reminded me of Hamill :ph34r: - 4

Kisnorbo - Please pack your bags Kisnorbo, you're no crowd favourite, and he's crap. Although i still believe the people who boo him are tossers. - 3

Williams - Couldn't get into the game, seemed like he didn't give a rats ass - 4

Hughes - Distinctly average - 5

De Vries - Thought he had a good game today, unlucky not to score - 7

Fryatt - Worked hard, only positive of today was his goal, great for him to get one on his home debut - 7

douglas- didnt do much wrong

maybury- poor performace, but he is a RIGHT FOOTED player playing LB. any clues there craig???

nisse- coped with danger well

paddy- could become a leicester legend if he keeps putting in good performances.he makes every tackle as if it would be his last, thats the attitude the rest of the team need.

Stearman- thought he did ok, showed some quality control and crosses.

hughes- tried to get forward, not a winger tho- should play elvis there

williams- drifted in and out, looks class wen he was the ball at his feet.

Smith- does well running at players but his final ball can be poor.

Fryatt- looked lively and showed determination. did his goal cross the line?

De vries- i have no complaints with his performance. brought the ball down well and layed it off. although wen he plays we just lump it up to him. not gunna score goals that way.

Douglas - 7 - generally confident but had no chance with the goals

Maybury - 2 - abysmal. So out of position, so often

McCarthy - 6 - generally solid

Johansson - 5 - Sometimes worrying

Stearman - 6 Sometimes inventive, sometimes frustratiing

Smith - 4 Hates delivering the early ball... when so often it was begging

Kisnorbo - 4- some dreadful balls, but at least committed and making space at times

Williams - 5 - needed too much time, didn't always seem sure on the ball

Hughes - 6- some nice moves at times, but didn't connect much with the rest of the team

De Vries - 7 - fought for everything. If the balls in to him had been better...

Fryatt - 5 - searching for his role, really.

Gods - MDV and Douglas as highest rated. Perhaps there is no hope :o

douglas- didnt do much wrong

maybury- poor performace, but he is a RIGHT FOOTED player playing LB. any clues there craig???

nisse- coped with danger well

paddy- could become a leicester legend if he keeps putting in good performances.he makes every tackle as if it would be his last, thats the attitude the rest of the team need.

Stearman- thought he did ok, showed some quality control and crosses.

hughes- tried to get forward, not a winger tho- should play elvis there

williams- drifted in and out, looks class wen he was the ball at his feet.

Smith- does well running at players but his final ball can be poor.

Fryatt- looked lively and showed determination. did his goal cross the line?

De vries- i have no complaints with his performance. brought the ball down well and layed it off. although wen he plays we just lump it up to him. not gunna score goals that way.

Mayburys two footed.

IMO credit can only go to McCarthy, Stearman and Fryatt today.

Me too although I would add De Vries to that, Although 95% of you may think he was crap I didn't, he held the ball well, passed well and was unlucky in front of goal a few time. If any spark had come from the midfield today we could of scored more then one.

Me too although I would add De Vries to that, Although 95% of you may think he was crap I didn't, he held the ball well, passed well and was unlucky in front of goal a few time. If any spark had come from the midfield today we could of scored more then one.

Yeah i suppose you are right, De Vries will be added!!

Douglas - 5

Maybury - 3

McCarthy - 7

Johansson - 3

Steaman - 7

Smith - 4

Kisnorbo - 4

Williams - 5

Hughes - 5

De Vries - 6

Fryatt - 7

Douglas - 6 - not too bad, no chance with either goal.

Stearman - 5 - OK until last 20 minutes, then started choking.

McCarthy - 7 - committed performance, took time to acknowledge fans at end.

Johansson - 4 - shockingly poor, needs a spell in reserves to regain form and confidence.

Maybury - 4 - nightmare, along with too many others.

Hughes - 5 - some good touches but again drifted out of game too much.

Kisnorbo - 5 - not great, but wasn't the worst by any means, and didn't deserve the vile abuse from the Kop.

Williams - 3 - went missing AGAIN for the second match running. Get rid now! :angry::angry::angry:

Smith - 4 - bad mistake for first goal, worst game to date for us.

MDV - 4 - played like a poor man's Trevor Benjamin

Fryatt - 6 - sharp first half, faded in the second.

Subs didn't have anywhere near enough time to change anything.

CL - 1 - even by his dismal standards he was tactically inept today. It's happened too often. See comment above on Williams!

Douglas - 6 - not too bad, no chance with either goal.

Stearman - 5 - OK until last 20 minutes, then started choking.

McCarthy - 7 - committed performance, took time to acknowledge fans at end.

Johansson - 4 - shockingly poor, needs a spell in reserves to regain form and confidence.

Maybury - 4 - nightmare, along with too many others.

Hughes - 5 - some good touches but again drifted out of game too much.

Kisnorbo - 5 - not great, but wasn't the worst by any means, and didn't deserve the vile abuse from the Kop.

Williams - 3 - went missing AGAIN for the second match running. Get rid now! :angry::angry::angry:

Smith - 4 - bad mistake for first goal, worst game to date for us.

MDV - 4 - played like a poor man's Trevor Benjamin

Fryatt - 6 - sharp first half, faded in the second.

Subs didn't have anywhere near enough time to change anything.

CL - 1 - even by his dismal standards he was tactically inept today. It's happened too often. See comment above on Williams!

Is that a complement :P

You obviously didn't go down today then!

Yeah I did he had a half decent game compared to the rest of them, held the ball up well and knocked it around nicely, although no doubt people like you will get on his back just for the sole reason that he is Mark De Vries.

Yeah I did he had a half decent game compared to the rest of them, held the ball up well and knocked it around nicely, although no doubt people like you will get on his back just for the sole reason that he is Mark De Vries.

I agree, MDV did his job well enough today.

The problem is that with him on the pitch we become too predictable, hence, easy to defend. The long ball also compacts the midfield and defence making it impossible to play through them. Time and time again we've seen this happen this season.

It's time for Hammond to go our on the right wing, get Hughes and Williams in midfield, get Hume and Fryatt up front and start playing through the middle of the pitch instead of playing over the top of it. We've got to be lest hasty in getting the ball forward, play the ball around the back a bit, pull the opposition midfield toward us a little, stretch the opposition and create spaces between their midfield and defence. This will allow our midfield to do what they do best allow us to take advantage of the pace of our forwards and wingers.

Why can't CL see this? The times we've played without MDV up front have been the times where we've looked the most threatening, where we've played the best football.

Archived