Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Kevin McNaughton

I have heard that this left back from Aberdeen is to leave in the summer on a bosman. We were linked with him before the end of the transfer window and from what i've read it is an English club he'll be going to. Let's hope it's us because from what i've seen and read about him he's fairly talented. Not the finished article but he's young and fits the bill.

No doubt he'll go and sign for someone else now, but it could be us?

I have heard that this left back from Aberdeen is to leave in the summer on a bosman. We were linked with him before the end of the transfer window and from what i've read it is an English club he'll be going to. Let's hope it's us because from what i've seen and read about him he's fairly talented. Not the finished article but he's young and fits the bill.

No doubt he'll go and sign for someone else now, but it could be us?

Wouldnt cost to much in wages, and he could do a job in the championship IMO, lets hope it is us. I think we should be selling Nissa if so. Bet he would fetch a bit and he earns a packet.

Wouldnt cost to much in wages, and he could do a job in the championship IMO, lets hope it is us. I think we should be selling Nissa if so. Bet he would fetch a bit and he earns a packet.

I agree. I doubt he's that happy at us anyway, another season in the championship at left back. Not his cup of tea one bit.

Whats wrong with Nissa??? I dont think hes a flying full back by any means but i've thought since Kelly (LEGEND) came in, he has been pretty handy at left back. He showed some lovely skill to jink inside and pass to Joey to set up the winner against Hull.

I think we should concentrate on other positions first - like the wings! We need a quality winger for both sides IMO.

Whats wrong with Nissa??? I dont think hes a flying full back by any means but i've thought since Kelly (LEGEND) came in, he has been pretty handy at left back. He showed some lovely skill to jink inside and pass to Joey to set up the winner against Hull.

I think we should concentrate on other positions first - like the wings! We need a quality winger for both sides IMO.

Nissa's alright, he does a job at left back but if we could get a better one then i'd do it. Plus he's even said himself he doesn't really like playing left back and likes to play at centre half. Well he's not any better than McCarthy, Kisnorbo or Gerrbrand so he's never going to play where he wants to.

If your looking to improve the team you have to start with getting rid of Nissa, he's done alright at Left Back but we could get much better, he's sale would fetch a fair amount, he's probabley on a fairly big wage comapred to most of Levein Signings and we could do without him. It's as Tharcian says just because were winning a few games doesn't mean we should stop improving the team. Left back is still a problem as even if Nissa has improved slightly, he's still never going to dart up the wings a whip a ball in is he.

Nissa's alright, he does a job at left back but if we could get a better one then i'd do it. Plus he's even said himself he doesn't really like playing left back and likes to play at centre half. Well he's not any better than McCarthy, Kisnorbo or Gerrbrand so he's never going to play where he wants to.

It's fair to say that he's about as good as them. He played in the centre with Paddy Mac against Tottenham and did a great job, didn't he? If he's happy as long as he's playing, then we've done well to keep 3 quality centrebacks on our books. I'm more worried about Gerrbrand wanting to leave though...

If your looking to improve the team you have to start with getting rid of Nissa, he's done alright at Left Back but we could get much better, he's sale would fetch a fair amount, he's probabley on a fairly big wage comapred to most of Levein Signings and we could do without him. It's as Tharcian says just because were winning a few games doesn't mean we should stop improving the team. Left back is still a problem as even if Nissa has improved slightly, he's still never going to dart up the wings a whip a ball in is he.

Agreed, even though I do like him, the left back role these days are just as important in defence as in attack, although he does add height to our back line but if he's not happy and he's not going to get to play in his preffered position then maybe he should go!!! I suppose this will judge how Kelly percieves his team to be and how ambitious he is!!!

It's fair to say that he's about as good as them. He played in the centre with Paddy Mac against Tottenham and did a great job, didn't he? If he's happy as long as he's playing, then we've done well to keep 3 quality centrebacks on our books. I'm more worried about Gerrbrand wanting to leave though...

His lack of pace let's him down, something McCarthy, Gerrbrand and Kisnorbo don't suffer with. He's not a bad player, more than good enough for this level at centre half but as we have as good if not better centre halfs then I would try and sell. But as you say, Gerrbrand might also be unhappy and i'd not want to lose both.

Gerrbrand looked to be very classy earlier in the season, he must take his chance over the easter period.

Well if Gerrbrand wants to leave fair enough, see ya later paddy we will keep Nissa if you really want to go. If were going to go after a proper left back ( which really do need to ) Were going to have, Paddy K Paddy G Paddy MC, Nissa and Stearmen ( all of whom call themselves centre halfs ) assuming were not going to sign old man Breveat we will have Sheehan and a new leftback, and Maybury. One needs to go, we're not Chelsea we can't afford the luxery of a massive squad.

Well if Gerrbrand wants to leave fair enough, see ya later paddy we will keep Nissa if you really want to go. If were going to go after a proper left back ( which really do need to ) Were going to have, Paddy K Paddy G Paddy MC, Nissa and Stearmen ( all of whom call themselves centre halfs ) assuming were not going to sign old man Breveat we will have Sheehan and a new leftback, and Maybury. One needs to go, we're not Chelsea we can't afford the luxery of a massive squad.

Is Sheehan good enough in your opinion to be our first choice left back? I think so, but not sure whether Kelly does.

Is Sheehan good enough in your opinion to be our first choice left back? I think so, but not sure whether Kelly does.

I think so, definatley not based on his last first team performance however. IMO one of the few mistakes Kelly has made is not giving the lad a decent run in the team to find out if he's good enough....I know he's been injured and fair enough he had a mare against Crewe, now we're safe and he's fit again I would like to see Sheehan play a few games, we're going to need a new LB regardless though even if Sheehan breaks through were going to need cover of a fairly high standerd.

I think so, definatley not based on his last first team performance however. IMO one of the few mistakes Kelly has made is not giving the lad a decent run in the team to find out if he's good enough....I know he's been injured and fair enough he had a mare against Crewe, now we're safe and he's fit again I would like to see Sheehan play a few games, we're going to need a new LB regardless though even if Sheehan breaks through were going to need cover of a fairly high standerd.

I agree. If Sheehan can get himself fit enough for the last 5 games then Kelly should play him, it will determine whether we need a new left back or not. Sheehan looks good enough to me, but he's never had more than the odd appearance to impress. Attacking wise he's the best we could attract, defensively he's more than good enough and he will improve. Plus his set pieces very good, something we've lacked for a long time.

I agree. If Sheehan can get himself fit enough for the last 5 games then Kelly should play him, it will determine whether we need a new left back or not. Sheehan looks good enough to me, but he's never had more than the odd appearance to impress. Attacking wise he's the best we could attract, defensively he's more than good enough and he will improve. Plus his set pieces very good, something we've lacked for a long time.

The question to ask about any potential recruit whether from Aberdeen or anywhere else is not whether they can do a job in the CCC but are they Premiership material in the making?

The question to ask about any potential recruit whether from Aberdeen or anywhere else is not whether they can do a job in the CCC but are they Premiership material in the making?

I've only seen him once or twice, but he was billed as one of Scotland's best youngsters but so were Canero and Hughes and both have found it hard at this level (although Canero did look good in the premiership I thought).

I've only seen him once or twice, but he was billed as one of Scotland's best youngsters but so were Canero and Hughes and both have found it hard at this level (although Canero did look good in the premiership I thought).

Canero suffered ALOT with injuries, but looked class when ever he played, he obviously upset levein and was promptly booted out last summer.

i say we should blood 2-3 youngsters, such as dodds, logan and porter now we're mathmatically safe but i suggested that before and was shouted down on here

Canero suffered ALOT with injuries, but looked class when ever he played, he obviously upset levein and was promptly booted out last summer.

i say we should blood 2-3 youngsters, such as dodds, logan and porter now we're mathmatically safe but i suggested that before and was shouted down on here

Not by me you didn't, i'd be more than happy to see those 3 given a chance.

He was a Dundee till January

he then signed for the New York METROSTARS

Unless he's learned how to Ice Skate and i've not herd about it.

Why has Canero gone there? I would have him back if we could get him and if he would come. He'd be perfect for the right wing spot, even if he is more of a full-back. He certainly was alot more comfortable in that role for us in the premiership than Maybury looks for us. I remember watching him play for Scotland when their attacking midfielder got injured and Canero was bought on to play just behind the strikers and he was amazing. I've always wondered what happened between Canero and Levein, considering they were both sweaties he certainly had it in for him.

Archived