Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Best Season You Can Remember

Whats the best season you can remember as a City Fan?

I would probably say the season we won the Coca-Cola Cup against Boro, and we finished top half in our first season. That was a great memory! :D

Opinions?

Whats the best season you can remember as a City Fan?

I would probably say the season we won the Coca-Cola Cup against Boro, and we finished top half in our first season. That was a great memory! :D

Opinions?

yeah was awesome that season

the days when you looked forward to the game

I'd go with 96-97. We won a frickin' cup!!! Everyone's relegation favourites finished 9th. Ha!

The good thing about O'Neill's side was just when it looked like they were heading for a bad patch, they'd pull off an amazing result like winning at Old Trafford or St.James's Park (which used to be a big deal!).

It was nice to get a bit of grudging respect from the media for a change. Bollocks to that these days.

96-97 without a doubt. Being able to really trouble teams like Arsenal when we had been so crap with Little / Mcghee 2 years before. Had a season ticket front row of the carling stand.The famous Muzzy Izzet Karate Kick celebration... Heskey's backheel to claridge when we beat Man U in the league cup. Marshall scoring twice on a saturday lunchtime to draw with Man Utd. Oh my days... that was a great season. Oh yeah. ANd winning the league cup. Dammit

We will be there again one day.

Gotta go with the 96/97 season myself. I hadn't been a fan for long at the time - until around 94 I wasn't really too much into football at all (used to play at school at lunch and what have you, but never really paid any attention to the professional game).

Then when I decided footy was for me, I decided to support Leicester since I was born in the county. My classmates didn't approve, because I was living in Derbyshire at the time :P

Knowing we were written off as crashing out of the league before we'd even kicked a ball, and going on to finish so well was just an incredible feeling. Winning a cup that year was the icing on the cake.

All the more enjoyable as a lone fox surrounded by Sheep :thumbup:

1996/97 simply for overcoming all the odds and obsticles set in our way and being a joy to watch. Another favourite of mine was 1991/92 Brian Littles first season, it was the first real taste in a long while of winning on a regular basis and a first ever trip to Wembley for me and a lot of people of my generation - happy Days :cry::D

99/00. Started to really show that we could become one of the best teams in England, had money coming in, rumours of a new ground, etc. Collymore signed, we won another cup, Izzet and Elliott were superb that season.

It all went to pt after that, but at the time it was the most enjoyable season for me.

96-97 without a doubt. Being able to really trouble teams like Arsenal when we had been so crap with Little / Mcghee 2 years before. Had a season ticket front row of the carling stand.The famous Muzzy Izzet Karate Kick celebration... Heskey's backheel to claridge when we beat Man U in the league cup. Marshall scoring twice on a saturday lunchtime to draw with Man Utd. Oh my days... that was a great season. Oh yeah. ANd winning the league cup. Dammit

We will be there again one day.

Arsenal didn't beat us that year we took 4 points off them :o:whistle:

95-96 - it was the first season when I was able to travel to all the away games. It had everything, wins, losses, draws, getting drunk, a big, bad villain, controversy, and to top it all off, a win at Wembley!!

Archived