Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

So, what next?

What is next for City? Here are the options...

Easiest

Leave Rob Kelly and Mike Stowell in till the end of the season and maybe bring in a more experienced coach to work with them.

New Manager in summer

We could however keep Kelly and Stowell in til the end of the season and look to bring in a new manager in the summer. Such as Alex McLeish (leaving Rangers in summer), Neil Lennon or any other manger that might be available then like Steve Bruce, Steve McClaren etc.

Risk it

Finally we could risk it and bring someone in now, but there are very little options. We could get a good lower leauge manager such as Tilson, Penney, Parkinson, Allen etc but the worry is they know little about the divison. Alternatively we could go for a bully like Holloway or an average L1 manager like Thordarsson.

I think personally we should go for the middle option.

New Manager in summer

We could however keep Kelly and Stowell in til the end of the season and look to bring in a new manager in the summer. Such as Alex McLeish (leaving Rangers in summer), Neil Lennon or any other manger that might be available then like Steve Bruce, Steve McClaren etc.

I agree the need to stick with Kelly untill the end of the season butc etainly dont want to go with another Jock who knows nothing about the football we need to play to get out of this league,

Easiest

Leave Rob Kelly and Mike Stowell in till the end of the season and maybe bring in a more experienced coach to work with them.

New Manager in summer

Risk it

Finally we could risk it and bring someone in now, but there are very little options. We could get a good lower leauge manager such as Tilson, Penney, Parkinson, Allen etc but the worry is they know little about the divison. Alternatively we could go for a bully like Holloway or an average L1 manager like Thordarsson.

Agree with you there Ricey. I am very disappointed with the current crop of names being linked with us. It's a case of who is the best of an average bunch. In the summer perhaps more heavyweight targets could emerge.

Agree with you there Ricey. I am very disappointed with the current crop of names being linked with us. It's a case of who is the best of an average bunch. In the summer perhaps more heavyweight targets could emerge.

But who though?

Maybe Lennon or even Kelly if he does well enough.

Either the first option or second, So far Kelly and Stowell have done a good job, it easy enough saying at the moment, Get a new manager in the summer but what if Kelly and Stowell do an amazing job here until the end of the season? Its abit unfair to fuk them off in the summer, I think we should give them till the end of the season and then review the situation.

Why not give them a 1 year rolling contract, e.t.c?

Easiest

New Manager in summer

Risk it

Wouldn't want Alex McLeish, and I really can't see Bruce or McClaren wanting to come to Leicester! :huh:

I think we should give Kelly and Stowell the next 2 games, and if we get at least 4 points from these 2 games, then keep them until the end of the season. At the end of the season, providing we have stayed up, the managers of the high flying League One clubs which narrowly missed out on promotion will definitely want to come to Leicester in my opinion. They won't want to now whilst they have a chance of promotion, but if they miss out this season, I can definitely see one of them wanting to come to Leicester. Tilson, Allen, or even Parkinson spring to mind.

Its inevitable if we lose to Brighton that people will want a new man in and the board will get in the neck from us for not getting it cleared up sooner.

The good thing is that I just can't see us losing to Brighton. We look a much better team under Kelly and he's had an extra week to work with them. I don't see any less than 4 points from the next two games. Its worrying that for the 1st time this season i'm actually feeling confident

Fickle fans will get on kellys back if we lose to brighton. He isnt going to not lose a game out of 18 games thats unrealistic, all I ask for is we get enough points to stay up and so far he has acheived more then expected.

Kelly wont lose a game till the end of the season, you mark my words...

Archived