Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Pro Evolution 4

Rented PES4 out today and it's just amazing, I've been absorbed in it since I got it.

The gameplay is so much better and it was class anyway! Shooting has been improved alot, passing is more fluid (as the whole game is), tackling is alot more realistic, it's faster, editing is alot more detailed (except kits), players look very realistic, Master League is much better...etc etc etc.

The only bad points are that in the editing mode the kits you can choose from are poor, there aren't any that have stripes or hoops. There is abit of stuttering when you cross the ball into box when it's packed with players.

I'm enjoying this game so much, even editing is fun....I've made a near perfect Leicester kit and edited most players in. It's great because most of our squad have call names so no more "number 10" etc even players like Canero, Heath etc have commentry names :)

9.5/10

27153[/snapback]

Thanks for that Ricey - that was a lot more detailed than other comments. I'll have to buy it now!

I got the game yesterday - It's just pure class. :thumbup:

As Ricey said, everything is just so much more fluid than PES3 - Passing, movement, shooting.....

Although I will say the heading is a bit dodgy - Can never seem to get a header on target. :ph34r: Probably just a case of getting more practice, but it seems bloody hard to control where you want to put the header, suppose it's more realistic.... :blink:

Not attempted to edit it yet - Will probably replace one of the promoted teams with us. ;)

I got the game yesterday - It's just pure class.  :thumbup:

As Ricey said, everything is just so much more fluid than PES3 - Passing, movement, shooting.....

Although I will say the heading is a bit dodgy - Can never seem to get a header on target.  :ph34r:  Probably just a case of getting more practice, but it seems bloody hard to control where you want to put the header, suppose it's more realistic.... :blink:

Not attempted to edit it yet - Will probably replace one of the promoted teams with us.  ;)

27233[/snapback]

Edit over PES United or WE United, that's what they are there for :)

I scored a header with Connolly earlier :D It's harder but better I think.

One star definatly. If he has even played it. He has already said he is a fifa fan so he is just trying to make pro look bad probably!

27115[/snapback]

Three stars actually. But why does it matter how many stars you have got on if you are playing another human (i.e. not CPU).

If I was trying to make 'Pro' bad - its probably because it is compared to this years FIFA. I am a FIFA fan, as you said, but if Pro Ev was better than FIFA this year, I would be a Pro Ev fan.

In my opinion Pro Ev has been disappointing because I expected it to be better even though I am a 'Fifa Fan', whereas FIFA has been better than I expected.

And as Scowy says, the heading is definitely a bit dodgy - after playing so many games on it, I haven't scored with a header.

And for some strange reason, you can run on the wings, with the ball definately out of play, but youre still allowed to carry on even though it is definately out!

Although I will say the heading is a bit dodgy - Can never seem to get a header on target.  :ph34r:  Probably just a case of getting more practice, but it seems bloody hard to control where you want to put the header, suppose it's more realistic.... :blink:

27233[/snapback]

I got it today, the only two goals I've scored so far have been with headers.

My first goal was Wayne bridge with a header against France, to put England 1-0 :)

Have you seen the edit mode on the game where you can make new kits with the proper sponsors?

Ive made Arsenal's and Spurs Kits.

And it's also very easy just go in to Edit mode , Edit Team and edit name on strip there then is a little shirt icon in the corner!Press on that nad than edit the nike tick or ect.And then for logo 2 type in Vodafone ect and it will be sorted it is very simple!

26941[/snapback]

Is that on the PS2 version, or only PC?

Have you seen the edit mode on the game where you can make new kits with the proper sponsors?

And it's also very easy just go in to Edit mode , Edit Team and edit name on strip there then is a little shirt icon in the corner!Press on that nad than edit the nike tick or ect.And then for logo 2 type in Vodafone ect and it will be sorted it is very simple!

26941[/snapback]

27474[/snapback]

It's on both versions but on the PC version you can download patches to make all the kits 100% authentic :thumbup:

26941[/snapback]

27474[/snapback]

It's on both versions but on the PC version you can download patches to make all the kits 100% authentic :thumbup:

27479[/snapback]

If only I didn't have a mortgage :(

If only I didn't have a mortgage :(

27482[/snapback]

Sod the mortgage this is PES4 we are talking about! Get your priorities right mate ;)

27485[/snapback]

You are right...What am I thinking :blink: I might be homeless later...but in the mean time I can do some serious damage to my thumbs!! :thumbup:

Does the Republic of Ireland team have Miller, Reed, and Roy Keane in it? Oh, and is Damien Duff any good in this version...in the others he is quite poor! Sorry about the questions...but it gives you a chance to go play the game!

One star definatly. If he has even played it. He has already said he is a fifa fan so he is just trying to make pro look bad probably!

27115[/snapback]

Three <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=stars&v=56">stars</a> actually. But why does it matter how many <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=stars&v=56">stars</a> you have got on if you are playing another human (i.e. not CPU).

If I was trying to make 'Pro' bad - its probably because it is compared to this years FIFA. I am a FIFA fan, as you said, but if Pro Ev was better than FIFA this year, I would be a Pro Ev fan.

In my opinion Pro Ev has been disappointing because I expected it to be better even though I am a 'Fifa Fan', whereas FIFA has been better than I expected.

And as Scowy says, the heading is definitely a bit dodgy - after playing so many <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=games&v=56">games</a> on it, I haven't scored with a header.

And for some strange reason, you can run on the wings, with the ball definately out of play, but youre still allowed to carry on even though it is definately out!

27236[/snapback]

dont know what your on about, i havent seen the ball o off and still carried on, the heading is harder yes but on the other one you used to score a lot of headers with big guys so i spose its a bit more realistic that unless its a powerful player he wont score many headers.

i think its a absolute great game i brought it friday morning and been playing it every since i love it master leagues great how players age and get better etc, class!

27115[/snapback]

Three stars actually. But why does it matter how many stars you have got on if you are playing another human (i.e. not CPU).

And as Scowy says, the heading is definitely a bit dodgy - after playing so many games on it, I haven't scored with a header.

27236[/snapback]

Think about it the rating doesnt stay the same for the keepers all the time does it? If its on 1 star the keepers wont be as good, if its on 5 star they will be amazing. Thats what makes the difference!

You are right...What am I thinking :blink: I might be homeless later...but in the mean time I can do some serious damage to my thumbs!! :thumbup:

Does the Republic of Ireland team have Miller, Reed, and Roy Keane in it?  Oh, and is Damien Duff any good in this version...in the others he is quite poor!  Sorry about the questions...but it gives you a chance to go play the game!

27486[/snapback]

Reid and Roy Keane are definatley in the squad, not sure about Miller but you can put him in there using the ingame editor.

From what I've seen Duff is class and it looks just like him.

I just received PES 4 two days ago. Couldn't play it that often since I'm busy working. But from what I've seen so far, it is absolutely awesome.

The graphics have improved and it won't take long until you believe you're actually watching live football (wait for PES 5 to come out next year lol).

The (partial) official license means you can start an Italian, Spanish or Dutch League game straightaway and enjoy superb matches with existing players fully detailed. Shame Atalanta Bergamo is not in the Serie A (yet) ...

The menues are better, much more visible and attractive to the eye.

The sound annoys me a bit because it seems like there's only one tune.

Gameplay: Fantastic, although I had some problems with defending at the beginning. PES 4 is not that easy any more when it comes to making your defender doing his job...

Editing is the hard part and I just have to get used to the new looks. Will take a long time I assume, but it'll definitely be worth the work.

Anyone knows how to create Leicester's away kit? Couldn't find any of those special strip kits in the editor. And I must change the collar colour as well...

PES 4 rules! And PES 5 will rule even more (a bit early, but I know what I am talking about...:))

I just got PES4 today and I have to agree. I played a 3 star game between England v Portugal and it is a lot harder than PES3. Scoring is more difficult and so is defending. The game ended 0-0 and I lost on pens :(

Anyway, the menus are a lot nicer and quicker to load up. Gameplay is great too, though it's what I've come to expect from the PES series!

My first game was England France on 3*.

Wayne Bridge put my England team ahead with a stooping header, but it all went downhill from there :(

The qualised with a goal mouth scramble, and then Pires managed to put a cross in from the outer corner of the Peno box, angled towards the bottom corner, Terry and Gerrard missed it completely, and Trezeguet slid in at the far post.

But I'm getting the handg of it now.

Although I did score my first own goal yesterday.

Archived