Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc66

Ideas for Players for 2006/7 HERE -

Bullen stays amid exodus at Owls

Bullen has been handed a contract extension at Hillsborough

Sheffield Wednesday captain Lee Bullen has agreed a one-year contract extension, but midfielder Jon-Paul McGovern has been released.

Drissa Diallo and Ritchie Partridge are also being released, while Craig Rocastle and Patrick Collins have been made available for transfer.

BBC Radio Sheffield also reports that keeper David Lucas has been offered an extended deal to recover from injury.

But the future of forward David Graham will be decided after the play-offs.

Graham is currently on loan at League One play-off contenders Huddersfield.

Bullen, 35, signed for Sheffield Wednesday from Dunfermline in 2004 and went on to skipper the Owls.

McGovern also made the trip south of the border when he joined the club in 2004 from Livingston.

He made 57 appearances and netted eight times.

I think McGovern is OK, we could do better though thats for sure.

I thought he was excellant on loan at the end of 04/05 season,

Free transfer could replace kisnorbo if he leaves or play left back

Sign him up!!!!!

As someone else pointed out - Kenton is a RIGHT SIDED defender - if we sign him as a left back, he'd be competing with Maybury as a right back who doesn't know what his left foot is for and just can't hack it on the left side of defence.

As I said on another thread, does the (possible - I emphasise !) signing of Kenton mean Stearman could be on his way ? If so, I think Kenton would be an OK replacement - as said elsewhere, he's free and we know about him (he did all right with us before, I think ?). I agree he could also double up as centre back - why not, go for him !

I know Kenton was a very decent player for us, but southampton fans think he is cack and has been since he went back to them... and if he's been told to leave on a free then it can't be a minority that think it.

I just wondered what people thought if city were to make a move for either Darren Kenton or Jim Brennan who are both utility defenders and are not getting contracts at Soton. Kenton seemed alright when he was at us on loan last season and Brennan has good experience!

I just wondered whether you could ask that question again because I love reading people ask the same question numerous times in one day.

It's like a Kinder Surprise for me this Kenton debate.

I just wondered whether you could ask that question again because I love reading people ask the same question numerous times in one day.

It's like a Kinder Surprise for me this Kenton debate.

I don't want to change the subject too much mid-thread but I've just heard from my uncle who works in the game that Darren Kenton might well be released on a free by Saints... Does anyone think we should make a move for him?

I don't want to change the subject too much mid-thread but I've just heard from my uncle who works in the game that Darren Kenton might well be released on a free by Saints... Does anyone think we should make a move for him?

He may be an option but I've also heard there's a D Kenton being released from some southern club, what about him?

Anybody heard that McCauly of Lincoln's available on a free?

Archived