Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Millwall Match Thread

Att: 10,523 (Away 1,033)

Cheers :thumbup:

But has everone noticed how bad Barber ( :eek: ) is at estimating away attendance. Today he said about 500. And I'm sure he said we had about 1000 when there was 3000 Leicester fans. He always at least halves the attendance with his guesses!!! :mad:

Cheers :thumbup:

But has everone noticed how bad Barber ( :eek: ) is at estimating away attendance. Today he said about 500. And I'm sure he said we had about 1000 when there was 3000 Leicester fans. He always at least halves the attendance with his guesses!!! :mad:

at least he's consistent about it. lol

I don't know about you guys but I only heard Barber say Maybury's name a few times during the whole match and I don't like it when he starts talking about something else when he's supposed to be telling us what's going on.

Just got back, obviously a hugely important result in that it almost guarantees safety.

First half we were decent, Millwall never got a sniff apart from hitting the post and that was hardly a genuine effort whilst Fryatt and Hume always looked lively. If the goal was meant it's a lovely strike as I couldn't tell from where I was sitting whether it was meant as a clip into the box or an audacious chip. Also Joey's freekick which hit the bar was absolutely incredible, I've never seen a ball move so much in the air.

2nd half was truly abysmal if truth be told. I think half our lot weren't watching and were concentrating on abusing some Millwall kid wearing a handbag for about 30 minutes. That and the new Kisnorbo chant were the funny moments of the day.

The problem 2nd half was, they were pumping long balls upfront, and their midfield would always be first to the loose ball, Joey was nowhere to be seen. Hendo was also responsible for numerous heart-stopping moments. Then inexplicably we started playing like Brazil with 5 minutes left, keeping the ball at will and made Millwall chase shadows. It should be said that Millwall only really had 2 or 3 chances, despite their 2nd half dominance.

Just got back, obviously a hugely important result in that it almost guarantees safety.

First half we were decent, Millwall never got a sniff apart from hitting the post and that was hardly a genuine effort whilst Fryatt and Hume always looked lively. If the goal was meant it's a lovely strike as I couldn't tell from where I was sitting whether it was meant as a clip into the box or an audacious chip. Also Joey's freekick which hit the bar was absolutely incredible, I've never seen a ball move so much in the air.

2nd half was truly abysmal if truth be told. I think half our lot weren't watching and were concentrating on abusing some Millwall kid wearing a handbag for about 30 minutes. That and the new Kisnorbo chant were the funny moments of the day.

The problem 2nd half was, they were pumping long balls upfront, and their midfield would always be first to the loose ball, Joey was nowhere to be seen. Hendo was also responsible for numerous heart-stopping moments. Then inexplicably we started playing like Brazil with 5 minutes left, keeping the ball at will and made Millwall chase shadows. It should be said that Millwall only really had 2 or 3 chances, despite their 2nd half dominance.

Enlighten us!! :thumbup:

Remember the Vieira chant at Arsenal

'woah Vieria, woah Vieira he comes from Senegal....etc'

Substitute this with

'Woah Kisnorbo, woah Kisnorbo

He used to be shite, but now he's alright'

Kisnorbo, Woah, Kisnorbo'

Was sung non-stop for a bout 15 miuntes either side of half time.

it sais on the millwall website that they were denied a certain penalty when barry hayles literally had the shirt ripped of his back. is this true? do we give a..?

rofl I wsh our OS was that biased, does anyone remember on lufc after the match which they "dominated" and where they were "camped in leicesters half" for "virtually all the game".

my god that was funny.

It could have the line below in it:

"We thought you were sh*te, but now you're alright!!!" :whistle::ph34r:

Just hearing about Juve v Arse (the return of Viera) got me thinking surely there's someone out there who can come up with a good chant involving:

KIZ-NOR-BO Woooah,

KIZ-NOR-BO Woooah...

Wow it's like my two attempts at chants were combined!!! I might ask for royalties!!?? :whistle:

Remember the Vieira chant at Arsenal

'woah Vieria, woah Vieira he comes from Senegal....etc'

Substitute this with

'Woah Kisnorbo, woah Kisnorbo

He used to be shite, but now he's alright'

Kisnorbo, Woah, Kisnorbo'

Was sung non-stop for a bout 15 miuntes either side of half time.

It was amusing, but not exactly a chant to boost his confidence!

The game itself summed up why Millwall are down there. They dominated in the second half, but a lot of that was to do with us sitting deep and giving the ball away cheaply. They forced a number of corners, but the only clear cut chance they created was a header, which was tipped over by Henderson.

It's encouraging to see that we've grinded out two away wins at very difficult places. It's a measure of how much more stronger and resillient we are under Kelly. We didn't play particularly well, but that doesn't matter when we're picking up 3 points.

It was amusing, but not exactly a chant to boost his confidence!

The game itself summed up why Millwall are down there. They dominated in the second half, but a lot of that was to do with us sitting deep and giving the ball away cheaply. They forced a number of corners, but the only clear cut chance they created was a header, which was tipped over by Henderson.

It's encouraging to see that we've grinded out two away wins at very difficult places. It's a measure of how much more stronger and resillient we are under Kelly. We didn't play particularly well, but that doesn't matter when we're picking up 3 points.

Completely agree. I couldn't understand why we sat so deep in the second half, but once again, we ground out the result and I was impressed with Welsh when he came on. I don't know if it's because he always comes on towards the end of a game when their fullback is tired, but he certainly isn't bad at beating a man and causing problems.

With the Kisnorbo chant, towards the end, I heard it changed to "He used to be shite, but now he's dynamite." Must admit, I was still singing the original though. Although I'm sure Kisnorbo took it in good humour. He must know that he's well liked now, after overcoming a torrid first few months and battling through. Top player.

Had a great time yesterday at the den, bar having to wait to be herded back to the train station.

Or it appears I was wrong in my earlier post, thinking Kisnorbo would take the new chant in good humour, as per Mad Biker's post on the other site:

"I agree that the song was "funny" the first time it was sang, however it became far less so as the game wore on and the words began to sink in, Paddy was never "shite" he was simply being played out of position and he is now much more than "alright" he is superb, I am also fortunate enough to have a friend on the football side of the club and I soon received a text informing me that PK does in fact hate the words sang at him, all players love to hear their names sang and applaud us for doing it but to constantly sing insults at one of our best players is not on and I suggest we have a re think as to the lyrics of this song asap !"

Apologies to Mr. Kisnorbo. Still a top player.

Just woke up from my post game hangover.... went on a bit of a blast around central London in the end!!! Fantastic result, an absolutely god awful game of footy. does anyone have our possession % for the 2nd half?? Up until we started playing like brazil at the end I think we had about 5%!!

Chanting was Awesome - The Kisnorbo song is hilarious, and I have never seen anyone get as rinsed as the Millwall fan in the red, was proper comedy when most of our lads weren't even watching the game for 15 minuts while they pummeled us!

I thought Henderson had a great game, he came out a long way and got some good punches, though on occasion maybe he's a little TOO confident!

The goal was decent... Joeys freekick was AWESOME. Why the hell was O Grady booked, was awful refereeing

Great day though, even though the place was an absolute dive...

Just woke up from my post game hangover.... went on a bit of a blast around central London in the end!!! Fantastic result, an absolutely god awful game of footy. does anyone have our possession % for the 2nd half?? Up until we started playing like brazil at the end I think we had about 5%!!

Chanting was Awesome - The Kisnorbo song is hilarious, and I have never seen anyone get as rinsed as the Millwall fan in the red, was proper comedy when most of our lads weren't even watching the game for 15 minuts while they pummeled us!

I thought Henderson had a great game, he came out a long way and got some good punches, though on occasion maybe he's a little TOO confident!

The goal was decent... Joeys freekick was AWESOME. Why the hell was O Grady booked, was awful refereeing

Great day though, even though the place was an absolute dive...

must agree it was a party atmosphere

Or it appears I was wrong in my earlier post, thinking Kisnorbo would take the new chant in good humour, as per Mad Biker's post on the other site:

"I agree that the song was "funny" the first time it was sang, however it became far less so as the game wore on and the words began to sink in, Paddy was never "shite" he was simply being played out of position and he is now much more than "alright" he is superb, I am also fortunate enough to have a friend on the football side of the club and I soon received a text informing me that PK does in fact hate the words sang at him, all players love to hear their names sang and applaud us for doing it but to constantly sing insults at one of our best players is not on and I suggest we have a re think as to the lyrics of this song asap !"

Apologies to Mr. Kisnorbo. Still a top player.

I'm not surprise at all if he's offended by it. I thought at the time it wasn't the most complimentary song to sing.

I wonder if we can devise a more positive version for him? :unsure:

Congratulations for this tremendous effort! It's always nice to wake up in the morning and checking the scores for positive surprises... ;)

Now only 9 games left to go. Can we make it 7 out of 7? I'm actually just asking this question for fun, because I can't see the rest at the bottom catching up with us now.

I think the rest of the season will offer our lads plenty of opportunities to play with pride and some fun, and I'm sure Rob Kelly will encourage the team to do so.

Well done lads! Kudos to this achievement and all I have to say now is

BRING ON THE READING!!! :mrgreen:

Archived