Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Alan Smith

Evidently not Jay!

Apparently I'm a nasty piece of work because I'm not jumping in with buckets of sympathy for him.

Notice no one has countered the arguments about him throwing stuff in to the crowd before. I accept, I have now done my homework and accusing him of being a racist was out of line, I thought he was caught up in the Bowyer/Woodgate allegations. I apologise for that. Stand by the statement that he is a thug and a nasty piece of work though.

I personally don't see what his qualities are. He looked good in a bad team at Leeds and looks out of his depth at Man Utd. All I see is him being in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Fair enough its a bad injury but how many times has he tried to inflict one of a similar nature on other player.

Evidently not Jay!

Apparently I'm a nasty piece of work because I'm not jumping in with buckets of sympathy for him.

Notice no one has countered the arguments about him throwing stuff in to the crowd before. I accept, I have now done my homework and accusing him of being a racist was out of line, I thought he was caught up in the Bowyer/Woodgate allegations. I apologise for that. Stand by the statement that he is a thug and a nasty piece of work though.

does anybody believe in karma?

if you act badly, bad things will happen to you. if you do good things, good things will happen. i've always disliked smith because he doesn't seem like a nice person, but i won't take pleasure in him getting this injury.

does anybody believe in karma?

if you act badly, bad things will happen to you. if you do good things, good things will happen. i've always disliked smith because he doesn't seem like a nice person, but i won't take pleasure in him getting this injury.

Karma is böllocks. Utter, utter böllocks.

Even if George Bush, for example, was taken to Guantanamo Bay and tortured for the rest of his life, that still would not make up for all the bad things that the Texan retard has caused. Not nearly.

Some people can get away with causing nothing but misery and pain to others and never get the comeuppance they deserve.

Life is cruel and unfair. Just accept it.

Karma is böllocks. Utter, utter böllocks.

Even if George Bush, for example, was taken to Guantanamo Bay and tortured for the rest of his life, that still would not make up for all the bad things that the Texan retard has caused. Not nearly.

Some people can get away with causing nothing but misery and pain to others and never get the comeuppance they deserve.

Life is cruel and unfair. Just accept it.

i agree karma is bollocks. i was just asking if anyone believed in it that's all.

You're.

:thumbup:;)

Lighten up mate - it's a debate, you have your view and I have mine. We disagree, that's fair enough.

Fair enough! My comment was tongue in cheek, and i should've put a Smilie.

Sorry for any misunderstanding!

I didn't say anything about his style of play. He's not an awful player.. committed.. quite dirty, there are plenty like him in the premiership. The recent central midfield set ups of him with fletcher or with giggs really do show why united are struggling.. I can't remember the last time such mediocrity occupied the engine room of the united side.

Don't you see that the reason I have no sympathy for him is the following:

a) He often puts in horrific challenges. What goes around inevitably does come around (ironically, this injury is not the result of a challenge)

b) He is an unsavoury character off the pitch. David O'Leary said as much when he was one of his own players and he has on a number of occasions thrown objects in to the crowd. That is unacceptable.

If Savage or Dickov did it, having left us, you'd be **** up in arms about it. Whatsmore, no one made any apologies for Savage when he was here. He was a good player and wound people up on the pitch but he wasn't an arsehole like Smith it.

Gonna have to disagree with you there on some points mate.

Smith might be abit of a tenacious nasty bastard on the pitch but off it he doesn't live the life of a normal footballer. He rarely goes out, he doesn't buy flash cars and is just generally a normal private guy even if he does sometimes appear arrogant, he's just very shy from what i've heard. On the pitch, he's completely different and his bottle throwing incident was quite bad but Steve Walsh deliberatly threw the ball in to the Derby fans and smashed someone in the face many years ago but everyone does stupid things from time to time and i'd like to think he learned from his mistakes.

I can't remember O'Leary calling Smith a thug, when was that?

Smith has improved on his temper and attitude, i'd happily have him in my team if I were a manager.

Nobody deserves an injury like that, horrifying.

Smith might be abit of a tenacious nasty bastard on the pitch but off it he doesn't live the life of a normal footballer. He rarely goes out, he doesn't buy flash cars and is just generally a normal private guy even if he does sometimes appear arrogant, he's just very shy from what i've heard. On the pitch, he's completely different and his bottle throwing incident was quite bad but Steve Walsh deliberatly threw the ball in to the Derby fans and smashed someone in the face many years ago but everyone does stupid things from time to time and i'd like to think he learned from his mistakes.

Smith has improved on his temper and attitude, i'd happily have him in my team if I were a manager.

It was after a red card for Leeds shortly before making his England debut I believe.

DOL did definitely say it - can find articles if you like.

I didn't say Smith is the only ill-tempered, thuggish footballer about, just that he is one. Steve Walsh may have suffered similarly in some respects, but I reserve the right to be fickle and it's hard to criticise someone like Steve Walsh who gave so much for this club.

change the word stupid to legendry and you're spot on Ric ;)

It was after a red card for Leeds shortly before making his England debut I believe.

DOL did definitely say it - can find articles if you like.

I didn't say Smith is the only ill-tempered, thuggish footballer about, just that he is one. Steve Walsh may have suffered similarly in some respects, but I reserve the right to be fickle and it's hard to criticise someone like Steve Walsh who gave so much for this club.

You are right sir! I do remember actually, it was around the time when he got sent off about 3 times in the space of a few months.

smith is an 'orrible little barsteward but an injury like that is terrible. Feel sorry for the lad. Yes he is a bit of a thug, gobby and plain nasty at times but without people like him football would be a very boring place.

Mind you, if i was a leeds fan i would have no sympathy after he walked out on them to go to the scum.

Hope he makes a full recovery :thumbup:

the boy is a complete C**T and I am not going to join in with this pansie assed "hes a footballer and doesnt deserve it" b8ll8x

And before you say it... I HAVE had a broken leg and yes it IS his career on the line, but he knew that before he got into the profession and the couple of kersquillion quid he has should keep him out of cardboard city.

He is a nasty little pr1ck who goes around mouthing off at how hard he is... I live in Leeds and there are MANY stories that I wont go into on here.

the boy is a complete C**T and I am not going to join in with this pansie assed "hes a footballer and doesnt deserve it" b8ll8x

And before you say it... I HAVE had a broken leg and yes it IS his career on the line, but he knew that before he got into the profession and the couple of kersquillion quid he has should keep him out of cardboard city.

He is a nasty little pr1ck who goes around mouthing off at how hard he is... I live in Leeds and there are MANY stories that I wont go into on here.

Wahey, someone agrees with me! :thumbup:

Archived