Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Champions League Final Thread

No, if he had played advantage, he could've only booked Lehmann. Letter of the law. I think the criticism is a bit harsh. He's admitted that he made a mistake, that he whistled too early. It didn't ruin the final anyway I think. The game went pretty much as expected. One could argue that Lehmann would've saved either one or both of Barca's goals, but it was silly of him to take Eto'o down.

Looking at many of the replays, Hauge didn't have many easy calls to make. They were nearly ALL 50-50's. I, too, thought that the first Barca goal was offside, but I have to admit the replays were inconclusive. Oh, and I was a little annoyed that they did not show a slow-mo of Ronaldinho's pass to Eto'o that led to Lehmann's red card, as that looked offside too.

And to the person hoping he won't be in the WC, you can rest assured. He wasn't selected by FIFA for this year's WC as he was too old I think!

Second goal was Almunia OG if you ask me as I think it was going wide. Barce's goal was offside, but as far im concerned its just deserts after Eboue's tripple roll and pike leading to Arsenals goal.

Unfortunately living in Manchester you have to put up with a lot of Manchester United glory hunters

...not as many as if you lived further South, their number increase exponentially the closer you get to celebrities in London.

You do relise if he had played advantage, techincally by the letter of the law he should let the goal stand. Then pull it back and send Lehmann off for the challenge.

That is incorrect. If he played advantage then the goal scoring opportunity would not have been denied (the word used in FIFA's rules) and hence not a red card. Although it was an extremely tough decision to make in a split second, it ruined the match.

That is incorrect. If he played advantage then the goal scoring opportunity would not have been denied (the word used in FIFA's rules) and hence not a red card. Although it was an extremely tough decision to make in a split second, it ruined the match.

I don't know its the intent isn't that counts isn't it, he has still denied Eto'o a goal, Giuly's just pounced on the rebound creating a second scoring oppurtunity. I dunno he'd blown his whistle straight away, :ermm: Ultimatley its just a howler from Jens Lehmann.

How many English players will Barca be playing then, numbskull?

Come on Arsenal.. do us proud and stick two fingers up at the wankers cheering Barca on.

None, but Arsenal or the "English" team with only two :blink: English players. We've been through this before I hate Arsenal you obviously don't mind them, I will praise Arsenal/Arsene Wenger for actually playing 2 english players last night though because it's rare you see it. Well Done, To be honest I would still hate Arsenal even if they did have more English players because for some reason Arsenal are just a team I hate and would love/do love to see fail (Which doesn't happen very often) and prehaps it does envolve abit of jealousy, e.t.c, but at the same time I don't hate Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool the same way infact I wouldn't say I hate any of those 3 teams at all, And the "Foreign"/"Arsenal - Not English" just adds spice and more of an arguement for my hate of Arsenal.

Anyway Barca stuck to fingers up at Arsenal and good!

At the same time Henry/English press fair enough other teams do dive, but did Eboue's "freekick" leading to Arsenals first goal slip your mind? Maybe(:unsure::huh:) Arsenal do deserve abit of luck after the diving against them this season but its ok for Arsenal to do it and get a goal out of it when Arsenal and Arsenal players slag other teams off for doing it?

Also if any other player/manager slag a ref off in an interview they get fined/punished but if its Henry its classed as "Heat of the moment" and they let him off!

Second goal was Almunia OG if you ask me as I think it was going wide. Barce's goal was offside, but as far im concerned its just deserts after Eboue's tripple roll and pike leading to Arsenals goal.

It was a difficult shot (second goal) to deal with in those conditions. It was blasted straight at his leg. Lehmann might have positioned himself better though, had he been on. I think it's fair to say that replays of Barcas first were inconclusive. If indeed he was offside, it could only have been by a few centimeters, in which case, I'd give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen a good replay of the pass that led to Lehmann's red card. Can anyone who's looked at it confirm whether or not it was offside? It seemed at least as tight as Barca's first goal situation.

It was a difficult shot (second goal) to deal with in those conditions. It was blasted straight at his leg. Lehmann might have positioned himself better though, had he been on. I think it's fair to say that replays of Barcas first were inconclusive. If indeed he was offside, it could only have been by a few centimeters, in which case, I'd give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen a good replay of the pass that led to Lehmann's red card. Can anyone who's looked at it confirm whether or not it was offside? It seemed at least as tight as Barca's first goal situation.

There first goal was offside mate im sure, I know it was tight and his body was sort of level, but his right boot was a good half a yard off, and we all know the new rule dont we :rolleyes: ( ridicolous )

I dunno about Lehmans sending off. Like I say its all swings and roundabouts, Arsenal can't moan Eboue's dive was a disgrace.

None, but Arsenal or the "English" team with only two :blink: English players. We've been through this before I hate Arsenal you obviously don't mind them, I will praise Arsenal/Arsene Wenger for actually playing 2 english players last night though because it's rare you see it. Well Done, To be honest I would still hate Arsenal even if they did have more English players because for some reason Arsenal are just a team I hate and would love/do love to see fail (Which doesn't happen very often) and prehaps it does envolve abit of jealousy, e.t.c, but at the same time I don't hate Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool the same way infact I wouldn't say I hate any of those 3 teams at all, And the "Foreign"/"Arsenal - Not English" just adds spice and more of an arguement for my hate of Arsenal.

Anyway Barca stuck to fingers up at Arsenal and good!

At the same time Henry/English press fair enough other teams do dive, but did Eboue's "freekick" leading to Arsenals first goal slip your mind? Maybe(:unsure::huh:) Arsenal do deserve abit of luck after the diving against them this season but its ok for Arsenal to do it and get a goal out of it when Arsenal and Arsenal players slag other teams off for doing it?

Also if any other player/manager slag a ref off in an interview they get fined/punished but if its Henry its classed as "Heat of the moment" and they let him off!

Well put, I feel exactly the same. I just don't like Arsenal. But if I hated Man U that'd be okay!! :dunno:

I like you especially detest the press's ridiculous adoration of them, no matter what happens they always seem to get possitive press.

Also how many time have We (and many smaller clubs) played Arsenal and been on the recieving end of crap decisions, it's about time Arsenal found out what's it's like to be the 'small' club!!

There first goal was offside mate im sure, I know it was tight and his body was sort of level, but his right boot was a good half a yard off, and we all know the new rule dont we :rolleyes: ( ridicolous )

I dunno about Lehmans sending off. Like I say its all swings and roundabouts, Arsenal can't moan Eboue's dive was a disgrace.

Indeed, Arsenal can have few complaints. Lehmann messed up, and yet they had their chances to win the game. I trust you've seen the video of the equaliser a few more times than me, so I'll take your word for it. It was a very very difficult offside to spot at first.

' date='May 19 2006, 12:15 AM' post='317748']

Ashley Cole played Eto'o onside for the sending off.

Thanks for that :)

Archived