Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_fan

Levein Gone

however much you criticise peter reid for his work at leeds and coventry, and that criticism would be warranted to a certain degree,

you cannot take away from him his superb achievement at sunderland, that was sensational management.

Ha ha ha not at all. I'm not negative, I just do not see the point in getting someone who has failed at his last two clubs. It was in difficult circumstances that he failed but that is what we are in currently.

If we have to gamble because we can't afford compo for a manager in form. Then we may as well gamble on people we are already paying. ie. Rob Kelly and Dublin. Not exactly what i'd want but if finances dictate then so be it.

You seem willing to let any old Tom, Dick or Harry have a go at managing us. That is your prerogative, i'd rather we got the best manager possible. Depending upon finances.

Peter Reid wouldn't be my first choice but infinitely better than what we have now. If we had removed Levein months ago we could have attempted to get a Parkinson, Penney, Allen type manager. I now think it's too late for an inexperienced replacement. Reid would fire a few f***s into them if nothing else. Didn't he save Leeds from a similar fate in his short spell there?

Yeah i agree with that.

Myself, i dont think he the man for the job, which is why i always worried sack levein = get who?

I would of liked Gary Mcallister with out dougbt, being linked to the club in history is a bonus to.

however much you criticise peter reid for his work at leeds and coventry, and that criticism would be warranted to a certain degree,

you cannot take away from him his superb achievement at sunderland, that was sensational management.

Out of intrest what is your knowledge of peter reid?

Who me?

I'm open for someone to change my mind on him, certainly has more credentials than Gary Mac that's for sure.

He did save Sunderland in similar conditions to those we are in currently. At Cov he only won 10 of 31 but compared to CL that looks good. Tha trecord could get us 5 or 6 wins from the games we have left.

The Monkey head is on skysports one now!

Sensational management over a six year period which included a relegation. A lesson from a truly "big" club in long term thinking and faith

I don't think anyone is taking that away from him, managers lose it sadly it's a fact. The game is littered with managers who were a success and then did nothing afterwards.

Peter Reid wouldn't be my first choice but infinitely better than what we have now. If we had removed Levein months ago we could have attempted to get a Parkinson, Penney, Allen type manager. I now think it's too late for an inexperienced replacement. Reid would fire a few f***s into them if nothing else. Didn't he save Leeds from a similar fate in his short spell there?

On a contract until the summer I suppose I could live with. Anything more than that.... NO WAY!

Like people have said we can't really do a great deal worse can we!!

Sensational management over a six year period which included a relegation. A lesson from a truly "big" club in long term thinking and faith

do you know where sunderland were when he took over?

then to take them to a 7th place prem finish, and another top 10 or two.

o.k, it went wrong towards the end, but a great achievement for which he deserves respect

mm yeah thats a pretty good record (for sunderland).

Oneil rings bells there

o.k, it went wrong towards the end, but a great achievement for which he deserves respect

And since then he's had to manage two "bankrupt" sides in Leeds and Coventry. His record was bound to be worse under those conditions.

Yes ta, very aware. My missus is a thru and thru Machem

I buy your point......but they didn't bin him when they were relegated. My point is less about Reid, though his limited management skills and reliance on the pub for team bonding were ultimately exposed, and more to do with City's need for a long term view. Are those howling for Levein out those same bods that called for Martin's head after 12 games?

And since then he's had to manage two "bankrupt" sides in Leeds and Coventry. His record was bound to be worse under those conditions.

We aren't exactly flush!! I would think our situation and the one at cov are pretty similar.

whichever you look at it there is one fact you cannot ignore, reid has a better record and cv then levein and is ultimately an improvement which is what we need.

All those who think we should get a manager currently doing well are in dreamland, we missed that chance a month ago.

All those who think we should get a manager currently doing well are in dreamland

So you don't think someone like Dave Penney would come here then? His record in the last 3 seasons has been excellent. After two promotions in two season he may feel he has taken Doncaster as far as he could, I would wager he'd walk here to accept the job if offered.

It's amazing, this quite clearly isn't going to happen as Craig and the Team are ALREADY IN PLYMOUTH

and you lot carry on debating wheather you want that washed up half wit scouser as our manager. :( whats the world coming to

So, everyone is out of the way.... Reidy can come down and have a look around, get interviewed etc! Perfect timing!! :D

What utter bollocks, just remember that Craig made a rumour that we were going to sign Bellion and that went everywhere, this is just one of those lame made up rumours.

You mean we aren't signing Bellion?? I got his name on my bloody shirt as well.

So, everyone is out of the way.... Reidy can come down and have a look around, get interviewed etc! Perfect timing!! :D

:smile:

The point I was making was that the goon that started this rumour said " I will expect a apology tomorrow." Which points towards the fact Reid is being given the job tomorrow. Which he obviously ins't as Levein is in Plymouth and Reid is swanning about on Sky Sports. Despite somebody telling you that Levein's in Plymouth, and this cannot possible be true, you all carry on talking about wheather or not our new manager Peter Reid will be good for the club!!! :mad::o

Whats exactly's gonna happen? "Tell you what Craig your sacked, and were going to announce Peter reid as our new manager, but seeing as your already on the south coast, be a dear and manage the boys one last time"

to be honest i would welcome ANY new manager. lets face facts. we cannot get any worse than we are as were losing every game. id be pleased to see anyone come in and add some new ideas to them, and maybe play people in their correct positions :D

Archived