Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Potential local takeover?

Apparently, according to that awful transfer rumours site and the 'footymad boards' site, we are on the verge of a takeover from a local consortium and the deal is being sorted out in Birmingham.

It's supposed to be 'hush hush' so that people don't get confused as a takeover from Leicester Tigers Rugby Club but it relates to directors associated with this club.

Shed any light anybody?????

Hi Chrisshaw, your link is the Transfer Rumours website, under 'transfer rumours 2'. Sorry, I am incompetent with computers and don't know how to do links !!! :rolleyes:

Source ;):thumbup:

Leicester City board have abandonned plans to name new manager while they examine takeover proposals from local led consortium. The group have close links to the Tigers but are anxious for the deal not to be portrayed as a takeover by the rugby club. Two meetings last week official meeting in birmingham to sort deal on Friday.

It's true - I was talking to his dad the other day, so it must be true. :thumbup:

Well my Mums, Brother's, Daughter's, Boyfriend's, Great Uncle is his advisor and says we are close to signing Thierry Henry.

I have heard that Gazza is the preferred choice of Manager by this consortium. ;):thumbup:

I've just heard that Gazza's already concerned about the pre-match warm-up cutting-up the pitch so he's said that the sessions will be replaced by pre-match bonding routines in the Swan and Rushes from about 12-30 on match days :):):)

I've just heard that Gazza's already concerned about the pre-match warm-up cutting-up the pitch so he's said that the sessions will be replaced by pre-match bonding routines in the Swan and Rushes from about 12-30 on match days :):):)

Come on everyone, stop taking the piss. He hasnt made this up. He has got it from a (not very reliable) website, just passing on the info wether its bullshit or not.

I think the piss is being taken out of the website/source, and not LLF. :thumbup:

Exactly. I am taking the piss out of the site, though I read it most days :huh::unsure::whistle: , and all the general rumourmongering that goes on. :D:D;):thumbup:

Anything on Football Rumours can't be trusted, however we will comment on this one to explain how a process like this would work if the situation ever arose.

If such an approach was made & the board felt it was a feasible option then it would be put before the shareholders to vote on it & 75%+ of the shareholding would have to approve it.

We would not vote for any change in ownership without meeting the potential new owners & examine their attitude to fans being represented in the boardroom. If potential owners did not appear to have the fans interests at heart we would launch a media campaign against it & rally the fans, while at the same time lobbying shareholders who would have the immediate power to block it.

So have you heard anything then FT?

Any gossip on the management situation?

Is de Vries likely to be coming back?

What's Lee Morris up to these days?

Is there a potential investment in the club that you know of?

What's up with Wesolowski?

What's the story with Hamill? Maybe bungs really are rife in football? Care to comment?

So have you heard anything then FT?

Any gossip on the management situation? >> None, but Kelly's chances must be rising as him with an experienced manager was under consideration

Is de Vries likely to be coming back? >>Don't know, depends how he does at the loan club

What's Lee Morris up to these days? >>Don't know

Is there a potential investment in the club that you know of? >>Not aware of any

What's up with Wesolowski? >>We don't talk on a daily basis to the club, so only aware of what the media has said

What's the story with Hamill? >>What do you mean?

Maybe bungs really are rife in football? Care to comment? >>We aren't aware of any relating to LCFC, but now we are on the Audit Committee we have someone who can examine the books more closely

The Hamill/bungs comment was linked. A lighthearted probe of how he was ever considered good enough to play for us!

Thanks for the responses though!

Presumed it might be, we are aware he is on SFX's books & therefore linked to one shareholder, but CL seemed to like him at Hearts from what fans from up there told us.

Presumed it might be, we are aware he is on SFX's books & therefore linked to one shareholder, but CL seemed to like him at Hearts from what fans from up there told us.

Oh I see!

The thick plottens.....

Perhaps Levein will sign him again when he finds his next victi..err club.

Archived