Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

STICK YER MIKE NEWELL UP YER ARSE

I agree with Louise that he has used us for his own benefit. Before even coming for an interview, he would have know if he wanted the job or not, so to waste so much of our time, when frankly before our last 2 wins we were in the SH1T is a disgrace. Everyone knows he isn't hapy at Luton, so obviously some kind of money or contract has been thrown his way by the Luton board helped by Newells neglect to dismiss us as a club he would want to go to. Frankly he has really pi55ed me off, if he had any dignity he would have ruled himself out as soon as he was speculated to come here as he knew if he wanted to come or not.

I only hope the board don't panic and give it to Holloway or someone else merely because we haven't got who we wanted, stick with Kelly, they guy speaks sense and knos what he is doing.

I hope come the end of this season or the end of next Luton are either in the sh1t or we are above them in the league so we can laugh all the way to our 32,500 capacity stadium.

Didn't O'neill turn us down first time we approached him when he was at Wycombe before realising he'd made a mistake taking the Norwich Job. Newell probably didn't fancy it at the present time but if Luton don't go up he may regret turning us down. I agree lets stick with Kelly for now and see what happens at the end of the season.

"No to Holloway - you know it makes sense"

Grasping at straws here, but in the football industry people are always saying one thing and then doing exactly the opposite. Players say that they're staying at a club only to leave the next day, chairmen give managers a vote of confidence and then sack them straight away, and sometimes managers confirm their commitment to their current club and then instantly feck off to another club, so maybe...

If we as fans were in players, managers and directors shoes we would probably do the same thing as them. If you want to be ambitious its no good going for people out of a job, you go for the best people available generally those doing a good job elsewhere. As long you don't do it on the sly and behind peoples backs whats wrong with that. Lets face it if you weren't happy in your job and looking for something better you would look elsewhere before sticking with your own employer if a better deal comes up.

This has all left me feeling very shocked and gutted. I started to believe Newell was on his way and I wanted him so badly, so this is all very disapointing.

I feel betrayed and cheated by him, I don't blame him for staying but he led us on good and proper.

I think you need to get out more, Ricey. Newell doesn't owe us anything.

"This is the modern world", as someone once said. It's standard practice to hedge your bets, look a round for other work, engineer yourself a pay rise if you can - have an idea of your own worth.

Mike Newell is a tw*t. Saying he would have to think about coming to Leicester and then turning it down. (just to get an improved contract at luton)

I cant wait for the away match against Luton coming up soon, when he will realise he should have come to Leicester.

He has been wasting our time for weeks now.

Why didnt he just say he didnt want to come to Leicester in the 1st place! :mad:

No one in their right mind is going to say no to a meeting concerning a possible improvement in their future.

In my experience remuneration is almost never the first thing that is talked about so it makes perfect sense that Leicester would interview him at the first meeting, consider their options and then make an offer at the second.

You can't blame Newell, Leicester were the instigators of this and they didn't impress him enough.

He obviously isn't loyal to Luton since he already made a comment about going like a shot if the Liverpool job was on offer. What we need is manager who wants to be here not one who sees us as a stepping stone to the glamour clubs.

To expand upon my answer. It seems clear to me that Newell, like the other managers we've been linked with, has been using us to get a better deal as his current club. Forget about the fact that some people felt a connection with him as he played for us once, I feel he's treated us quite badly, but its only what to expect from most football people I suppose. The things he's apparently said for turning us down make no sense (he thought it rude not to talk to us - twice? He isn't sure about our league position - why interview at all then? etc.) he's wasted our time and probably alienated other managers who we might want to look at (either they'll think 'oh I'm not first choice I don't want to go' or 'Newell turned them down, there must be something wrong there'). I think he'll regret it in the end, the Luton chairman has made promises before and not kept them and if we stay up this season I think we'll do a lot better next season - at the moment we've got better resources than Luton. I don't mean to sound like some whinging Forest fan 'oh we're a bigger club than you' kind of thing but I do feel that Newell has shown either a nasty streak or a lack of ambition in his decision.

Lets hope the board don't panic now, they still need to make a fairly quick decision. I imagine they have some other back-up options but its going to take time to interview that we don't really have. Stick with Kelly.

Why do they need to make a quick decision? I am starting to think we might be better keeping kelly on for the remainder of the season and then making an appointment in the summer.

My thoughts, some of which have been highlighted by others, but...

1) How do we know he was or wasn't offered the job? If he wasn't, why is everyone blaming the club? Perhaps he didn't impress the board enough, hence the lack of a job offer?

2) Why is it perfectly alright for anyone to look around elsewhere, either with a view to leaving their current job, or to engineer better conditions/contract etc, but in football that's unacceptable?

It doesn't mean I'm happy about things. I'm not, but we don't have all of the facts, and what we do have, people seem to be filling the gaps in themselves, but there are too many different options for any one of those guesses to be correct.

Why do they need to make a quick decision? I am starting to think we might be better keeping kelly on for the remainder of the season and then making an appointment in the summer.

They need to make a quick decision because if things go badly for Kelly over the next couple of games then it's the board's heads people will be calling for if we don't have an alternative lined up. I'm not saying 'don't keep Kelly' I'm saying the board need to decide now what they're going to do.

They need to make a quick decision because if things go badly for Kelly over the next couple of games then it's the board's heads people will be calling for if we don't have an alternative lined up. I'm not saying 'don't keep Kelly' I'm saying the board need to decide now what they're going to do.

Nah everyone knew the situation if craig was to be sacked, then their was pitfalls to the situation and this is one of them. I think the board would have been in more trouble if craig stayed and the results didnt come. If kelly loses a few games which he will at some point, I wont be calling for anyone's head as it wouldnt be a dent on a 14 match winless run.

I say take whatever time is needed to make sure the decision is right, if that means waiting until the summer so be it. There is no point appointing a manager just for the sake of it.

Here's a chant, Don't know what tune, there is a tune ["She'll be coming up the mounting" - I think)

YOU CAN STICK YA MIKE NEWELL UP YOUR ARSE

YOU CAN STICK YA MIKE NEWELL UP YOUR ARSE [uP YOUR ARSE]

YOU CAN STICK YA MIKE NEWELL

STICK YA MIKE NEWELL

STICK YOUR MIKE NEWELL UP YOUR ARSE [uP YOUR ARSE]

AND THE SAVOUR ROB KELLY SAVED CITY

THE SAVOUR ROB KELLY SAVED CITY

THE SAVOUR ROB KELLY

SAVOUR ROB KELLY

SAVOUR ROB KELLY SAVED CITY!

lol It's funny how we all turn on someone when they turn us down.

It's even funnier that as soon as they turn us down, they have a sh*t game!

Cotterill and Burnley's truly inspirational, no-shots-on-goal game.

Mike Newell and his awe inspiring thrashing at the hands of Preston. lol

Chris Sedgwick made it 4-1 from the spot when Luton keeper Marlon Beresford saw red for fouling Mears and Claude Davis added a fifth from close range.
Luton manager Mike Newell on fourth official Steven Cummins:

"I don't want to get myself into more trouble than I'm already in, but I don't see the point in fourth officials because all they ever cause is trouble.

"No-one (managers) ever gets sent off if there's no fourth official. I can't handle arrogance or incompetence from anybody.

"I can't handle it, that's why I lost my temper. I can spot incompetence and arrogance very early.

"The fourth official is incompetent and he can't do his job."

Preston 5 - 1 Luton

Very classy game it seems - keeper and manager sent off, then the manager bitching about an official. :D:thumbup:

Archived