Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

STICK YER MIKE NEWELL UP YER ARSE

In which case Newell should have set his stall in the first interview, let the board know where he stands, what he wants etc or to find out what conditions he was under. I don't think i'd be too happy if i was a Luton fan either, not exactly action of a committed man is it. Tactically and managerially his attributes are higly ranked, but what with the Agents stuff and this sort of dealings i'm starting to see reasons why Newell shouldn't have come here. Not to say i wouldn't have wanted him to come, i would have been delighted had he signed, but the guy seems to be playing around for his own benefit. Can you blame him? no probably not, in the same position i'd take the best offer on the table financially, but as a fan it aint half frustrating.

Absolutely frustrating especially dealing with rumour and conjecture, for example has he had two interviews? Do we actually know this? If he has was the first one a quick are you interested one? I wouldn't have thought they would have needed two indepth interviews, so I suspect yesterday's if it actually happened was the first real in depth, facts on the table one they've had.

Grasping at straws here, but in the football industry people are always saying one thing and then doing exactly the opposite. Players say that they're staying at a club only to leave the next day, chairmen give managers a vote of confidence and then sack them straight away, and sometimes managers confirm their commitment to their current club and then instantly feck off to another club, so maybe...

Yes he had two meetings

I think the thing that angers me the most is not the fact he has rejected us, but the timing of it. As an ex player and from what it seems in that interview, quite considerate for our club, you would have thought under our current position of 3 points above relegation, the guy would let us know if he wants to come or not, and in this case as he doesn't leave us to find the right man. With brighton on saturday and derby Tuesday, the players, rob kelly and mike don't need this, this is one hell of an important period in our history

Yes he had two meetings

I think the thing that angers me the most is not the fact he has rejected us, but the timing of it. As an ex player and from what it seems in that interview, quite considerate for our club, you would have thought under our current position of 3 points above relegation, the guy would let us know if he wants to come or not, and in this case as he doesn't leave us to find the right man. With brighton on saturday and derby Tuesday, the players, rob kelly and mike don't need this, this is one hell of an important period in our history

Sorry to go on, but two meetings means diddly swat, as I said the first could have been just are you interested, end of.

As for the timing well surely that's down to LCFC they timed the sacking of Levein , they would have timed the interviews, so you can hardly put that on the guy.

So on the face it the first meaningful interview was probably yesterday, that's when he would have found out not only what we were offering but also the financial state of LCFC, having heard he's obviously told us, pretty swiftly I think No Thanks. I just can't see what hes' done wrong apart from turning us down.

Sorry to go on, but two meetings means diddly swat, as I said the first could have been just are you interested, end of.

As for the timing well surely that's down to LCFC they timed the sacking of Levein , they would have timed the interviews, so you can hardly put that on the guy.

So on the face it the first meaningful interview was probably yesterday, that's when he would have found out not only what we were offering but also the financial state of LCFC, having heard he's obviously told us, pretty swiftly I think No Thanks. I just can't see what hes' done wrong apart from turning us down.

Your right he turned us down on the basis of what luton offered him and what leicester had offered him. He was interested in the job and so he went for a second interview, obviously he didn't come to leicester for a reason or reasons, either financial or otherwise.

I'm peeed off, because he was the right man for the job and as it stands there aren't many alternatives. i can't seem to understand what luton have that leicester doesn't, only Newell can tell us that. It's such a shame that an ex plyer has turned down a club that is made for the prem for one that is of league on standard, especially in our hour of need, he could have been our hero, fans will not forget!!!

Part of me can understand where your coming from and agree, but personally after all the media attention he's had in the last few weeks i can't help but feel annoyed with him, for the personal perspective given above. Each to their own. Seems just me and you have an opinion on this thread ;)

Your right he turned us down on the basis of what luton offered him and what leicester had offered him. He was interested in the job and so he went for a second interview, obviously he didn't come to leicester for a reason or reasons, either financial or otherwise.

I'm peeed off, because he was the right man for the job and as it stands there aren't many alternatives. i can't seem to understand what luton have that leicester doesn't, only Newell can tell us that. It's such a shame that an ex plyer has turned down a club that is made for the prem for one that is of league on standard, especially in our hour of need, he could have been our hero, fans will not forget!!!

I think what swung it for Newell is a variety of reasons.

1) Luton have given him guarantee's that he'll have funds to spend on players, plus a new ground.

2) A new contract = more money

3) Won't have to move house, he has 5 kids remember.

He can now continue with his job at Luton, with a few more quid no doubt and if he continues to do well he'll have bigger clubs come looking at him eventually. There are advantages of staying in a current job, especially when you get a pay rise and other perks.

All in all, he can fook off.

Part of me can understand where your coming from and agree, but personally after all the media attention he's had in the last few weeks i can't help but feel annoyed with him, for the personal perspective given above. Each to their own. Seems just me and you have an opinion on this thread ;)

I don't think we are miles apart in our thoughts it just a case of the few degrees we differ on and that's all developed from the information and tittle tattle we are subjected to. I've enjoyed the debate, which is about the only good thing that's come out of the Newell saga.

That's my last word on this specific point, but I'm happy to let you have the last say. :D

We should stop looking now, give the job to RK till end of the season and reassess.

We are looiking like joke club at the moment, knock-backs from two reasonable (but nothing proven) managers, associated with a manager who has been suspended by his chairmant for letting his club down, 3 points off relegation, losing one of our most consistent plays to some Dutch shite. Lets fecking stop and regroup, get ourselves safe and lick our wounds. No more humiliation.

We should stop looking now, give the job to RK till end of the season and reassess.

We are looiking like joke club at the moment, knock-backs from two reasonable (but nothing proven) managers, associated with a manager who has been suspended by his chairmant for letting his club down, 3 points off relegation, losing one of our most consistent plays to some Dutch shite. Lets fecking stop and regroup, get ourselves safe and lick our wounds. No more humiliation.

Some facts wouldn't go amiss.

I don't think we are miles apart in our thoughts it just a case of the few degrees we differ on and that's all developed from the information and tittle tattle we are subjected to. I've enjoyed the debate, which is about the only good thing that's come out of the Newell saga.

That's my last word on this specific point, but I'm happy to let you have the last say. :D

It's alright you can have i....bu99er ;)

we have lost 3 senior members of staff including the manager. What did they all do ????

Shirley its a case of picking a suitable side, motivating and dealing with necessary tactics etc (something Kelly is doing better since the plank left)

Leave things as they are, but bring in a 'general' Manager to deal with all the crappy things+ another quality coach to assist kelly and let him continue

we have lost 3 senior members of staff including the manager. What did they all do ????

Shirley its a case of picking a suitable side, motivating and dealing with necessary tactics etc (something Kelly is doing better since the plank left)

Leave things as they are, but bring in a 'general' Manager to deal with all the crappy things+ another quality coach to assist kelly and let him continue

At the minute nothing else needs to be done other than coaching which Rob Kelly is experienced at doing. There's no transfers to sort out, very few contracts to negotiate and long term plans are all put on hold. So Kelly isn't being tested, the real test comes when he has to do everything a manager has to do short term and long term to satisfy the board, the fans, etc.

That's why i'm reluctant to see Kelly get the 'official' job at the minute, it's working whilst everything is up in their air but long term it's a massive risk.

Mike Newell is a tw*t. Saying he would have to think about coming to Leicester and then turning it down. (just to get an improved contract at luton)

I cant wait for the away match against Luton coming up soon, when he will realise he should have come to Leicester.

He has been wasting our time for weeks now.

Why didnt he just say he didnt want to come to Leicester in the 1st place! :mad:

Mike Newell is a tw*t. Saying he would have to think about coming to Leicester and then turning it down. (just to get an improved contract at luton)

I cant wait for the away match against Luton coming up soon, when he will realise he should have come to Leicester.

He has been wasting our time for weeks now.

Why didnt he just say he didnt want to come to Leicester in the 1st place! :mad:

In fairness to the board they are keeping things close to their chest.

The only news (rightly or wrongly) is from managers who want new contracts (must try it-i'd finish up in the garden with holly 'no' way)

We assume that Newell was possibly first choice-from Newell.

We could be suprised or disappointed, who knows.

It's not who the manager is -its who it is'nt that got us 6 points

In fairness to the board they are keeping things close to their chest.

The only news (rightly or wrongly) is from managers who want new contracts (must try it-i'd finish up in the garden with holly 'no' way)

We assume that Newell was possibly first choice-from Newell.

We could be suprised or disappointed, who knows.

It's not who the manager is -its who it is'nt that got us 6 points

What a w*nker Mike Newell is. Just shows that he was using us to get a better contract at Luton (why you would want a better contract at a shit club like Luton is beyond me).

The Luton board and fans are probably as happy as larry, naive ****wits :mad:

This has all left me feeling very shocked and gutted. I started to believe Newell was on his way and I wanted him so badly, so this is all very disapointing.

I feel betrayed and cheated by him, I don't blame him for staying but he led us on good and proper.

you come out with all this but did you read the line 'I was never offered a postion at the club' or something similar, in other words we have dithered , gave him 2 interviews and then still no offer, he came and listened and if he had been offered may well have accepted but our board DID NOT OFFER him the position. So they may have someone else in mind or keep with Kelly, I'm a massive Newell fan and I am gutted they didint rip his hand off and lock him in the walkers :cry:

you come out with all this but did you read the line 'I was never offered a postion at the club' or something similar, in other words we have dithered , gave him 2 interviews and then still no offer, he came and listened and if he had been offered may well have accepted but our board DID NOT OFFER him the position. So they may have someone else in mind or keep with Kelly, I'm a massive Newell fan and I am gutted they didint rip his hand off and lock him in the walkers :cry:

How can you blame it on the board when you don't know the full details?

It's not like the first thing Tim Davies is going to say to Newell as he walks in is '"Alright Mike, we're offering you the job, no questions asked."

They probably had an interview/discussion of some sort, during which point Newell said I'll have to think about it. The board are hardly going to offer him the job if Newell didn't seem interested or didn't have the desire to be manager of LCFC.

Archived