Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Will you buy the new kit?

Which represents your purchasing decision:  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which represents your purchasing decision?

• Bought last year's, will buy this year's
    • Did not buy last year's, will buy this year's
    • Bought last year's, will NOT buy this year's
    • Did not buy last year's, will NOT buy this year's

' date='Jun 3 2006, 07:49 AM' post='327844']

I can barely afford to make it to matches as it is, this 1 year deal can fack orf, especially when they don't bring the shirt out til June.

Not on sale to july though,i think they must be loosing money on it this year as its come out so late? :ermm:

The material of our kit is a joke untill that changes i will never buy regardless of design.

The only design ive liked since 90 was the black thunderbird style but again the material was a joke!

Are you serious? IMO its a condender for one of the worst!

Haven't bought last years or this years still wearing the on from before. Mainly cause of the one year cycle but also cause I dont really like this years 'cause the alliance and leicester thing looks like it was made by a 3 year old.

It hit the clubs pockets last season given the number of price cuts introduced to clear stock.

The club has took notice, the contract with JJB requires re-negotiation & we will continue to lobby for this, a boycott call is not going to make any clearer out thoughts on the one year cycle, this has been crystal clear to them from day one.

The big mistake was that they failed to sound us out prior to signing up to a one year cycle, we would certainly have stated to them then that commercially it would not be successful & it wasn't last year.

I'm no expert on contract (maybe Anish can help me out here?) but surely a contract is a contract and the only circumstance in which it could be renegotiated would be if there was a major change in circumstances that were in existence at the date the original contract is signed.

Unfortunately like so many recent poor decisions at the club I think is a case of "act first, think second" and those in charge will have to write it off as another harsh lesson learnt.

I think its fine to buy the new shirt if you genuinely like it!

BUT

If you don't, and you are just buying it because you feel obliged to, DON'T! If you support shoddy merchandise by buying it it only encourages the club to keep turfing it out. If they can't sell it, and they realise it is because the quality is lacking (because we let them know it), thay have no other option than to improve the quality.

I won't buy it on principle. And it's not because I don't like the design. Its because the quality is very poor.

I nearly bought last years when it was cheap. Then I realised I wouldn't wear it for long...I would just wear this one if a nice design won... A nice design did win! But they have failed to replicate it and as a result they have lost a sale.

I'm no expert on contract (maybe Anish can help me out here?) but surely a contract is a contract and the only circumstance in which it could be renegotiated would be if there was a major change in circumstances that were in existence at the date the original contract is signed.

Unfortunately like so many recent poor decisions at the club I think is a case of "act first, think second" and those in charge will have to write it off as another harsh lesson learnt.

A contract can be re-negotiated if both parties agree to it. It doesn't matter that it's signed, it's not set in stone. If both JJB and LCFC realise that they've made a huge cock up then they should get back to the negotiating table and resolve the issues, the major one clearly being the one year cycle and the poor sales.

Whether JJB and LCFC will do this and therefore admit failure is completely another thing.

A contract can be re-negotiated if both parties agree to it. It doesn't matter that it's signed, it's not set in stone. If both JJB and LCFC realise that they've made a huge cock up then they should get back to the negotiating table and resolve the issues, the major one clearly being the one year cycle and the poor sales.

Whether JJB and LCFC will do this and therefore admit failure is completely another thing.

Cheers for clearing that up mate :thumbup:

How much do I owe you for the legal advice? :ph34r:

What's the deal with the one year kit cycle? Do other teams do this?

I wouldn't have thought it's financially viable. How many people buy a new shirt every year?

Of course they do! Not doubt they'll all buy there teams new shirt though :rolleyes:

I buy a shirt every year, even if its a 2 year deal I have a new shirt every year, because I find when it get to the end of the year my shirt got pull threads and not looking the best, so if anything I prefer 1 year deals then I have a new/different design every year.

I buy the old fashioned shirts, I prefer the material and the look. I always get my stuff from the official shop and pay top price because I want that money to go to helping the club. I'd never buy a modern shirt because my gut is not a free advertising space...if it was it would have Leffe plastered over it in distended letters.

I don't think it matters one bit what the club do about shirts - if you like it then buy it, if not then don't. The important thing is that the people wearing the shirts get behind the team from the start to the end of the season.

This club will only be sucessful is we all financially support it. If there is not an avenue that you feel comfortable with that you can see to put your cash into the club then just give your voice. If you can think of an idea to raise more funds then map it out and submit it to the club.

Shirt or no shirt - let's pull together... :)

Bought last years, will buy this years. As people have said it is down to personal choice, and to be honest I feel ripped off whenever I buy clothes, so I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram re the one year cycle.

Not after you've paid so much for them :P

im fed up of one year cylces because they rip us off, i dont really like the new kit that much, but i have a weakness for footy tops so i probably will end up buying it

Archived