Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Oh, and my major problem concerns the focker that is Michael Jacobson who I signed from PSV. The guy keeps skiving training and I do everything I can to discipline him (started out out on 1 week fine, thereafter 2 weeks). He ignores my fines most of the time but recently accepted that he was wrong and would improve his attitude, but then misses training again the following week. I have transfer-listed him (even though he's a decent centre back) - and on his personal profile he says he dislikes me and feels he was brought to the club under false pretences.

What am I meant to do? I have played him in the 1st team for the last 5-6 games and he still pisses about.

45707[/snapback]

Maybe you bought him saying he'd be indispensable for the club and you just plugged him on the bench when he finally came. You just have to deal with it... give him a good long run in the first team (if he performs of course) and then he should not skip training anymore... of course you'll have a tough time making him like you again. If he performs so well that you can praise him, don't hesitate to do so. On the other hand, if you're a tough manager you'll transfer list him and dump him in the reserves until his contract expires :P

About to finish my third season as manager of leicester im probably gonna finish fith or sixth. This is my 1st team.

GK - sorenson

DL - mares/candela

DR - ulise de la cruise

DC - upson

DC - Vanden borre

ML - Jankulovski

MR - thompson/grisale

MC - Gerrard (spanish)/williams

MC - anderson/renato/smertin

FC - baros/adu

FC - mutu/scowcroft

At the end of the season im getting beattie, yobo and barry ferguson :D .

Oh, and my major problem concerns the focker that is Michael Jacobson who I signed from PSV. The guy keeps skiving training and I do everything I can to discipline him (started out out on 1 week fine, thereafter 2 weeks). He ignores my fines most of the time but recently accepted that he was wrong and would improve his attitude, but then misses training again the following week. I have transfer-listed him (even though he's a decent centre back) - and on his personal profile he says he dislikes me and feels he was brought to the club under false pretences.

What am I meant to do? I have played him in the 1st team for the last 5-6 games and he still pisses about.

45707[/snapback]

When players get unhappy and i can't sell them, i offer them a mutual termination. In the long run it'l cost you more to keep them, than get rid of them at a reduced rate.

I've started a new game with Leicester and here is a quick run down of the start i've made:

The only signing I made was to bring world cup winner Emmanual Petit to the club, I have 3 good central midfielders but I wanted to start the season playing a 4-4-2 with 4 central midfielders (diamond) and no wingers.

I hired Frank Lampard Snr as assitant and Steve Beaglehole and Brian Kidd as coaches.

Pre-season:

2-0 Huddersfield

1-2 Port Vale

2-0 Albion

3-1 Rushden

0-1 Roma

I started the season using this formation and lineup:

-------------------Walker

Canero----Keown----Dabizas----Stewart

---|------------Gudjonsson-----------|

--\/----------Nalis-------Petit---------\/

-------------------Williams

------------Connolly--Scowcroft

Start to the season:

Leicester 1-1 Wolves

Brighton 1-1 Leicester

Leicesters 1-0 Leeds

Plymouth 1-0 Leicester

Leicester 0-1 Reading

Leicester 1-0 QPR (Carling Cup)

Signed Leandre Griffit from Southampton on a season loan

Rotherham 0-1 Leicester

Lots of 1's!!! :o It shows I have a good defence but a crap attack.

I'm now playing a 3-5-2 with wing backs and Griffit playing just off Connolly.

Fingers crossed it means GOALS!

About to finish my third season as manager of leicester im probably gonna finish fith or sixth. This is my 1st team.

GK - sorenson

DL - mares/candela

DR - ulise de la cruise

DC - upson

DC - Vanden borre

ML - Jankulovski

MR - thompson/grisale

MC - Gerrard (spanish)/williams

MC - anderson/renato/smertin

FC - baros/adu

FC - mutu/scowcroft

At the end of the season im getting beattie, yobo and barry ferguson :D .

45917[/snapback]

F**king hell that is impressive, you seem to be doing a great job!

Still in pre-season going in to my second season after winning the league. Liverpool made a shocking £4.5 million bid for Pablo Counago and I could hardly refuse that even though he scored 28 goals in 33 games. I was then in a dilemma whether to replace Counago or promote Petrescu in to the first team full-time after an impressive 11 goals in 15 first team appearances.

I decided to sign Freddy Adu and see how Petrescu got on in pre-season, I did already have Amoruso and Van Der Gun signed on bosmans. Petrescu has scored a hat-trick against Hibernian in a friendly so far so I might stick with a striking force of Amoruso, Van Der Gun, Connolly, Petrescu, Wright and Adu.

45530[/snapback]

Is Scowcorft not still at the club because he is usful enough to play in the premier league. Especially as a back up player.

45604[/snapback]

Sold him to Millwall

Ive finished 6 each season with Cardiff and twice been beaten in the semi finals of the playoffs!

Just got offered Fulham job not sure whether to take it though!

46503[/snapback]

Are they still in the Prem? If so, do they just about survive relegation each year, or do they have higher ambitions? What's the transfer budget like with them? If it looks a decent enough club then take it, the only way is up.

I'm just about to start pre-season in my 3rd season with Leicester - but having just survived relegation last season the board expect me to finish mid-table in the Premiership this time round. And my transfer kitty is a whopping 300k to achieve this - bloody disgraceful. I've asked for more money 3 times recently but the board think I have adeqaute resources. That's a joke what they expect - I'll be lucky to survive relegation again ;)

Well after a bad start I really started to pick things up and I was in contention for the top 2 in November but then we goals all dried up! :( I'm in January now and I can't win or score for love nor money....I signed a 34 year old Italian with 20's for finishing, pace, freekicks and determination but the fans weren't happy because of his age :(

Oh well, I'll battle on and hope this Italian stallion can bag me some goals, I'm currently 5 points off the playoffs.

I've managed to buy Figo, Laurent Robert, and Rohan Ricketts so far in pre-season - with more to come hopefully. I've made bids for both Bosko Balaban (his stats are brilliant) and Arnold Bruggink, hopefully one or both will come and partner/provide competition for Olisadebe up front.

I've got waaay too many strikers at the club already without Bruggink and Balaban possibly coming - I have Olisadebe, Connolly, Scowcroft, Wright, Shefqi Kuqi, Jay Bothroyd, and young Ryan McGavin ;)

The only players I've managed to SELL in 2 seasons of playing the game were Jason Wilcox for £3k and Aaron Butcher to Leeds for £400k - and this despite the fact that I have about 6-7 players on the transfer list. I suppose not playing them doesn't help - but offering them to clubs doesn't work either. I need to recoup some money - any suggestions?

Got promoted through the play offs, was fairly hard though. Sustained quite a few injuries towards the end of the season, which saw me fall from just a few points off first position, to just scrambling 6th place. Key players retuned, beat Forest in semi finals, then beat Reading 3-2 in the final after extra time.

Currently pre season, purchased a few decent players so far, nothing special.

GK: Graham Stack

D: Dean Richards, Gresko

M: Smertin, Sunday Oliseh  :D

F: Jonathon Johansson, Nicola Ventola

40537[/snapback]

Just an update from this, I've played all my pre season games and ready for Birmingham at home, first game of the Premiership season.

Pre Season Games:

Plymouth 0-2 Leicester

Huddersfield 2-1 Leicester

Rushden 2-2 Leicester

Cardiff 0-0 Leicester

Notts County 0-2 Leicester

Leicester 1-0 Leverkusen

I've also made a few more signings. Managed to get Zenden on a free. I've also got Julius Aghahowa, depending on a work permit. Darren Purse and Jon Ostemobor are other signings I've made to back up the defence.

I was given a transfer budget of just 750k, however, the board have suddenly announced that they're giving me £9 million because of the state of the finances! :o I can't believe it, I didn't ask for it either, so I can hopefully get a few more quality players in.

Got promoted through the play offs, was fairly hard though. Sustained quite a few injuries towards the end of the season, which saw me fall from just a few points off first position, to just scrambling 6th place. Key players retuned, beat Forest in semi finals, then beat Reading 3-2 in the final after extra time.

Currently pre season, purchased a few decent players so far, nothing special.

GK: Graham Stack

D: Dean Richards, Gresko

M: Smertin, Sunday Oliseh  :D

F: Jonathon Johansson, Nicola Ventola

40537[/snapback]

Just an update from this, I've played all my pre season games and ready for Birmingham at home, first game of the Premiership season.

Pre Season Games:

Plymouth 0-2 Leicester

Huddersfield 2-1 Leicester

Rushden 2-2 Leicester

Cardiff 0-0 Leicester

Notts County 0-2 Leicester

Leicester 1-0 Leverkusen

I've also made a few more signings. Managed to get Zenden on a free. I've also got Julius Aghahowa, depending on a work permit. Darren Purse and Jon Ostemobor are other signings I've made to back up the defence.

I was given a transfer budget of just 750k, however, the board have suddenly announced that they're giving me £9 million because of the state of the finances! :o I can't believe it, I didn't ask for it either, so I can hopefully get a few more quality players in.

46751[/snapback]

Exactly what happened to me. Was dead happy, then i got that stupid idea.

Jon Stead, not worth £10m :unsure::rolleyes:

****!!!! :angry: I just deleted my saved game by accident!!! :( No way of getting it back either.

Mind you I was close to the sack :D

Do you reckon I should start a new game and do a Diary on it on here?

46907[/snapback]

Yep, they're class. Go for it. :)

A quick update of my game - I had already signed Figo, Laurent Robert and Rohan Ricketts going into pre-season - and I was in negotiations with Arnold Bruggink and Bosko Balaban. Well I managed to sign Bruggink but Balaban was refused a work permit - so I appealed, and that was declined too.

My pre-season went pretty shite with only 1 win in 6 games, so I feared the worst coming into the new season.

One week before the season started the board made £7.75m available for transfers - woohoo! I managed to sign Milan Baros for £5m (take note Craig, half the price of Jon Stead!) - which lifted my spirits.

I've played the first 2 games of the new season, and beat Norwich 3-1 away and beat Spurs 3-1 at home. Both Bruggink and Baros have 2 goals apiece and both Ricketts and Figo have been MOTM. Absolute quality - midtable finish here I come! (I hope!) :D

Why settle for midtable when you've got the likes of Figo, Bruggink and Baros? :rolleyes: Gotta push on for Europa mate!

47038[/snapback]

Cos I want to meet the board's expectations - if I overachieve then the fans and the board will expect a European finish the following season. I don't want to set my standards too high and then be unable to meet them - which will leave players, fans and the board unhappy. ;)

Why settle for midtable when you've got the likes of Figo, Bruggink and Baros? :rolleyes: Gotta push on for Europa mate!

47038[/snapback]

Cos I want to meet the board's expectations - if I overachieve then the fans and the board will expect a European finish the following season. I don't want to set my standards too high and then be unable to meet them - which will leave players, fans and the board unhappy. ;)

47044[/snapback]

Bah what an unambitious manager you are! <_< ;)

I bet that if you're in a European spot come May you won't let the team 'slip' down on purpose :rolleyes: . Besides don't be too daunted by the boards expectations... they'll look at the squad and not your previous achievements when determining what their goals are ;)

After winning the championship in the first season, I signed some quality players and I persuaded the board to give me £7.5 million and so I signed Alan Smith. I started the premiership season off really well and was comfortably second in about January and slowly slipped down to about 4th in March. I then went on a mass losing spree and ended up finishing 8th!

In pre season, I signed lots more quality players including Cudicini, Sorensen, Upson, Pires, Beattie, Gudjohnsen etc. and I was doing amazing in pre season - I won loads of Euro Vase games (Intertoto) as well as other friendly games. After finishing 8th the previous year, the board gave me £625K to spend and I was pretty pissed off. I kept pestering for some more dosh and the board were getting really annoyed and suddenly my job statue was insecure. When the premiership season started, I lost my first 3 games and then lost in the Euro Vase Final to Galatasaray, and was subsequentally sacked!

I then added myself as manager of Leicester again (who cares if its cheating! ;) and they gave me £2.2 million to spend! Why couldnt they just give me that in the first place? Anyway, I picked Leicester up of the ground and went on a winning run, beating Man United 3-0 in the process, and am now 8th after about 12 games.

Archived