Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Don

Average age

From the Starting 11 on Sat, the average age is 23.6 . With only 3 players over the age of 25.

Certainly shows the potential this current side has.

By interest, anyone know the average age of MA's last game in charge??

From the Starting 11 on Sat, the average age is 23.6 . With only 3 players over the age of 25.

I'm sure it was 30 or 31.

That is very impressive and that's without Wesolowski!!!

I'm sure it was 30 or 31.

That is very impressive and that's without Wesolowski!!!

Get sheehan leftback for nils, Logan in goal, and stick Welsh in for Maybury, would be around the 21 mark i imagine

Get sheehan leftback for nils, Logan in goal, and stick Welsh in for Maybury, would be around the 21 mark i imagine

Chambers in for Hume who is far too old at 22 :D and Gradel in for Hughes who is a biddy at 23 and your down to about 20.

It's not right if you ask me!! How can I support a team that's younger than me!!! I think only Rab and Maybuty are actuall older than me now... it's just depressing... :cry:

In a few weeks, i will be exactly 23.6 years old :thumbup:

i suppose we have got to thank CL for reducing the average age of our squad! Imagine of Mickey Adams was still manager im sure the average age would be nearing 40 now!

But, unlike Levein, doing the same thing Adams has that shower down the road challenging for the play-offs.

Pressman 36

Tiatto 32

Heath 24

Dublin 35

Makin 32

Dabizas 32

Scowcroft 29

Williams 23

Big Trev 25

Wilcox 34

Gudjonsson 24

Subs

Wright 20

Connolly 27

Gemmill 34

Elliot 35

Nalis 33

You work out the average!

Pressman 36

Tiatto 32

Heath 24

Dublin 35

Makin 32

Dabizas 32

Scowcroft 29

Williams 23

Big Trev 25

Wilcox 34

Gudjonsson 24

Subs

Wright 20

Connolly 27

Gemmill 34

Elliot 35

Nalis 33

You work out the average!

Starting 11 had an avg age of 29.9

And the squad of 16 was 29.875

Basically the average age was 29.9 and that's bloody high :P

don't they say though that players are at there peak at 28, a team full of 28 year olds would be a decent side, though of course any success wouldn't be able to be sustained for future without new blood, as the french international side have found out. i think the average age of the world cup 98 side was 28.

don't they say though that players are at there peak at 28, a team full of 28 year olds would be a decent side, though of course any success wouldn't be able to be sustained for future without new blood, as the french international side have found out. i think the average age of the world cup 98 side was 28.

Perhaps. But look at that line up. We had youth (early 20s) and experience (mid 30s) with very little in between.

Having an average age of slightly above the 'peak' for footballers is all well and good - but not when the team consists of those 4 years below, or 4 years above. There's a slight difference ;)

On a slightly related note, if Scowcroft reached his peak when he was 28, how sh*t must he have been the rest of the time?

But, unlike Levein, doing the same thing Adams has that shower down the road challenging for the play-offs.

We will be a much better team than they are next year though. Where they will be a year closer to retirement, we will be a years more experienced. :thumbup:

We will be a much better team than they are next year though. Where they will be a year closer to retirement, we will be a years more experienced. :thumbup:

I heard somewhere the other day that Cov have got quite abit of money to spend next year, will be interesting to see how Adams wastes it. Instead of going for good lower league younger players, he'll fill the squad up with 32-33 year old premiership players who he'll pay 10k a week for a years free-ride.

I heard somewhere the other day that Cov have got quite abit of money to spend next year, will be interesting to see how Adams wastes it. Instead of going for good lower league younger players, he'll fill the squad up with 32-33 year old premiership players who he'll pay 10k a week for a years free-ride.

I had heard they were due to be taken over during the close season and have significant investment in the team, fortunatly they have sombody in charge who is not very good with money :thumbup:

I had heard they were due to be taken over during the close season and have significant investment in the team, fortunatly they have sombody in charge who is not very good with money :thumbup:

To be Honest Adams has not been given the money to spend in all his time as manager.

He has spent a good 500k on Connoly, Canero and Morris were at the time seen as good buys.

He did not think williams would cost 500 grand.

It will be interesting to see how he does with money to spend.

Whatever people say about Adams in the Premiership season he didnt have much money and made a good fist of keeping us up. Just look how bad Sunderland have done with a bit more money

i actually think he assembled a good enough side to stay up, in my opinion he through it away with his strange substitutions and disruptions late on in games leading to us throwing away leads again and again.

i actually think he assembled a good enough side to stay up, in my opinion he through it away with his strange substitutions and disruptions late on in games leading to us throwing away leads again and again.

Holding to leads was a massive problem under Adams that year, should he have solved the problem early on, or even mid way through the season we would have stayed up.

Archived