Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Holloway or Kelly?

New gaffer  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose to be the Leicester City gaffer?

• Rob Kelly?
    • Ian Holloway?

I vote Kelly till the end of the season, he has obviously got the players motivated and got them playing well as seen from last 3 terrific results. Wait till the summer before making a big decision plus the usual merry go round managerial antics will have taken place so i think our choices for a new manager could be more varied.

My ownly reservation about having Kelly as manager permanent is his lack of experience in the transfer market, but who knows he could know a lot more about wheeling and dealing then we know about.

I hear Allen is still in the frame!! It was even rumoured on 'The Championship' during our highlights...

I hope its him, or Tilson, or Parkinson, or Penney!!!

(ooops never read the other thread first, scratch the Allen comment!)

Just thinking about what the Birch said on Heart the other day, ALL the player came up to him in the training ground and basically asked him to have a word the people high up to keep kelly on board until at least the end of the season!!!

So I think they would agree with the rout of a poll at the mo'. :thumbup:

Not sure why its just down to these two but obviously I'd pick Kelly over Holloway. I'm still waiting until after the Derby game before deciding whether I think Kelly should be made manager properly - in my opinion it is going to be the hardest game he's been in charge of (half the players sick, Weso out, local derby which means form books go out the window) - I'm not saying that if we lose I'd want us to boot Kelly out straight away, only that I'd like us to keep our options open.

Not sure why its just down to these two but obviously I'd pick Kelly over Holloway. I'm still waiting until after the Derby game before deciding whether I think Kelly should be made manager properly - in my opinion it is going to be the hardest game he's been in charge of (half the players sick, Weso out, local derby which means form books go out the window) - I'm not saying that if we lose I'd want us to boot Kelly out straight away, only that I'd like us to keep our options open.

With all due respect what a stupid poll, apart from the fact that no one with half a brain wants Holloway ;) If he was actually in the frame for the job he would be the manager by now.

Not sure why its just down to these two

Because no one else wants the job! :ermm:

With all due respect what a stupid poll

Why? Gives a clear indication to the board about which one the fans want, if as reported, it is left to only these two in the running.

Because no one else wants the job! :ermm:

Why? Gives a clear indication to the board about which one the fans want, if as reported, it is left to only these two in the running.

Except TD has intimated to several people via email that Holloway is not in the running. Of coiurse he could change his mind.

I voted for Holloway!

Three wins in three league games sounds impressive, but in half of their games under Kelly (Soton and BHA) City have not impressed me at all with the way they played.

Let's be honest, anyone whose name isn't Craig Levein could have improved our results in the short term just by picking the strongest team and not changing it about from match to match. Kelly has been lucky and got some flattering results, but what will happen when his luck runs out? How do we know he has what it takes to stop City from going into another Levein-esque tailspin?

For me, that's the heart of the matter. We don't know enough about Kelly because he's only been a manager for five minutes. With Holloway at least we can look at his history and see how he deals with certain situations. Kelly is an unknown quantity, he's faced some challenges as manager of LCFC already, but a lot more are yet to come and there is absolutely no way of telling if he has what it takes to meet those challenges. Holloway, for all his faults, has the experience and resourcefulness to manage a club like ours. Plus, it can't hurt to have a media favourite in charge of our increasingly pariah-like club.

I just hope that Tim Davies has the courage to ignore everyone but me.

I voted for Holloway!

Three wins in three league games sounds impressive, but in half of their games under Kelly (Soton and BHA) City have not impressed me at all with the way they played.

Let's be honest, anyone whose name isn't Craig Levein could have improved our results in the short term just by picking the strongest team and not changing it about from match to match. Kelly has been lucky and got some flattering results, but what will happen when his luck runs out? How do we know he has what it takes to stop City from going into another Levein-esque tailspin?

For me, that's the heart of the matter. We don't know enough about Kelly because he's only been a manager for five minutes. With Holloway at least we can look at his history and see how he deals with certain situations. Kelly is an unknown quantity, he's faced some challenges as manager of LCFC already, but a lot more are yet to come and there is absolutely no way of telling if he has what it takes to meet those challenges. Holloway, for all his faults, has the experience and resourcefulness to manage a club like ours. Plus, it can't hurt to have a media favourite in charge of our increasingly pariah-like club.

The past 2 weeks have proven to me that football is purely about confidence. Obviously if your players aren't good enough then confidence can only take you so far, but we already knew that this club had a nucleus of talented players just no leader or motivator. Rob Kelly has shown in 2 weeks what belief and confidence can to do a team that also has some quality about them.

The players all want Kelly to get the job for atleast the rest of the season and that would give them even more confidence. Brian Clough once said that football is a very simple game, yet there are a vast majority of managers who make it complex and balls it up.

Holloway is vastly unpopular amongst fans and by the sounds of it the players are desperate for Kelly to get the job. Installing Holloway would not be a wise move considering we aren't out of the relegation woods by any stretch.

I voted for Holloway!

I don't want Rob Kelly as our manager, he has never built a team in his life and it would be a complete stab in the dark. It is just I have seen what Holloway has doen given the oppurtunity and it is produce bad footballing sides that play a terrible brand of football. Basically I've decided to swap all my cards because the hand I've been dealt is complete shite.

I still don't think you can rule out Martin Allen, ive just heard his interview on sky sports news, and he didnt exactly rule him self out of the job - all he said was he was happy in his current job....

Im happy in my current job, working for an independant bookmaker, but if a national bookmaker offered me something i found hard to turn down, working in a fantastic environment and more potential where i am then id certainly be 90% leaving my present employee

Holloway is vastly unpopular amongst fans and by the sounds of it the players are desperate for Kelly to get the job. Installing Holloway would not be a wise move considering we aren't out of the relegation woods by any stretch.

I would say that's the very reason that we need Holloway!

Kelly has been lucky so far, but he cannot rely on goalkeepers fumbling the ball to Fryatt's feet Postma-style every match, and if he thinks our winning run is going to continue if we play like we did at Brighton in our last match then he's in for a shock!

Imagine the worst-case scenario, Derby mug us and win 1-0, then in the next match we are dreadful and lose. In just two matches the confidence is gone from the players. How does Kelly deal with that? His team enjoyed a boost in confidence once we got rid of that díckhead Levein, and Kelly was able to make the most of that boost, but there is no way of knowing what he'll do once it's gone. We are not in a position to gamble on an unknown quantity.

I would say that's the very reason that we need Holloway!

Kelly has been lucky so far, but he cannot rely on goalkeepers fumbling the ball to Fryatt's feet Postma-style every match, and if he thinks our winning run is going to continue if we play like we did at Brighton in our last match then he's in for a shock!

Imagine the worst-case scenario, Derby mug us and win 1-0, then in the next match we are dreadful and lose. In just two matches the confidence is gone from the players. How does Kelly deal with that? His team enjoyed a boost in confidence once we got rid of that díckhead Levein, and Kelly was able to make the most of that boost, but there is no way of knowing what he'll do once it's gone. We are not in a position to gamble on an unknown quantity.

Didn't Craig Levein keep saying that we wouldn't be beaten by 30 yard screamers each week and that we were always unlucky? Same sort of thing. Confidence and some quality players = success. The players have confidence under Kelly.

Archived