Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Why do Chelsea sing about us?

My girlfriend is a huge Chelsea fan and when they visit Stamford Bridge, the Chelski fans sing ...

"We all follow the Chelsea,

Over land and sea...

AND LEICESTER" !!

Heard it during the Blackburn game last night??

Why do they sing about us ??? I still HATE EM even before Abramovich came in cos of THAT penalty in 1996 FA Cup Quarter-Final that SHOULDN'T have been given.

:devil:

My girlfriend is a huge Chelsea fan and when they visit Stamford Bridge, the Chelski fans sing ...

Over land and sea...

AND LEICESTER" !!

Why do they sing about us ??? I still HATE EM even before Abramovich came in cos of THAT penalty in 1996 FA Cup Quarter-Final that SHOULDN'T have been given.

the same could be said when we sing

"We all follow the Leicester,

Over land and sea...

AND CHELSEA" !!

something to do with riots during the 70's/ 80's between the 2 clubs around London and it apparently brought the 2 sets of fans together. sure i heard this, could be a dream though.

Sure I read that on a forum. Maybe this one.

Story I heard (many years back) was that because Leicester have no immediate local rivals - some clubs felt sorry for us and started tagging And Leicester onto some of their hate songs - In the style of We hate Bradford City, we hate Bradford too, and Leicester

Mostly it was clubs from lower leagues

True or not? - I have no idea

PS I am currently a closet Bradford fan :ph34r: due to their crucial role in deciding the outcome of the League 1 play-offs contenders tomorrow

sky is a must have..

we have now had 3 reasons for them singing about us.

1) they felt sorry for us :S

2) sign on the m1 "the north and leicester"

3) trouble between the 2 sets of fans in the 80s ie leicester taking the shed them taking the kop or something.

which is the truth? :unsure:

something to do with riots during the 70's/ 80's between the 2 clubs around London and it apparently brought the 2 sets of fans together. sure i heard this, could be a dream though.

That's pretty much it. One boxing day 'the Leicester Mob' to kethe Shed at Stamford bridge, apparently there weren't many Leicester but because of their success the Chelsea mob had a lot of respect for us and that's why we're included in some of their songs. Same story as why we sing Hark now here.

That's pretty much it. One boxing day 'the Leicester Mob' to kethe Shed at Stamford bridge, apparently there weren't many Leicester but because of their success the Chelsea mob had a lot of respect for us and that's why we're included in some of their songs. Same story as why we sing Hark now here.

Hardly ever sang now!!

ah well....

Hark now here the Leicester sing,

'cos Chelsea ran awaaaay,

And we will fight forver more,

Because of boxing day!!

Over land and sea...

AND LEICESTER" !!

Arsenal Fans sing the same song as well. Apparantly it was sort of dig at Filbert Street meaning it was a bit rubbish!

Hardly ever sang now!!

ah well....

Hark now here the Leicester sing,

'cos Chelsea ran awaaaay,

And we will fight forver more,

Because of boxing day!!

to be fair it would be a bit strange to sing it aprat from around christmas

Archived