Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Ive resigned as Leicester boss!

My 2nd season and the 1st in the Prem.

I played 5 prem games won 2 Lost 2 Drawn 1

Then i selt Jordan Stewart to Bolton for 1.8m and the board only gave me 100k to spend out of that miney.

The reason i sold him was because i had somebody else in mind to replace him with.

So i resigned and Now im Cardiff Manager yet to play my 1st game for thme yet.

43844[/snapback]

Yeah its a bit frustrating how little money you can spend in the beginning... but surely it cant be enough of a resaon to resign?!... Didn't they warn that you'd only get X% of a transfer in transfer budget?... how were your finances?

My finance were perfect.

I released all the big earners and the wage budget dropped dramatically.

I had 500k to spend at the start of the season i was a little bewildered by that.

It was principle because i though i would have got 1m+ to spend out of that money for Jordan that the main reason i selt him.

His replacement was Llyod dyer for 400k.

I asked the board for more money and they said NO so i resigned on principle :thumbup:

fair enough...

My budget was about 150k when I went up, and although I was infuriated seeing as I brought the wages down, and there was about £20 mil in the account with no outstanding loans, I just got on with it. Sold Abubakari Yakubu for 900k and I got all of that for my transfer budget :huh: ... So I guess all the excess money I make now goes straight in the transfer kitty, and then Shen is happy :)

Muzzy you're crazy! Resigning when in the Premiership, you may not get the chance to get up there with Cardiff! :P

I was lucky in my game - I bought a lot of freebies in the summer for nothing, but then at the end of pre-season the club decided to give me £5.75m budget - which I spent on Emmanuel Olisadebe, and the rest I've just spent on Michael Jakobson. Olisadebe hasn't been brilliant up til midway through the season, and was unsettled with life in England. He has however improved recently with 2 goals in the last 2 games :)

My finance were perfect.

I released all the big earners and the wage budget dropped dramatically.

I had 500k to spend at the start of the season i was a little bewildered by that.

It was principle because i though i would have got 1m+ to spend out of that money for Jordan that the main reason i selt him.

His replacement was Llyod dyer for 400k.

I asked the board for more money and they said NO so i resigned on principle :thumbup:

43887[/snapback]

Crazy talk :w00t:

I was in a bit of a rage ;)

Silly really but im 4 th after 6 games with the Bluebirds.

And ive gone and raided my old club for:

Dion Dublin

Tommy Wright 100k

Arron Butcher free

I was in a bit of a rage  ;)

Dion Dublin

Tommy Wright 100k

Arron Butcher free

44200[/snapback]

You've got a bargain for Wright there mate , He get's good

Get Stearman,Canero if you can aswell ;)

Dion Dublin

Tommy Wright 100k

Arron Butcher free

44200[/snapback]

44210[/snapback]

I tried for Stearman cant get him.

Canero wont come i bet.

Had £5 m to spend i could not believe it.Got about £3 left now.Gabbidon had already left.

Ive singed those from Leicester.

Clark Carlisle 400k

Quincy whats his name on a free

Zolten Gera 1.2m

Deon Burton from Brentford 200k

Dion Dublin

Tommy Wright 100k

Arron Butcher free

44200[/snapback]

44210[/snapback]

Canero wont come i bet.

Had £5 m to spend i could not believe it.Got about £3 left now.Gabbidon had already left.

Clark Carlisle 400k

Quincy Abeyie on a free

Zolten Gera 1.2m

44216[/snapback]

Excellent player!!

Also try getting Wesolowski ;)

Dion Dublin

Tommy Wright 100k

Arron Butcher free

44200[/snapback]

44210[/snapback]

Canero wont come i bet.

Clark Carlisle 400k

Quincy Abeyie on a free

Zolten Gera 1.2m

44216[/snapback]

Excellent player!!

Also try getting Wesolowski ;)

44229[/snapback]

I sold Wesolowski for 35k to Swansea on my game :w00t: I didn't rate him !

I don't rate any of my youngsters at Leicester - am I Micky Adams in disguise?? Their skill stats aren't good enough for my liking - I have only played Richard Stearman a couple of times this season (none last year), Stephen Dawson is in the 1st team training sessions but never makes the squad, McGavin has played a few games this season (none last season) but didn't score so hasn't got a look in again, and Tommy Wright has been loaned out 3 times in the last 2 seasons - although his scoring ratio is very good. ;)

As for the others, they are still in the reserves or under-18s! :P

Oh, I did play Jay Smedley for about 10 games in my first season when Canero was injured - but he's been dropped back down to the under 18s. He does seem a quality player from his stats though.

I don't think I'll bother playing again until they release a patch which sorts out this 'out of position poor player ratings' problem.

44306[/snapback]

not only that but the 'goal kick counter attacks' are getting well on my nerves too...I'm not exaggerating when saying that 1/3 of the goals against me come from the keeper kicking it too short and the oppo strikers clean on goal.. :angry:

the update should be out soon though...

I don't think I'll bother playing again until they release a patch which sorts out this 'out of position poor player ratings' problem.

44306[/snapback]

not only that but the 'goal kick counter attacks' are getting well on my nerves too...I'm not exaggerating when saying that 1/3 of the goals against me come from the keeper kicking it too short and the oppo strikers clean on goal.. :angry:

44307[/snapback]

That is bloody annoying to be fair. Players who are within 5 yards of the ball not challenging for the header either! Grrr!

It's a bit out of order to release a game with so many errors surely? What about the people who buy it but don't have the internet at home and so can't get the patches? When you spend a fair bit of money on something, you don't expect there to be errors on it!

44306[/snapback]

44307[/snapback]

That is bloody annoying to be fair. Players who are within 5 yards of the ball not challenging for the header either! Grrr!

It's a bit out of order to release a game with so many errors surely? What about the people who buy it but don't have the internet at home and so can't get the patches? When you spend a fair bit of money on something, you don't expect there to be errors on it!

44312[/snapback]

They released it a bit early so that it would challenge CM5....

They're making one big patch to resolve (hopefully) all major bugs and flaws in the game. But you rarely have games that aren't bugged when released. FM is a pretty complex game (what with the crossovers in data in the huge database and so on) so some bugs will appear.

Don't they send out patches on cd's to purchasers who demand it?

44306[/snapback]

44307[/snapback]

44312[/snapback]

They're making one big patch to resolve (hopefully) all major bugs and flaws in the game. But you rarely have games that aren't bugged when released. FM is a pretty complex game (what with the crossovers in data in the huge database and so on) so some bugs will appear.

44313[/snapback]

No idea :P

Ask Ricey :P

44306[/snapback]

44307[/snapback]

44312[/snapback]

44313[/snapback]

No idea :P

Ask Ricey :P

44316[/snapback]

Yes they do :)

My team for Cardiff is:

Warner

Weston    Page  Carlisle  some dutch kid

McAnuff          Kavanagh      Jerome

Quincy        Dublin            Wright

44406[/snapback]

Some Dutch Kid :w00t: Can't even remember lol

My team for Cardiff is:

Warner

Weston    Page  Carlisle  some dutch kid

McAnuff          Kavanagh      Jerome

Quincy           Dublin            Wright

44406[/snapback]

Some Dutch Kid :w00t: Can't even remember lol

44514[/snapback]

Cant spell his name mate! lol

Its Jon Vanderignvdngiech or something like that

44306[/snapback]

44307[/snapback]

I hate that thing in the game too - I dread every goal kick that my keeper takes cos I know 8/10 times it will go straight to their player who will have a chance on goal. Another thing that annoys me is that the opposition scores far too frequently from corners - with the big man usually heading home :(

A few things that piss me off about FM

- Too many injuries !

- When you lose, You lose heavily

- You lose to stupid teams , that are bottom of the league

- Alway's start the season of well , then go shit when ever i'm high in the table , like it don't want me to do well

A few things that piss me off about FM

- Too many injuries !

- When you lose, You lose heavily

- You lose to stupid teams , that are bottom of the league

- Alway's start the season of well , then go shit when ever i'm high in the table , like it don't want me to do well

44637[/snapback]

Yep the injuries are ridiculous. You can never go 5 games without ONE player in your squad getting injured.

I'm thinking of resigning of Leicester manager ! Need a new challenge !

44736[/snapback]

I've just resigned cos we're bottom of the prem and going nowhere, so cos i didn't want to drag the club down i left. Now just accepted the west brom job :)

Archived