Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Champions League Final Thread

Wtfs that "music" that plays at the end of a barcelona win in the stadium?if i was a barca fan id cringe everytime i heard that.Sounds like a german ompah band or summut.Must be there anthem.

I thought our new trendy mix of the post horn gallop was gay.

Cant stand Itvs coverage myself.Makes me laugh how the experts(no sarcasm there) stand at the side of a pitch before the game,whats the point in that?tossers.Perfer sky or bbc.Hated the premership when that was on,im mean,who wants to hear what barry venison,andy townsend,alley mc coist and the biggest joke robbie earle had to say?

Auntie Beeb are falling way behind. Claire Balding - nope. Hazel Irving - meh...nope. Where's Suzi Perry when we need her? Can they not give her Angola's qualifying group, or something?

Come on Auntie Beeb! Put out!

Unlucky Arsenal. Go on Thierry - have another season in Blighty, please?

That's a good call Mark, how gutted must Senderos be feeling right now?

You'll be able to be a witness this summer at the WC 2006 in Germany, when we play France, South Korea and Togo in the opening round of the tournament.

Senderos is quality.

I was really angered watching tonight's match, not because of the way it was played or the incidents but because of the company I was with. Unfortunately living in Manchester you have to put up with a lot of Manchester United glory hunters. But tonight really annoyed me. In the room I was sitting in was a foreign student (not Spanish) who supposedly supports Chelsea and went mental when Barca scored. Secondly I was sat next to a Man U fan who told me at the beginning he would remain impartial and would support the team who played the better football. However 2 mins into the game when Henry missed that glorious chance he was cheering and slagging off Arsenal. Then he accuses them of diving and cheating throughout the whole match (mate have you ever watched Cristiano Ronaldo). My point is that I think that we should all support the English teams, it really pisses me off when Man U and other fans support the foreign clubs just because they are jealous of their success. I will always support the English teams in Europe* cos thats how it should be (we might as well be watching England) and I supported Man U during their Champions League victory. These fans are just jealous but they way they rubbed it in about how crap Arsenal were even though they got a hell of a lot further than any other British team this season. Anyway this all prompted me to support Arsenal tonight as if they were Leicester...good on you Arsenal. Sorry about the rant but it pissed me off.

*This is kinda a lie as I laughed this year when Man U got knocked out and finished 4th in their group but only because all the other teams progressed.

good rant. i remember back in 99 when man u won the cup, i really disliked man u at the time, but i supported them as if it was leicester on the night, i was jumping all over the place when they came back. if your english support the english sides! only spurs fans had an excuse tonight.

*This is kinda a lie as I laughed this year when Man U got knocked out and finished 4th in their group but only because all the other teams progressed.

That's fair enough. I'm happy to cheer on pretty much any English (or Scottish) side in Europe in a kind of not-that-arsed sort of way. I'd be happy to see Chelski win it, because they have some world class Englishmen, although that's not that important.

I can never, ever support Manchester United though. No way never.

That's fair enough. I'm happy to cheer on pretty much any English (or Scottish) side in Europe in a kind of not-that-arsed sort of way. I'd be happy to see Chelski win it, because they have some world class Englishmen, although that's not that important.

I can never, ever support Manchester United though. No way never.

Heh. Agreed.

Apart from Solsjkaer. What a hero.

I'm sorry but 20 mins in I feel that he should have let the goal stand and book lehman. If eto's stayed down or missed its a different story but as he went on lehman had not 'denied' the goal scoring opportunity. Ruined the match, even from a neutral perspective, what a tw a t that ref was.

The ref should've played advantage, simple as.

He looked out of his depth all night. UEFA should never have appointed him for such a showpiece event.

Hope he's not at the World Cup!

The ref should've played advantage, simple as.

He looked out of his depth all night. UEFA should never have appointed him for such a showpiece event.

Hope he's not at the World Cup!

You do relise if he had played advantage, techincally by the letter of the law he should let the goal stand. Then pull it back and send Lehmann off for the challenge.

You do relise if he had played advantage, techincally by the letter of the law he should let the goal stand. Then pull it back and send Lehmann off for the challenge.

No, if he had played advantage, he could've only booked Lehmann. Letter of the law. I think the criticism is a bit harsh. He's admitted that he made a mistake, that he whistled too early. It didn't ruin the final anyway I think. The game went pretty much as expected. One could argue that Lehmann would've saved either one or both of Barca's goals, but it was silly of him to take Eto'o down.

Looking at many of the replays, Hauge didn't have many easy calls to make. They were nearly ALL 50-50's. I, too, thought that the first Barca goal was offside, but I have to admit the replays were inconclusive. Oh, and I was a little annoyed that they did not show a slow-mo of Ronaldinho's pass to Eto'o that led to Lehmann's red card, as that looked offside too.

And to the person hoping he won't be in the WC, you can rest assured. He wasn't selected by FIFA for this year's WC as he was too old I think!

Archived