Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Two fans killed on way home!

Coventry City Football Club is extremely saddened to hear of the death of two Sheffield Wednesday supporters in a road traffic accident following the game at the Ricoh Arena last night.

The Club would like to extend its deepest sympathy to the family and friends of those fans involved in the accident.

R.I.P.

Minutes Silence at the derby game on saturday.

I just hope the Sheffield Utd fans respect the football fans that passed away. Im sure 99.9% will , but every club has there idiots.

Minutes Silence at the derby game on saturday.

I just hope the Sheffield Utd fans respect the football fans that passed away. Im sure 99.9% will , but every club has there idiots.

good call by Wednesday as a mark of respect. i too hope the Utd fans respect them the same way. hope no stupid chants or abuse is made.

I'm sorry but i think we de-value the minute silence already, we'll be having one for the tea lady next :rolleyes:

I agree with you there in general. It is devalued, a bit like an MBE, any bugger can have one these days.

We had a thread on this a while back, but I can't arsed to drag it up. That's IDEA OR IKEA's thing. :rolleyes:

I like the minute's applause, when appropriate.

I think having a minute's applause tomorrow for two football fans might engender a bit of unity between two sets of supporters. Just an idea?

RIP Awful news.

I know this might not be appropriate but what an awful way to go aswell, killed on the way back from the worst place on earth - Coventry.

It was probabley the fact they were in such a rush to get out that caused the accident :(

Seriously though R.I.P

This is a post from Football frenzy Championship Forum from yesterday:

On the night of February 15th after our away tie against Coventry two young Wednesdayites lost there lives in a horrific accident on the M69 while on there way home to Sheffield after the game,

One of them, Sean Rhodes (24) leaves behind a wife and unborn child with the other, at this time yet to be named,

Owlsonline are trying to raise a little cash for the families affected by this awful loss and will share the funds between the two to help in any way we can,

A donation email address has been set up for those who can offer any contribution by Paypal,

Any monies will be passed to the families

Please sign in to Paypal and use the address below (cut and paste) for any contributions however small.

----------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]

This is a post from Football frenzy Championship Forum from yesterday:

Source: Football Frenzy

On the night of February 15th after our away tie against Coventry two young Wednesdayites lost there lives in a horrific accident on the M69 while on there way home to Sheffield after the game,

One of them, Sean Rhodes (24) leaves behind a wife and unborn child with the other, at this time yet to be named,

Owlsonline are trying to raise a little cash for the families affected by this awful loss and will share the funds between the two to help in any way we can,

A donation email address has been set up for those who can offer any contribution by Paypal,

Any monies will be passed to the families

Please sign in to Paypal and use the address below (cut and paste) for any contributions however small.

----------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]

Archived