Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

O'Neill set to be boro boss

Boro closing

in on O'Neill

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

MARTIN O'NEILL is in line to be Middlesbrough boss.

The former Celtic manager was at Boro's training ground yesterday for more talks along with top agent Steve Kutner.

link

I would of thought if he was coming to England he'd go for a bigger club when the position becomes available..

The problem is, the longer he waits for the "right" club, the more people will forget about him and doubt his ability because he'll have been out of the game for a while.

Sadly, even though MON deserves to get one of the Top 4 jobs (Man U, Arse, Liverpool, Chelsea), I don't think he will because they will go for foreign managers :mad:

I'm no great fan of Boro, mainly because their fans are so crap and fickle, but it's a stage where Martin can definetly succeed and get himself back into the minds of the big 4 because, as Anish said, his break isn't doing him many favours in that respect.

Boro have got the resources and emerging talent to maybe even challenge for a Champions League place and i wouldn't rule out MON getting them there, or certainly somewhere close. It'd be a good opportunity for him in fairness.

I personally think this is the perfect job for MON I am not a big Boro fan but we all now how MON hates being told what to do from the board and working with probably the best Chairman in the country will be perfect for him imo

At least he'd have the money available to bring in decent players. id of preferred him to have been offered the england job, but wherever he goes he'll make his team dependable and hardworking

My money's on him going to Sunderland,who he supported as a kid.Apparently he's meeting with the consortium trying to buy the club.Anyway,as long as its not Forest or Derby,I'm not too bothered.

My money's on him going to Sunderland,who he supported as a kid.Apparently he's meeting with the consortium trying to buy the club.Anyway,as long as its not Forest or Derby,I'm not too bothered.

Why would he go to sunderland? :rolleyes::blink: Theyve just gone down,if hes getting offerd premiership jobs hes not going to manage in the championship.....Odd :unsure:

Leicester

Sorry I disagree.

I can totally understand him leaving for Celtic, he enjoyed massive success there and I'm sure he'll be very proud of what he achieved, he then was forced to leave. Middlesborough are a Premiership team with a good financial backing and a nice stadium...with Leicester he had a Premiership team with nice stadium (if hed stayed) but little money.

Sorry I disagree.

I can totally understand him leaving for Celtic, he enjoyed massive success there and I'm sure he'll be very proud of what he achieved, he then was forced to leave. Middlesborough are a Premiership team with a good financial backing and a nice stadium...with Leicester he had a Premiership team with nice stadium (if hed stayed) but little money.

have to agree with you on thay one Ricey!!

everyone sees their own club as the biggest and best and although Boro only managed to get 12 fans for most of their European matches I can certainly see why MON could be attracted to Boro

have to agree with you on thay one Ricey!!

everyone sees their own club as the biggest and best and although Boro only managed to get 12 fans for most of their European matches I can certainly see why MON could be attracted to Boro

There support is crap considering there quite successful team :rolleyes:

Sorry I disagree.

Where did the £25 mill that Taylor wasted come from, Middlesbrough are on the rise at the moment but are still a very mediocre establishment, with poor crowds, no real pedigree, one trophy since 1876, they will return to the lower leagues from whence they came.

Until there's an official statement, i'm gonna believe nothing.

Agree. I can't believe MON would go for Boro. Why take a step down after Celtic? I know he has been out of the game for a while but we of all people know that this guy is a legend and given a big club could do incredible things.

If he goes to Boro he will do well for them but let's face it Boro will never win the Premiership and qualifying for the Champions League would be an achievement. MON should be managing one of the BIG clubs, here or abroad.

Archived