Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Im Rangers, just signed Levein as my assitant manager when he got sacked by Hearts, almost won the league now and still in the eufa cup. ;)

So you still get sacked despite how far you take a club  :rolleyes: That wouldnt happen in real life, they'd be desperate to hold onto you.

38704[/snapback]

Failing to get promoted when favorites in my first season, lying middle table in my second season, a large wage bill and me saying I want to leave to join another club is enough for the sack really.

I ended up in 7th position in my 4th season and got to the semi's of the Uefa cup, where Man Yoo knocked me out :(

Just qualified through the Euro Vase lol (the inter toto cup I believe) for this year's Uefa Cup though :D

Fernando Torres's Favoured Personnel: Sam Cobley and club: Leicester :D

I got sacked!!! :o  :unsure::angry:

I applied interest in the Southampton job, the board didn't like that too much and I eventually got sacked with us standing 10th in the league :(

Bournemouth offered me a job but I turned them down.

38700[/snapback]

you always get sacked...why would you want the southampton job?

I applied interest in the Southampton job, the board didn't like that too much and I eventually got sacked with us standing 10th in the league :(

38700[/snapback]

38975[/snapback]

It's the boards fault I tell ya!!! <_<

I wanted to manage in the Premiership, Leicester were going nowhere.

38700[/snapback]

38975[/snapback]

It's the boards fault I tell ya!!! <_<

I wanted to manage in the Premiership, Leicester were going nowhere.

39025[/snapback]

And whose fault was that? ;)

Started a game as 'unemployed' and boy does it take long before you can apply for any job! Had to wait 'til mid-October to apply. I got the job at Mansfield (2nd from bottom in League Two) and although I've stabilised the situation and steered them into midtable obscurity I'm really struggling to make a push for the playoffs. The quality down there is shocking! You'll often find that both yourself and the oppo only hit the target 20-25% of the time which is ridiculous IMO. My strikers have had so many 1 on 1's and they continually blaze over or miskick totally. But it's a nice challenge for once.

Have stopped playing LCFC at the moment. It was just too easy getting promotion.... <_< ... at least I know what savegame to load if the situation at Mansfield becomes too frustrating :D

I've now took over at Championship strugglers Burnley :)

They were 23rd when I joined with hardly any players and only 4 or 5 players that should warrant a first team place in this division. I've been in charge a month and I've already brought in 7 players:

Keiran Richardson - Loan

Lilian Nalis - £95k

Emmanual Tetteh - £424k

Lee Wilkie - £175k

Guiseppe Rossi - Loan

George Fotheringham - £85k

Stephen Warnock - Loan

I'm doing well so far (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) but I'm conceeding bags full of goals :( It's going to be a challenge to stay up.

I've now took over at Championship strugglers Burnley :)

They were 23rd when I joined with hardly any players and only 4 or 5 players that should warrant a first team place in this division. I've been in charge a month and I've already brought in 7 players:

Keiran Richardson - Loan

Lilian Nalis - £95k

Emmanual Tetteh - £424k

Lee Wilkie - £175k

Guiseppe Rossi - Loan

George Fotheringham - £85k

Stephen Warnock - Loan

I'm doing well so far (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) but I'm conceeding bags full of goals :( It's going to be a challenge to stay up.

39605[/snapback]

that hardly sounds like relegation form, mate ;)

Mansfield Progress:

Started improving around January, and moved slowly up the table ever since.

Am in the play-off places for the first time with 2 games to go! :o talk about good timing :rolleyes: ... This league is so extremely tight. 5 clubs are battling against relegation and still 7 clubs competing for the playoffs.

My saviour, and catalyst, was actually young LCFC starlet Wesolowski B)

Loaned him 'til the end of the season in January, and he's ripping up teams in this division. Only problem is, he's having difficulties coping fitness-wise. He tires very quickly, but of course he's only 17 ;)

Loaned in Paul Tierney, Lewis Buxton, Stephen Brennan and John Spicer to strengthen my team and (hopefully) get into the play-offs

Other signings include: Paul Robinson 22k (Millwall), Kim Olsen 5k (Sheff Wed), Jan Isaksen (free) and Jon Paul McGovern 18k (Sheff Wed)

I finished second in my frist season with leicester apoint behind the champions who were leeds. Im struggling in the Prem, 14th currently after 5 games. My team is...

Stuart Taylor

Canero

Heath

Keown (retiring at end of season)

Tiatto

Gudjonsson

Lorentzen

Harbuzi

Bullard/Williams

Romeo

Connolly

Bench

Nalis (retiring)

Dublin(retiring but scored 18 from 12 starts last season :ph34r: )

Spector

Lescott

Fredheim Holm

Scowy

Ziegler

I bought Harbuzi in my first season too, although I've not played him much cos whenever I did play him he only got 7 ratings at most (mostly 6s though) . I also signed Ziegler on a 'free' from Spurs in the close season but when it came to July 1st I couldn't afford the £700,000 compensation fee.

Got promoted through the play offs, was fairly hard though. Sustained quite a few injuries towards the end of the season, which saw me fall from just a few points off first position, to just scrambling 6th place. Key players retuned, beat Forest in semi finals, then beat Reading 3-2 in the final after extra time.

Currently pre season, purchased a few decent players so far, nothing special.

GK: Graham Stack

D: Dean Richards, Gresko

M: Smertin, Sunday Oliseh :D

F: Jonathon Johansson, Nicola Ventola

Got promoted through the play offs, was fairly hard though. Sustained quite a few injuries towards the end of the season, which saw me fall from just a few points off first position, to just scrambling 6th place. Key players retuned, beat Forest in semi finals, then beat Reading 3-2 in the final after extra time.

Currently pre season, purchased a few decent players so far, nothing special.

GK: Graham Stack

D: Dean Richards, Gresko

M: Smertin, Sunday Oliseh  :D

F: Jonathon Johansson, Nicola Ventola

40537[/snapback]

Oliseh is quality. World-class on a good day :thumbup:

Well I finally got promotion with Mansfield :w00t: ... but what a nerve-wracking end of season. I just scraped 7th place by goal-difference (man would I have sworn and ranted had I finished 8th!) and was facing a very tough semi against Rushden, who IMO were the best team in the league but only managed 4th place. And quite deservedly they were 2-0 ahead after only 27 mins of the first leg. I managed to get an away goal, and was hoping to turn it around at home. I couldn't have started the 2nd leg any worse, conceding a goal after 18 secs (CM03/04 Saints starlet Pereplyotkin scoring), but I rallied and we were locked at 3-3 on aggregate after 180 mins of footie. Then something utterly strange happened. First extra-time period ended in the 105th minute, but the 2nd period carried on 'til the 136th minute!! :o:huh::blink:

No winner had been scored tho, so on to penalties :w00t: :unsure::S

By now I was sure my heart-rate was way beyond whats healthy!

Luckily it all ended in glory ^_^

The final vs. Grimsby was a tough game but I had to wait until the 81st minute before I took the lead, and I finished the game as a contest 2 mins later...

Was voted manager of the year, yet my reputation remains 'obscure' :blink:

Anyway, preparing for life in League One, with no money whatsoever (it all got spent on renewing training facilities) so all my signings are freebies and loans.

Freebies: Joe Murphy, Louis Dodds, Daryl Smylie ^_^ ,Tony Dinning, Danny Smith (all unattached), Kevin McLeod (QPR), Steve Lomas (who was ón a stunning 20k a week at West Ham :o )

Loans: Lewis Buxton (again), Daniel Nardiello, Alexis Nicolas and Stephen Brennan

I've finally started my second season with Leicester in the Premiership. I won all by friendlies bar 1 (lost 3-1 at home to Borussia Dortmund) and I've played my first 2 games of the new season - away at Arsenal and then home to Man U. Nightmare start or what?

Only lost 1-0 at Highbury although it could have been more, and then drew with ManU with an 84th minute eqauliser through a Wes Brown o.g!

Also signed Emmanuel Olisadebe for £2.6million - I hope he lives up to my expectations ;)

This summer I have signed....

GK - Oscar Cordoba, Jurgen Macho, Thomas Myhre, Recber Rustu, Mark Schwarzer

D - Dean Richards, Pieter Collen, Stephane Henchoz

M - Alexei Smertin, Lee Hendrie, Thomas Gravesen, Charles-Edouard Coridon, Kenny Lunt, Sergio Conceicao, Otto Addo, Darren Anderton, Boudewijn Zenden

F - Christophe Dugarry, Enrico Chiesa, Matt Jansen, Javi Guerrero, Dennis Bergkamp, Amoruso, Gabriel Batistuta, Fredi Bobic, David Healy

Well OTT......

37568[/snapback]

I've also started my second season with Leicester in the premiership. I have made a decent start - lost to Man United 1-0, beat MA's Sunderland 4-1, and beat Soton 3-1, to put me into third after 3 games! I've just signed Freddy Adu! :thumbup:

Archived