Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Owen Hargreaves

Didnt Sven watch him the other day for Bayern Munchen? And the best is i think he set up a goal! Does anyone think this guy is any good? I personally think he is awful and Carrick is a MILLION 1,000,000 x better than him! Or am i missing something and he is actually good? What does everyone think. Honestly, if he goes to the World Cup i will support Trinidad and Tobago

i've never seen him play a full 90 minutes, so i don't feel as though i can comment on him. everytime i watch a game that he's part of he just comes on as a sub for the last 20/30 mins or something so i haven't been able to form a proper opinion. from what i have seen it hasn't impressed me at all.

Didnt Sven watch him the other day for Bayern Munchen? And the best is i think he set up a goal! Does anyone think this guy is any good? I personally think he is awful and Carrick is a MILLION 1,000,000 x better than him! Or am i missing something and he is actually good? What does everyone think. Honestly, if he goes to the World Cup i will support Trinidad and Tobago

I agree with you, he's cack!

i've never seen him play a full 90 minutes, so i don't feel as though i can comment on him. everytime i watch a game that he's part of he just comes on as a sub for the last 20/30 mins or something so i haven't been able to form a proper opinion. from what i have seen it hasn't impressed me at all.

You'd do well to see him play more then that Bayern use him as a utitly man, they literally play him anywhere they need him (on the bench most of the time).

He's not as bad as people make out, as those of us who actually attempt to follow european football will know he can play well at Budasliga level. I wouldn't take him though.

Think the lad's greatly under-rated to be honest. While I agree that Nolan and Carrick are better players and I wouldn't have Hargreaves in my starting line up, I'd still probably have him in the squad if I was Sven. He offers solidity and a good, honest work ethic. Sometimes you need a player who can sit and do that.

On a side note, "You're Welsh and you know you are" = Brilliant chant.

The worrying thing is apparently Sven's squad is pretty much decided (Carrick is already in) apart from a straight choice between Hargreaves or Jenas.

I'd take Jenas ANY day of the week thank you very much but I bet Sven will stick with Hargreaves.

The worrying thing is apparently Sven's squad is pretty much decided (Carrick is already in) apart from a straight choice between Hargreaves or Jenas.

I'd take Jenas ANY day of the week thank you very much but I bet Sven will stick with Hargreaves.

I have to agree.

Jermaine Jenas is underated I reckon. Where as Hargreaves is overated!

Your probably right bout Sven , he'll end up takin' his love child Hargreaves :yawn:

Jenas is miles better than Hargreaves.

Hargreaves is simply shit, I and everyone I've spoke to have never understood his selection for the countless England squads.

Jenas is miles better than Hargreaves.

Hargreaves is simply shit, I and everyone I've spoke to have never understood his selection for the countless England squads.

In his defence I have seen him have some amazing performances for Bayern... i've not watch them this year though.

In his defence I have seen him have some amazing performances for Bayern... i've not watch them this year though.

that's it though isn't it!!

you are always going to rate a player that you see on a regular basis Jenas against someone like Hargreaves who to be honest I have never seen play for Bayern!!! if it was all down to how they perform when they play for England then Beckham wouldn't be in the starting 11 for me but people then say well he's been awesome for Madrid this year!! you can't have it both ways!!

Archived