Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shez

Hume attacking midfielder!

I know a lot of people including myself know that hume is a striker! But with all his energy and never say die attitude he may also be ball winner for us in midfield and also he can run at players! If we dont manage to find a replacement for joey and if weslowski isnt ready!

Its not gonna happen but its an option!

Then we can play fryatt and o'grady up front!

I know a lot of people including myself know that hume is a striker! But with all his energy and never say die attitude he may also be ball winner for us in midfield and also he can run at players! If we dont manage to find a replacement for joey and if weslowski isnt ready!

Its not gonna happen but its an option!

Then we can play fryatt and o'grady up front!

I was always lead to believe he played on the wing until he came here.

I think he may have played a similar role for Tranmere at one point. It's an idea. Out of Hume and Fryatt, Fryatt seems to save his energy and play on the shoulders of the defenders whereas Hume does track back and goes looking for the ball. I think he could play behind Fryatt and O'Grady but I'm not sure if O'Grady is good enough to be used as a main striker. We've only seen him make brief appearances for the first team and I think he could be more effective when used this way rather than being used from the start.

Guest Gist

I like the idea of Hume playing there until Weso is back but I don't think O'Grady is quite ready yet but I might bewrong he has to make an impact sometime and theres no better way than starting regularly.

Look at Alan Smith and Eidur Gudjonsson. Both strikers until their manager decides to convert them in to a central midfielder and within a year or so they go from scoring regularly to rarely scoring and go right off the boil.

Hume is capable of playing behind the strikers but I wouldn't want to see him being played as deep as a central midfielder. If Rob were to change the formation to play a 4-3-1-2 then obviously Hume in the 'hole' would still maximise his talent but I can't see why anyone would want to break up the strike partnership next season of Hume and Fryatt. I think with abit more work in pre-season from the whole team to work to both of their strengths could lead to us having a 35-40+ goal haul between them.

i see hume more in the sheringham role or even given a free role, he's not an out and out striker but neither is he a central midfielder

So do I, although he's no where near as good as him he plays the role Rooney plays. Hume is capable of dropping deep and lurking around the panalty box prowling for a chance. He's a very difficult player to mark and Fryatt must love playing alongside him because they both compliment each other well in the roles they play. Sometimes Fryatt drops abit deep and Hume pushes forward and vice versa which unsettles defences.

So do I, although he's no where near as good as him he plays the role Rooney plays. Hume is capable of dropping deep and lurking around the panalty box prowling for a chance. He's a very difficult player to mark and Fryatt must love playing alongside him because they both compliment each other well in the roles they play. Sometimes Fryatt drops abit deep and Hume pushes forward and vice versa which unsettles defences.

yea and they're both good in the air concidering their lack of height

------------------Hendo?-------------

Maybury?---Paddy Mac---Kis---Nissa

???------???-------Williams-------???

--------------Hume-------------------

------Frytatt---------O'Grady--------

Beautiful.

That would make 12 players :P

Stearman---Paddy Mac---Kis---Nissa

---Maybury---Williams/Hughes?---Weso---------------

----------------------Hume----------------------------

-----------Frytatt---------O'Grady----------------

more like

Maybury?---Paddy Mac---Kis---Nissa

???------???-------Williams-------???

--------------Hume-------------------

------Frytatt---------O'Grady--------

Beautiful.

Thats a bit of a over statement considering we have a centre half playing left back, three players missing and a Austrlian Liabilty in goal. Plus Stearmen would probabley get the nod from me @ right back. Oh and there are 11 players in a football team not 12. Still fingers crossed for the summer.

That would make 12 players :P

Stearman---Paddy Mac---Kis---Nissa

---Maybury---Williams/Hughes?---Weso---------------

----------------------Hume----------------------------

-----------Frytatt---------O'Grady----------------

more like

Problem with that is ( much as I hate to sound like Thracian ) you do have absloutley no width, Nissa and Weso are more acustomed to central and defensive roles so the left sides looking pretty week going foward.

Besides if we're going to change formation, I think wing back approach would probabley be better. Stearmen on one side, new signing or Sheehan on the other.

I say get another player like Hume but maybe with more strength and play them down the wings with fryatt in the middle. so basically, play 3 up front! Not gonna happen though!

I say get another player like Hume but maybe with more strength and play them down the wings with fryatt in the middle. so basically, play 3 up front! Not gonna happen though!

There is no other player like Hume, he is unique. :cool:

Archived