Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

A few things that piss me off about FM

- Too many injuries !

- When you lose, You lose heavily

- You lose to stupid teams , that are bottom of the league

- Alway's start the season of well , then go shit when ever i'm high in the table , like it don't want me to do well

44637[/snapback]

- I disagree... the number of injuries seems pretty accurate!

- Nope, can't say I've experienced that... the odd defeat might be heavy, but it's nothing regular. I believe your tactics and formation have a lot to say about this ;)

- Can't say I do... I usually beat lower placed teams, and lose to the big boys

- Again, I have to say I started off crap and slowly worked my way up. Besides, you can't criticise this as football is often unpredictable. It's not a bug in the game anyway...

(Ashov @ Dec 7 2004, 10:24 PM)

I'm thinking of resigning of Leicester manager ! Need a new challenge !

I've just resigned cos we're bottom of the prem and going nowhere, so cos i didn't want to drag the club down i left. Now just accepted the west brom job

44637[/snapback]

I would NEVER resign from the Leicester job!! I would rather not continue playing the game and just leave the savegame to rot if I really wanted to play with another team ;)

44736[/snapback]

I've just resigned cos we're bottom of the prem and going nowhere, so cos i didn't want to drag the club down i left. Now just accepted the west brom job :)

44742[/snapback]

I smell a bad manager! :D:P :w00t:

44736[/snapback]

I've just resigned cos we're bottom of the prem and going nowhere, so cos i didn't want to drag the club down i left. Now just accepted the west brom job :)

44742[/snapback]

44755[/snapback]

Yeah cos winning the league losing just 5 games is bad isn't it, not mentioning a carling cup semi final :thumbup:

I admit i didn't buy the right players, Stead for £10m was the biggest mistake i've ever made :unsure::mad:

44736[/snapback]

44742[/snapback]

44755[/snapback]

Yeah cos winning the league losing just 5 games is bad isn't it, not mentioning a carling cup semi final :thumbup:

I admit i didn't buy the right players, Stead for £10m was the biggest mistake i've ever made :unsure::mad:

44758[/snapback]

lol that IS indeed a huge mistake!!

44736[/snapback]

44742[/snapback]

44755[/snapback]

44758[/snapback]

LMAO!!!!!!! That is soooo funny!!! lol :w00t: :D

I think most people on here have won the Championship with Leicester - it's how well you do in the Premiership that matters :thumbup:

A few things that piss me off about FM

- Too many injuries !

- When you lose, You lose heavily

- You lose to stupid teams , that are bottom of the league

- Alway's start the season of well , then go shit when ever i'm high in the table , like it don't want me to do well

44637[/snapback]

Everything apart from the injuries is called BAD MANAGEMENT. ;)lol

44736[/snapback]

44742[/snapback]

44755[/snapback]

44758[/snapback]

I think most people on here have won the Championship with Leicester - it's how well you do in the Premiership that matters :thumbup:

44764[/snapback]

It's the boards fault really, they made a whopping £10m avaliable to spend for some odd reason, i had to spend it on someone :unsure: He scored 3 goals in 13 games, and when i left he was in the ressies :w00t:

I won the premier on CM is it as easier on FM???

44773[/snapback]

If you're a half-good manager it is always easy... That's the way these games are and it will never change...it has been made a bit harder though. You won't win the Prem right after promotion ;) (unless someone discovers a 'super tactic'). CM was very easy...

44736[/snapback]

44742[/snapback]

44755[/snapback]

44758[/snapback]

44764[/snapback]

It's the boards fault really, they made a whopping £10m avaliable to spend for some odd reason, i had to spend it on someone :unsure: He scored 3 goals in 13 games, and when i left he was in the ressies :w00t:

44780[/snapback]

Yeah but surely there were better players to spend £10million on? He's not even valued anywhere near £10m on my game - why did you buy him?

44736[/snapback]

44742[/snapback]

44755[/snapback]

44758[/snapback]

44764[/snapback]

44780[/snapback]

Yeah but surely there were better players to spend £10million on? He's not even valued anywhere near £10m on my game - why did you buy him?

44895[/snapback]

Because i could. And i wanted a target man :unsure:

I like the fatc there is not a super tactic that always wins! That was one of the real problems with some of the old champuionship manager games if you found a winning formation it would always win no matter who you played and who you were playing against.

FM is far more complex.

I've been offered the Sheep job , I might take it  ;)

45010[/snapback]

You traitor! :P

I'd like to take Leicester as high as I possibly could, and if I reached the peak I would want to take on a bigger club - Derby wouldn't be worth moving to.

Still in pre-season going in to my second season after winning the league. Liverpool made a shocking £4.5 million bid for Pablo Counago and I could hardly refuse that even though he scored 28 goals in 33 games. I was then in a dilemma whether to replace Counago or promote Petrescu in to the first team full-time after an impressive 11 goals in 15 first team appearances.

I decided to sign Freddy Adu and see how Petrescu got on in pre-season, I did already have Amoruso and Van Der Gun signed on bosmans. Petrescu has scored a hat-trick against Hibernian in a friendly so far so I might stick with a striking force of Amoruso, Van Der Gun, Connolly, Petrescu, Wright and Adu.

Still in pre-season going in to my second season after winning the league. Liverpool made a shocking £4.5 million bid for Pablo Counago and I could hardly refuse that even though he scored 28 goals in 33 games. I was then in a dilemma whether to replace Counago or promote Petrescu in to the first team full-time after an impressive 11 goals in 15 first team appearances.

I decided to sign Freddy Adu and see how Petrescu got on in pre-season, I did already have Amoruso and Van Der Gun signed on bosmans. Petrescu has scored a hat-trick against Hibernian in a friendly so far so I might stick with a striking force of Amoruso, Van Der Gun, Connolly, Petrescu, Wright and Adu.

45530[/snapback]

Is Scowcorft not still at the club because he is usful enough to play in the premier league. Especially as a back up player.

I have just finished my 2nd season as manager of LCFC, and my first in the Premiership.

Thankfully I avoided relegation by a whisker, although there were no shortage of problems along the way. I only finished on 31 points in total, although it was still more than Bolton, charlton, QPR and Norwich. ;)

Still pretty poor and much room for improvement - my defence looks terrible and my top scorer (Olisadebe) only managed 11 goals. :(

Oh well, staying up in my first season in the Prem is still a good achievement, and better than most expected.

Oh, and my major problem concerns the focker that is Michael Jacobson who I signed from PSV. The guy keeps skiving training and I do everything I can to discipline him (started out out on 1 week fine, thereafter 2 weeks). He ignores my fines most of the time but recently accepted that he was wrong and would improve his attitude, but then misses training again the following week. I have transfer-listed him (even though he's a decent centre back) - and on his personal profile he says he dislikes me and feels he was brought to the club under false pretences.

What am I meant to do? I have played him in the 1st team for the last 5-6 games and he still pisses about.

Oh, and my major problem concerns the focker that is Michael Jacobson who I signed from PSV. The guy keeps skiving training and I do everything I can to discipline him (started out out on 1 week fine, thereafter 2 weeks). He ignores my fines most of the time but recently accepted that he was wrong and would improve his attitude, but then misses training again the following week. I have transfer-listed him (even though he's a decent centre back) - and on his personal profile he says he dislikes me and feels he was brought to the club under false pretences.

What am I meant to do? I have played him in the 1st team for the last 5-6 games and he still pisses about.

45707[/snapback]

Offer him to other clubs, then buy another centre back.

Archived