Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

More Red Cards Than Home Goals

Millwall have had 13 red cards this season, and scored 11 home goals (in 19 home games). Surely they won't score past us on Saturday...

Or is that famous last words?

They are fighting for there lives, and our defence isn't all that tight!! I have no issue with them scoring as long as city score more goals and they are due a sending off. It's going to be a battle, one which i think city are strong enough to win!!!

I think we have 'previous' with regards to sendings off at Millwall. I remember at the Old Den Ramsey and Walsh going in a Cup match and about 1995 (ish) Neil Lewis thinking he had been sent off, leaving the pitch, only to return two minutes later as it was someone else (can anyone remember who that was?) who had received the red card! May have been others. There was also the mother of all punch ups on the touchline at Filbo in, erm 94(?) when Steve Agnew took on the whole Millwall midfield and received his marching orders. Bit before anyone else's time, but I remember someone from 'Wall kicking the shit out of Willie Carlin (!) in 1971 and being shown the door. That was at Filbo.

Millwall have had 13 red cards this season, and scored 11 home goals (in 19 home games). Surely they won't score past us on Saturday...

Or is that famous last words?

Bet they won't get fined for that discipline unlike when we got fined for about 7 in a season :rolleyes:

I think we have 'previous' with regards to sendings off at Millwall. I remember at the Old Den Ramsey and Walsh going in a Cup match and about 1995 (ish) Neil Lewis thinking he had been sent off, leaving the pitch, only to return two minutes later as it was someone else (can anyone remember who that was?) who had received the red card!

David Oldfield.

They were down to 9 men and we still couldn't win there.

I went last season when Chris Makin (remember him?) got sent off for us. The poison dwarf (their player-boss at the time) was kicking anything that moved as usual and the ref bottled out of taking any action.

Tomorrow will undoubtedly be another physical game.

But if we keep our heads, it should be a comfortable win for us!

I dunno, Millwall away seem to have been a bit of a bogey game for us recently, I'll be very happy if we come away with some points but unsuprised if we lose. I'm not sure if the team are up to the physical game that Millwall are going to give them.

Bet they won't get fined for that discipline unlike when we got fined for about 7 in a season :rolleyes:

your post made do a search type thing and here is my discovery :o

"The Commission decided that Leicester City should be fined £25,000....The Commission fined Millwall £10,000"

for the 04/05 season on the fa website.

fair? considering the records for that season were leicester 8 red 73 yellow; millwall 8 red and 75 yellow, I dont think so but you know I've probably missed something. :rolleyes:

I love being bitter.

Millwall isn't our favourite place to go - we haven't won there in the last 12 visits! :(

Nonetheless, City seem to be playing pretty well at the moment and have had a good spell of consistency, so I think we'll edge it this time!!!

:scarf:

your post made do a search type thing and here is my discovery :o

"The Commission decided that Leicester City should be fined £25,000....The Commission fined Millwall £10,000"

for the 04/05 season on the fa website.

fair? considering the records for that season were leicester 8 red 73 yellow; millwall 8 red and 75 yellow, I dont think so but you know I've probably missed something. :rolleyes:

I love being bitter.

fines are based on the records of previous seasons aswell, so you get fined more if you consistently offend. it would be interesting to see the disciplinary records from a season or two before aswell.

fines are based on the records of previous seasons aswell, so you get fined more if you consistently offend. it would be interesting to see the disciplinary records from a season or two before aswell.

ok well i'm going to go look ;)

We were already on a suspended fine from the previous season hence the larger fine, good call mate!

Archived