Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

next seasons' midfield

with the season nearly over, it's obvious that we will need to have a new midfield next season; but who'll be in it? wesso for sure, but williams looks even less bothered than before (after a good 1st half vs cov). joey will be gone, we need a right winger/ right sided midfielder, welsh just looks a bit light weight and hughes has looked very out of sorts since he's come back.

Williams needs to ship up or ship out as does Hughes, both came with great reputaions but have failed to deliver which is very disappointing, Welsh, I think will go back to Sunderland, hes not that good. Weso apparently wont be ready until September so basically our priority is to find three or four midfielders from somewhere. Good luck with that Rob :unsure:

new signing / wesolowski / hughes / maybury

that could be a decent midfield in this division however it all depends if hughes repeats the form of his 1st season here. not sure who a new left winger could be though as welsh has not really impressed IMO

The only one I would keep of our current midfield is Wesoloski. The rest can go, but Williams I would keep as back up and the way Rob was talking yesterday he sounds like he is going to keep Maybury on the right. Doesn't bother me too much as he brings out the best in Stearman.

We need two new wingers and a defensive midfielder to replace Joey until Weso is back and then Williams and hughes competing for the Centre Mid role.

I don't think we should stick to using Maybury as a right winger I think we should keep him as cover for Stearman, we need wingers that will stay wide and make space instead of drifting like our current ones.

It bothers me. I not against an interchanging player on the right (I even suggested it once during Levein's time but with Stearman as forward man) but we cannot sacrifice the goals potential from that position, or the potential creativity we might have. Maybury has scored once and, although he had an important assist yesterday, he doesn't make too many either.

If our team is going to be successful, somewhere we need another 20 goals next season. Some of them will have to come from midfield, together with more assists. It is not what Maybury does in midfield which limits us, it is what he doesn't do.

We certainly need two out and out wingers for the right and left flanks. In the central we need a midfield GENERAL, someone to boss it around, give it presense and HEART. I think williams will prosper more from playing with some like this. Maybury should be kept as backup player for stearman and not the midfield. Most of all any player we do sign for the right/left back and right/left midfield have to posses pace. We are to slow at counter-attacking and need more pace in the team

Williams in recent games has shown promise but he needs a major kick up the arse to become a regular next season. He has that ability to unlock defences , which he we saw against Preston. If Rob Kelly can get conistancy out of him next season then him and Wesso could be enough to hold there own in the top 10. But we do need another central midfielder , somebody like Mahon from Watford - I know he's getting on and people would'nt be keen on him coming here , but we need someone that can get stuck in and will give 110%.

We deffo need two new wingers. Im afraid Hughes needs to be played in the middle or let go , 'cos he simply aint good enough to play Left or Right wing. Sylla can get focked off along with Hammil.

Just look at that Whaley at Preston what a signing he was from Bury , we need to be looking at players like that from lower league sides.

Williams in recent games has shown promise but he needs a major kick up the arse to become a regular next season. He has that ability to unlock defences , which he we saw against Preston. If Rob Kelly can get conistancy out of him next season then him and Wesso could be enough to hold there own in the top 10. But we do need another central midfielder , somebody like Mahon from Watford - I know he's getting on and people would'nt be keen on him coming here , but we need someone that can get stuck in and will give 110%.

We deffo need two new wingers. Im afraid Hughes needs to be played in the middle or let go , 'cos he simply aint good enough to play Left or Right wing. Sylla can get focked off along with Hammil.

Just look at that Whaley at Preston what a signing he was from Bury , we need to be looking at players like that from lower league sides.

If Portsmouth stay up then the midfielder we need is Richard Hughes. He's hardly getting a sniff there and is pissed off that's he's been overlooked by some mediocre foreigners. I know he's been picked for the past 2 games but if they do stay up then Redknapp will splash the cash again and Hughes could slip out the back door for a nominal fee. Very under-rated and a great foil for Wesolowski and Williams. Rumour had it that we nearly got him on loan last season, might be bollocks though.

If Portsmouth stay up then the midfielder we need is Richard Hughes. He's hardly getting a sniff there and is pissed off that's he's been overlooked by some mediocre foreigners. I know he's been picked for the past 2 games but if they do stay up then Redknapp will splash the cash again and Hughes could slip out the back door for a nominal fee. Very under-rated and a great foil for Wesolowski and Williams. Rumour had it that we nearly got him on loan last season, might be bollocks though.

I agree , he would be the perfect midfield back up for Weso and Williams. Also Andy Johnson from WBA , he's out of contract end of season and will be leaving , we should take a look at him.

Williams needs to ship up or ship out as does Hughes, both came with great reputaions but have failed to deliver which is very disappointing, Welsh, I think will go back to Sunderland, hes not that good. Weso apparently wont be ready until September so basically our priority is to find three or four midfielders from somewhere. Good luck with that Rob :unsure:

Agreed :thumbup:

Moan U, Chealski and Arsenal perhaps have a good loanee in them. But after Smith im not sure. Plus in centre mid we definitely need some experience.

Agreed :thumbup:

Moan U, Chealski and Arsenal perhaps have a good loanee in them. But after Smith im not sure. Plus in centre mid we definitely need some experience.

what do you mean by ''But after Smith im not sure'' I thought smith had potential??

what do you mean by ''But after Smith im not sure'' I thought smith had potential??

It's all good having the potential, but to actually make the potential into success is a different story, Leicester have had some many"potentially class players" on their books e.g, Arran Butcher, Martin Reeves etc, but where are they now?

Leicester have had some many"potentially class players" on their books e.g, Arran Butcher, Martin Reeves etc, but where are they now?

I don't think they were ever rated as highly as the likes of Stearman, Weso and O'Grady.

Reeves is at Nuneaton Borough and I think Aaron Butcher is playing for Oadby Town.

I don't think they were ever rated as highly as the likes of Stearman, Weso and O'Grady.

Reeves is at Nuneaton Borough and I think Aaron Butcher is playing for Oadby Town.

I knew where they were! I was just implying that the "talent" they had is now being used at these non-league clubs, which to be honest aren't really setting the world alight.

As folk will know I was always concerned at how much the youngsters under Micky Adams were being held back during their time here, they never got rewards for their good form and progress. That must have an effect on their career, spending 10 or more years in our academy and then leaving the club at say 21 without making a single first team appearance, not even sent out on loan. It's bound to have a negative effect on their future in football.

Now things have improved, but there are still a couple of players that we should be doing more for - Dodds, and Porter. I think both are 19/20 so they should have been sent out on loan by now if they're not ready. O'Grady is the perfect example why, he's come back a much improved, stronger player, that's ready for first team football.

As folk will know I was always concerned at how much the youngsters under Micky Adams were being held back during their time here, they never got rewards for their good form and progress. That must have an effect on their career, spending 10 or more years in our academy and then leaving the club at say 21 without making a single first team appearance, not even sent out on loan. It's bound to have a negative effect on their future in football.

Now things have improved, but there are still a couple of players that we should be doing more for - Dodds, and Porter. I think both are 19/20 so they should have been sent out on loan by now if they're not ready. O'Grady is the perfect example why, he's come back a much improved, stronger player, that's ready for first team football.

thats a little unfair on micky adams, apparentley my friend who was playing regurley for the reserves said he never had a problem with micky, it was the club situation not beinga able to offer full contracts so so many youngsters where let go, apparentley alot to do with dave basset

thats a little unfair on micky adams, apparentley my friend who was playing regurley for the reserves said he never had a problem with micky, it was the club situation not beinga able to offer full contracts so so many youngsters where let go, apparentley alot to do with dave basset

How is it??

Look at how far our players from the academy who have broke through to the first team are doing!

Adams was reluctant to play anyone but his own signings.

Archived