Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-season mapped out

Boss Maps Out Pre-Season

0,,10274~2893453,00.jpg

City boss Rob Kelly says he will be using the club's pre-season campaign as a 'dry run' for when it really matters on August 5.

The Foxes will face League Two sides Boston United, Macclesfield Town, Stockport County and Lincoln City as part of their warm up for the big kick-off.

And Kelly confirmed that his squad would be mirroring their usual Championship preparations for those fixtures as they look to hit the ground running come the start of the season proper.

He said: "We looked at it and decided to take the common sense approach to the pre-season campaign.

"We have kept the travelling to a minimum and we will be treating each game as we would any other Championship fixture.

"The idea is that we get as good a preparation as possible under our belts ahead of the rigorous 10-month campaign."

The Foxes will return from their summer break for pre-season training on July 3, and their first match is scheduled to take place on July 12 against Boston United at York Street. City will then travel to Moss Rose to face Macclesfield Town on July 18, before coming up against Stockport County at Edgeley Park three days. Kelly's men will then take on Lincoln City at Sincil Bank on July 24 to complete their fixtures against the League Two sides.

The close proximity of the games will allow Leicester fans to get a good glimpse of the side ahead of the Championship campaign. Kick off times and entrance prices will be confirmed nearer the dates.

Pre-season 2006-07

12/7 Boston United (a)

18/7 Macclesfield Town (a)

21/7 Stockport County (a)

24/7 Lincoln City (a)

29/7 Hinckley United (a)

Boss Maps Out Pre-Season

0,,10274~2893453,00.jpg

City boss Rob Kelly says he will be using the club's pre-season campaign as a 'dry run' for when it really matters on August 5.

The Foxes will face League Two sides Boston United, Macclesfield Town, Stockport County and Lincoln City as part of their warm up for the big kick-off.

And Kelly confirmed that his squad would be mirroring their usual Championship preparations for those fixtures as they look to hit the ground running come the start of the season proper.

He said: "We looked at it and decided to take the common sense approach to the pre-season campaign.

"We have kept the travelling to a minimum and we will be treating each game as we would any other Championship fixture.

"The idea is that we get as good a preparation as possible under our belts ahead of the rigorous 10-month campaign."

The Foxes will return from their summer break for pre-season training on July 3, and their first match is scheduled to take place on July 12 against Boston United at York Street. City will then travel to Moss Rose to face Macclesfield Town on July 18, before coming up against Stockport County at Edgeley Park three days. Kelly's men will then take on Lincoln City at Sincil Bank on July 24 to complete their fixtures against the League Two sides.

The close proximity of the games will allow Leicester fans to get a good glimpse of the side ahead of the Championship campaign. Kick off times and entrance prices will be confirmed nearer the dates.

Pre-season 2006-07

12/7 Boston United (a)

24/7 Lincoln City (a)

29/7 Hinckley United (a)

No tour this year then?

Any news on this PSV gig? Or is that the final list of friendlies?

I think they are waiting before they announce that and have just finalised all the 'away' games. We dont want the debarcle of last pre season hapenening again do we? We crapped all over Boston as well :angry:

Boss Maps Out Pre-Season

0,,10274~2893453,00.jpg

Pre-season 2006-07

12/7 Boston United (a)

24/7 Lincoln City (a)

29/7 Hinckley United (a)

Hopefully change the line-up a little bit! Play Hamill, you know it makes sense...

Any news on this PSV gig? Or is that the final list of friendlies?

Foxes Confirm Imps Date

Leicester City today added a further game to their 2006-07 pre-season friendly schedule.

The Foxes have already confirmed matches against Boston United, Stockport County, Macclesfield Town and Hinckley United as part of their build up to the upcoming campaign.

And the club has now revealed that a game against Lincoln City at Sincil Bank on Monday, July 24 has been added to the list.

Lincoln's campaign ended in disappointment last week when they fell to Grimsby Town in their play-off semi-final clash.

The Imps had finished their League Two season in seventh place - but failed at the knockout stage to gain promotion for the fourth season in a row.

The game will kick off at 7:45pm. Entrance prices will be confirmed at a later date.

Make sure you follow the official website over the coming weeks for the announcement of further dates for your diary.

Pre-season 2006-07

12/7 Boston United (a)

24/7 Lincoln City (a)

29/7 Hinckley United (a)

I think the bit in bold suggests that it will be announced at some point. It's already been agreed as far as I know.

I would like to play them again 2 :rolleyes:

Well that's two of us.

This could be a movement, an uprising, a force which hasn't been seen in the area since THE FOXES TRUST!

All we need is them onside.. then they can have a meeting about it and agree to do whatever the club was going to do anyway.

Well that's two of us.

This could be a movement, an uprising, a force which hasn't been seen in the area since THE FOXES TRUST!

All we need is them onside.. then they can have a meeting about it and agree to do whatever the club was going to do anyway.

Thats 3 of us actually, its the nearest and easiest ground to get to for me but the Posh always seem to have pre season friendlies with West Ham because of the Matthew Etherington deal. :thumbup:

Didn't Etherington go to Spurs from Posh then from Spurs to W Ham? Thought Etherington and Davies left at the same time from Posh to Spurs.

Either way, we should be playing the Posh.

Possibly but I think it was part of any sell on clause either way.

Yes we should be ruddy well playing them, we used to play Kettering every pre-season what happened to that?

0,,10274~2893453,00.jpg

Pre-season 2006-07

12/7 Boston United (a)

24/7 Lincoln City (a)

29/7 Hinckley United (a)

I'm, not going to Lincoln...the last time I was there I got dog poo on my shoe...that stuff hums. If I were Prime Minister I'd kill all the basturds.

Hmm...i wouldnt mind a friendly against Rushden and Diamonds or Posh! They are quite close, cant really make the others!

I'd prefer a set of West Midlands friendlies...I'd be able to travel my bike. There again the Championship is turning into a Midlands league anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's two of us.

Any progress on the LCFC TO PLAY POSH PRE-SEASON TPH/FOXESTRUST UNLIKELIEST OF ALLIANCES?

Come on!!

I want to do a weekend away and take in a pre season game. I'm limited to when I can do it cos of work. What do we reckon?

Archived