Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Player ratings vs Cardiff....

Yeah I did he had a half decent game compared to the rest of them, held the ball up well and knocked it around nicely, although no doubt people like you will get on his back just for the sole reason that he is Mark De Vries.

And look how many attacks broke down because he either lost the ball in the air or couldn't control it when it came to him on the ground.

I've seen milk turn quicker than he did today. He must be among the slowest players in the division!

The fact that he hasn't scored a league goal for THREE months shows his true ability.

The memory of his TV performance won't be enough to keep us up!

rab 6 couldnt do anything more for either goal, well taken powerful header and a perfectly placed free kick

stearman 7 his usual self, worth a try on the right wing? he can cross a ball atleast

paddy mac 6 did well enough

nils as paddy mac, was never a free kick either

maybury 4 allowed their right winger FAR to much space to cross for their 1st, gave the ball away to often

hughes 5 ineffective

kisnorbo 3, if he plays he MUST play as the holding man, too many times he was ahead of williams

williams 6 some good battling, not afraid to shoot

smith 4 worst game he's had here, needs to be back to normal come tuesday

mdv 5 some good touches but drewlled too much

fryatt 7 scored had some good runs, should of scored when 1-on-1

subs

levein doesnt give them enough time to settle in and impact the game

douglas..........4

maybury........4

nissa.............4.5

paddymac......7

stearman.......6

smith............4

kismet..........2

williams........4.5

hughes.........4

mdv.............4

fryatt...........5.5

subs were not on for long enough to really get into the game.

douglas 6 couldnt really fault him

stearman 7 didnt do owt wrong, showed composure, a cool character. If theres one good thing about this season, its the emergence of some good youngsters coming into the team, especially this lad.

macarthy 6 lost his composure slightly after the first goal, but relatively solid elsewhere.

johanson 6 pretty much the same.

maybury 6 for someone playing OUT OF POSITION, he handled himself rather well, and shrugged off the disgusting jeers showing leadership like qualities (shame on you idiots that booed him).

hughes 5 in n out, no passion, no desire, lightweight today.

kisnorbo 1 hes better on the bench!!

williams 2 looks like a lost schoolboy, no passion, no desire, no commitment, no wonder we lost with him n kiso in the centre, utter management disgrace.

smith 5 worst game for city, but that was due to the others more than his ability, he thrives on a confident team

deep freeze 6 i thought he did ok, the problem for him was cardiff`s ability to suss his game plan, which took 20 mins...

fryatt 6 did well considering the support was near abismal, scored on home debut, a goal-getter for sure.

weso 7 enlightened our last 15 mins....as one fan described it "jesus has arisen, hail jesus, son of god".

hume 5 must start ahead of deep freeze.

Hammond 4 when you consider we`d lost the plot by then, what could he do?

levein 2 lost the f-in plot now. How can he possibly think kiso, deep freeze and williams are any good :rolleyes: SWALLOW YOUR F-IN PRIDE YOU DIP SHIT, THIS IS LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, IT MIGHT NOT MEAN MUCH TO YOUR SCOTTISH ROOTS, BUT WEVE NEVER EVER BEEN IN DIVISION THREE, STOP PLAYING RUBBISH PLAYERS COS YOU BROUGHT THEM HERE, WE CANT WIN THAT WAY.

Once we`d conceeded, the players lost all confidence in themselves, eachother, craig, the groundsman, birch, stewards, dinner ladies and the FANS had too!!

FIVE straight defeats, 2points from 27, 5 points from 30, whatever, craig has had long enough now, i dont think i can support him anymore.

Rab - 6 - Did not have too much to do to be honest. The goals were of a very high quality (credit to Cardiff) so it would be unfair to blame him completely for them.

Stearman - 8 - If only the rest of the team had his composure and technique. His slight frame belies his growing stature at the club.

McCarthy - 7 - Saved a probable 3rd goal in the second half. Had a tough time coping with the ridiculously speedy Cardiff forwards but managed well. Nice of him to applaud the fans at the end as well as NEJ.

Johanson - 5 - The aforementioned pace of the Cardiff forwards really hurt NEJ. His lack of pace was exposed repeatedly. This weakness along with Maybury was taken advantage of by Cardiff by their constant counter-attacks.

Maybury - 5 - He was also exposed through his lack of pace at times. Too many attacks this season have been coming from his patch of grass this season.

Kisnorbo - 4 - I felt pity for a grown man. It's not nice to say that but I think this sentiment was shared by many throughout the ground. He looked completely out of his depth. I think the cheers when he left the pitch were uncalled for but it was a mass release of frustration epitomised by his school-boy chasing of the ball and general cluelessness. It seemed at times he was single-handedly breaking down our attacks rather than the oppositions.

Williams - 4 - I did not realise he was even on the pitch until half-time. We know his ability yet he refuses to flaunt it. For that reason I believe he was our worst performer. At least we can say Kisnorbo lacks talent. This lad has plenty of it yet out of arrogance or apathy has decided his skills are best kept to himself - or maybe for another club altogether.

Hughes - 6 - Although out of position (like Kisnorbo) he along with Ryan seemed to be the only visible signs of a Leicester City midfield. His strength may not lie in being an accomplished right winger, but he played his game with a tad more urgency than many others. Many of the good things today involved him. However as a winger he really needs to get more attacking crosses in.

Smith - 6 - I didn't think his performance was as bad as many people say. Again along with Hughes seemed like the only visible midfield. Tried to attack each time he had the ball. I think his confidence has waned somewhat understandably and as a result seems less willing to take players on like we are accustomed to now. He really does need to work on his crossing to take his game up a level. Too many attacks resulted in Smith dropping dud crosses in to the opposition goalkeepers arms.

De Vries - 5 - I don't think I have ever seen a forward with his back to goal as often as this man. Credit must be given to his effort. He did try throughout the game to score, however, along with Kisnorbo, it seemed his presence on the field did more harm than good. The long ball game is definitely not his speciality especially because of his habit of letting the ball drop low enough to chest down or rather skilfully to another player.

Fryatt - 7 - Brilliant debut. Did everything right in my opinion today. Was not helped by players that were too slow around him.

SUBS:

Wesolowski - 7 - Just for recovering so quickly! Importantly, just being on the field for those few minutes showed his ball control and awareness was something quite above that of Kisnorbo.

Hammond - 5 - Not enough time to do much, displayed his usual energetic runs which was sorely missing by that point.

Hume - 5 - Not enough time. Did add some urgency and energy along with Hammond.

----

Koumas - 7 - Top freekick. Maybe our lot should watch the video until they learn to do something similar.

Doulgas - 6

Kicking is still atrocious and at fault for the second goal. Granted, it was a good strike by Koumas, but Douglas was covering that side.

Stearman - 5

Well below his usual standards. Played a number of direct balls towards de Vries (under the managers instructions though) but he also gave the ball away a lot as well.

McCarthy - 6

Beaten by Jerome for the header, but that wasn't helped by the lead up to the goal. Generally solid again.

Johansson - 6

Can't really remember him putting a foot wrong, but just like the rest of the team, encouraged to hoof towards de Vries.

Maybury - 4

More at fault for the first goal than McCarthy as he failed to realise Ardley was wide right when we attempted to counter attack. Didn't offer any sort of attacking option down the left. Just your typical Maybury performance. (Albeit out of position)

Hughes - 4

Not very effective. Like Maybury, playing out of position so you don't get the best out of him.

Williams - 4

Played some good passes in the first half, but remained anonymous for large parts of the game.

Kisnorbo - 3

Won a few tackles in the first half. That's about all he did.

Smith - 4

Perhaps his worst game for us. He's seemed to have lost his confidence because he was reluctant to take on players and get crosses in. Some of his passing/crossing was awful too.

de Vries - 5

Lively in the first half, less so in the second half when the ball was continually being lumped up to his head. He can be useful at times, but he's holding us back. He takes him an age to have a shot on goal.

Fryatt - 6

Could have scored 3 on another day. Showed some nice touches and tried to get involved, but often crowded out.

The only sub that is worth a mention was Weso - you can see just from 15 minutes worth of action that Kisnorbo isn't a patch on him. Aggressive, assured and talented.

Doulgas - 6

Kicking is still atrocious and at fault for the second goal. Granted, it was a good strike by Koumas, but Douglas was covering that side.

Stearman - 5

Well below his usual standards. Played a number of direct balls towards de Vries (under the managers instructions though) but he also gave the ball away a lot as well.

McCarthy - 6

Beaten by Jerome for the header, but that wasn't helped by the lead up to the goal. Generally solid again.

Johansson - 6

Can't really remember him putting a foot wrong, but just like the rest of the team, encouraged to hoof towards de Vries.

Maybury - 4

More at fault for the first goal than McCarthy as he failed to realise Ardley was wide right when we attempted to counter attack. Didn't offer any sort of attacking option down the left. Just your typical Maybury performance. (Albeit out of position)

Hughes - 4

Not very effective. Like Maybury, playing out of position so you don't get the best out of him.

Williams - 4

Played some good passes in the first half, but remained anonymous for large parts of the game.

Kisnorbo - 3

Won a few tackles in the first half. That's about all he did.

Smith - 4

Perhaps his worst game for us. He's seemed to have lost his confidence because he was reluctant to take on players and get crosses in. Some of his passing/crossing was awful too.

de Vries - 5

Lively in the first half, less so in the second half when the ball was continually being lumped up to his head. He can be useful at times, but he's holding us back. He takes him an age to have a shot on goal.

Fryatt - 6

Could have scored 3 on another day. Showed some nice touches and tried to get involved, but often crowded out.

The only sub that is worth a mention was Weso - you can see just from 15 minutes worth of action that Kisnorbo isn't a patch on him. Aggressive, assured and talented.

very true

Douglas 5 - Might not of had a chance with either goal, but it appears he doesn't every week. Good goalies keep teams in matches however crap they are. Douglas doesn't.

Stearman 7 - Mr reliable at the back, I feel sorry for the lad but he'll have the chance to get out of this sinking ship in the summer and good luck to him. Some great tackling and surging runs.

McCarthy 7 - Felt sorry for this lad aswell, deserves better than the shite the majority of the team serve up each week. If we are somehow going to stay up, he will be crucial for the cause.

Nissa 5 - Flatters to decieve. Gave away a needless free-kick for Koumas's ripper. Lacks pace and isn't commanding enough. Purse isn't quick either but he dictates play from the back, Nissa ='s crap.

Maybury 3 - Another willy puller, massively under-achieving. Obviously doesn't want to be here and I think we should put him in the kiosks instead of those foreign refugee's they've got on the grill. Took me 5 minutes to explain to the lad I wanted 2 pints of lager, not that confusing is it?

Hughes 4 - Piss poor. Another one who flatters to decieve half the time. Might not be a winger but atleast play with some convistion. His shooting was horrific, his passing wasn't much better. We need a new winger/s.

Williams 5 - Abit better than Hughes, tried to get a foot on the ball and play football instead of air hockey. Never gonna hurt the opposition though is he?

Kisnorbo 3 - Deserves the boo's, granted he's not a nasty man but he's shit and something needs to be done. CRAAAP

Smith 4 - Had a shocking game and has lost his sparkle. I thought he might be able to re-ignite us but he's lost confidence and seems timid.

de Vries 6 - He's a greedy bastard and crap in the air and at shooting but he causes problems to both teams, it's a shame he doesn't pass as soon as he's contolled the ball.

Fryatt 7 - I like him. Doesn't **** about, knows where to be when the ball comes in. Small chance he could get us 7 or 8 more goals which might, just might help?

Subs:

20 mins too late.

Maybury 3 - Kisnorbo 3

I know your upset, but kiso was as good as maybury? :unsure:

Another willy puller, massively under-achieving.

HES PLAYING OUT OF POSITION. What did he do wrong?

Obviously doesn't want to be here

Maybury`s one a very few that have hunger and desire, someone who cares, hes desperate for us to do well.

I think we should put him in the kiosks instead of those foreign refugee's

Theres no need to be racist!!

Took me 5 minutes to explain to the lad I wanted 2 pints of lager, not that confusing is it?

Yes but you have to ask when your not bladdered ;):D

I know your upset, but kiso was as good as maybury? :unsure:

HES PLAYING OUT OF POSITION. What did he do wrong?

Maybury`s one a very few that have hunger and desire, someone who cares, hes desperate for us to do well.

Theres no need to be racist!!

Yes but you have to ask when your not bladdered ;):D

No need to be racist? I never knew the word refugee was racist? Apologies if it is, I just felt it was another example of how bad the club is run. Employing staff who cannot speak any english or have any basic numeracy/handling money skills. If that's racist then sue me.

As for Maybury he's shown this season that he's not up for the fight. He threw his dummy out of his pram when Levein refused his chance to go to the premiership and although he's been playing out of position he's still been poor. Last season he was excellent, so why isn't he performing that way this season, even once or twice would be nice. Stearman is playing out of position and still puts in good displays, shows passion for the cause. Maybury looks dis-interested and his distribution is attrocious. All from a man who you want to play out of position in midfield but then offer the excuse that the reason he's been crap recently is because he's playing out of position at left back. Very odd.

No need to be racist? I never knew the word refugee was racist? Apologies if it is, I just felt it was another example of how bad the club is run. Employing staff who cannot speak any english or have any basic numeracy/handling money skills. If that's racist then sue me.

As for Maybury he's shown this season that he's not up for the fight. He threw his dummy out of his pram when Levein refused his chance to go to the premiership and although he's been playing out of position he's still been poor. Last season he was excellent, so why isn't he performing that way this season, even once or twice would be nice. Stearman is playing out of position and still puts in good displays, shows passion for the cause. Maybury looks dis-interested and his distribution is attrocious. All from a man who you want to play out of position in midfield but then offer the excuse that the reason he's been crap recently is because he's playing out of position at left back. Very odd.

When did this happen? who wanted him? sorry if everyone knows about this but please tell.

Douglas - 5 - should have saved the free kick.

Stearman - 5

Johansson - 6

McCarthy - 6

Maybury - 3 - Shockingly bad.

Hughes - 5

Williams - 5

Kisnorbo - 4

Smith - 4 - Pass to the blue ones.

Fryatt - 7

de Vries - 6

Suns:

Wesolowski - 8 - encouraged more than anyone (even when not on the pitch) and even though wasn't on for long looked very classy and very up for it. Starting 11 for Plymouth please with Joey.

Hume and Hammond - did nowt.

No need to be racist? I never knew the word refugee was racist? Apologies if it is, I just felt it was another example of how bad the club is run. Employing staff who cannot speak any english or have any basic numeracy/handling money skills.

:rolleyes:

If that's racist then sue me.

You just sound pizzed off to me, and why shouldnt you.

As for Maybury he's shown this season that he's not up for the fight.

Alot of our fans feel like that when were in a stupid POSITION.

He threw his dummy out of his pram when Levein refused his chance to go to the premiership

First ive heard of that Ric.

and although he's been playing out of position he's still been poor.

Its difficult when your up against it, be like asking a taxi driver to drive backwards or on the other side :P

Last season he was excellent

Very true, lets put him back at RB, so he can regain that excellent form, oh, but what about stearman, well what we could do is USE both their qualities properly...maybury for HR.

Stearman is playing out of position and still puts in good displays, shows passion for the cause.

Hes a natural RB, who can play CB, not the other way round.

Maybury looks dis-interested and his distribution is attrocious.

Imagine being a taxi driver trying to earn a crust driving backwards, you`d lose interest hey lol

All from a man who you want to play out of position in midfield but then offer the excuse that the reason he's been crap recently is because he's playing out of position at left back. Very odd.

Is maybury`s footing ability more associatted with playing left side, or central? If you say left side, your very odd ;)

And look how many attacks broke down because he either lost the ball in the air or couldn't control it when it came to him on the ground.

I've seen milk turn quicker than he did today. He must be among the slowest players in the division!

The fact that he hasn't scored a league goal for THREE months shows his true ability.

The memory of his TV performance won't be enough to keep us up!

lol

:rolleyes:

You just sound pizzed off to me, and why shouldnt you.

Alot of our fans feel like that when were in a stupid POSITION.

First ive heard of that Ric.

Its difficult when your up against it, be like asking a taxi driver to drive backwards or on the other side :P

Very true, lets put him back at RB, so he can regain that excellent form, oh, but what about stearman, well what we could do is USE both their qualities properly...maybury for HR.

Hes a natural RB, who can play CB, not the other way round.

Imagine being a taxi driver trying to earn a crust driving backwards, you`d lose interest hey lol

Is maybury`s footing ability more associatted with playing left side, or central? If you say left side, your very odd ;)

Stearman isn't a rb back who can play at centre back. It's the other way round, but I will say that there are players that can play just aswell in a number of positions and Stearmans one of them. I just don't think Maybury will be anygood anywhere except at right back. He's not quick enough to adpat to other positions such as left back, where he gets turned too easy on his wrong side.

It was strongly rumoured that both Sunderland and Wigan put offers in for him on transfer deadline day and Levein turned them down. Maybury was annoyed.

Stearman isn't a rb back who can play at centre back. It's the other way round, but I will say that there are players that can play just aswell in a number of positions and Stearmans one of them. I just don't think Maybury will be anygood anywhere except at right back. He's not quick enough to adpat to other positions such as left back, where he gets turned too easy on his wrong side.

It was strongly rumoured that both Sunderland and Wigan put offers in for him on transfer deadline day and Levein turned them down. Maybury was annoyed.

Don't bother arguing, Stearmen a natural RB, I wonder what bollocks is coming next. Maybury cannot play Midfield he's not quick enough for one, and has played full back all his carear for two. Not to mention Lush's new look midfield consists of Maybury and Weso, two defensive minded midfielders, with Hume also in Midfield with Fryatt a loan striker. 4-5-1 great.

Stearman isn't a rb back who can play at centre back. It's the other way round, but I will say that there are players that can play just aswell in a number of positions and Stearmans one of them.

Well hes a much better RB, and we have 3 or 4 to play CB.

I just don't think Maybury will be anygood anywhere except at right back.

Hes certainly not a CB, winger or striker, but he could certainly play the HR, because he has everything our best HR player has got, whoever that is...

Would maybs be better than kiso at HR?

I would doubt that very much, maybury was delighted to join levein down here, and maybs is one of the good guys in the game.

Well hes a much better RB, and we have 3 or 4 to play CB.

Hes certainly not a CB, winger or striker, but he could certainly play the HR, because he has everything our best HR player has got, whoever that is...

Would maybs be better than kiso at HR?

I would doubt that very much, maybury was delighted to join levein down here, and maybs is one of the good guys in the game.

W E S O L O W S K I

Don't bother arguing, Stearmen a natural RB, I wonder what bollocks is coming next. Maybury cannot play Midfield he's not quick enough for one, and has played full back all his carear for two. Not to mention Lush's new look midfield consists of Maybury and Weso, two defensive minded midfielders, with Hume also in Midfield with Fryatt a loan striker. 4-5-1 great.

He is quick enough, quicker than joey. Hume is a striker in my formation, and weso is a central attacking midfielder, it would be insane to ask weso to start a game as a mainly defensive player. Maybs being the only defensive one.

He is quick enough, quicker than joey. Hume is a striker in my formation, and weso is a central attacking midfielder, it would be insane to ask weso to start a game as a mainly defensive player. Maybs being the only defensive one.

Totally insane in Lush world seeing as thats what he is. and in Lush world we dont play players in correct positions do we. He's not quicker then Joey though is he, Maybury is the slowest player in our team ( bar De Vries in Dublin obviosuly ) and he certainly hasn't presented the same passing vission as Joey this season. ( goals V Crewe and Spurs )

thats what he is.

he certainly hasn't presented the same passing vission as Joey this season. ( goals V Crewe and Spurs )

Weso can also play a more midfield non defensive role, and indeed a more attacking role. The fact that you bash me in your argument, shows little credibility for what you say.

Maybury has showed more passion than joey. Passing position, now lets see, maybs OUT OF POSITION, makes it more difficult, joey in his natural position, much easier, and maybs main job is defending, so harder to produce a passing passion, you are a nutter ;)

Archived