Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

Just finished my 3rd season in the championship , I lost in the play-offs to Brum :(

41009[/snapback]

:o better luck next time mate... although being stuck for 3 seasons in the championship just isn't on! ASHOV OUT ! :w00t: ^_^;)

Just finished my 3rd season in the championship , I lost in the play-offs to Brum :(

41009[/snapback]

:o better luck next time mate... although being stuck for 3 seasons in the championship just isn't on! ASHOV OUT ! :w00t: ^_^;)

41010[/snapback]

1st Season - 1st in Championship

2nd Season - Premiership ( Relegated )

3rd Season - Championship ( Losers Play-Offs )

;)

41009[/snapback]

Sorry, thought you meant you spent your 3rd season in the Championship ;)

Ashov can stay a bit longer then ;) but be warned! I've heard these Leicester supporters are very impatient and want instant success :rolleyes:

Went back to my Leicester game for a bit:

Am preparing for 2nd season (got promoted) and signed following freebies (board gave me a measly 150k in funds although I'm £16mil in black and no loans! :angry:) :

Berger, Zenden, Gravesen, Oliseh, Abubakar Yakubu, Iuliano :D, Van Hooijdonk B), and 'Pool youngster Phil Townley and even managed to get Crespo on trial :w00t:

Have extended Keown and Petits contracts 1 more year (at half wages)

and released the rest of the out of contract players (including Walker and top scorer/fans' PotS Scowy :o )

Have arranged a friendly cup with Barca, Lazio and Man Utd which is prognosed to bring £1 mil in revenue B), though I am giving 400k of that split between the 3 teams...still..600k for a stupid friendly cup! looking forward to a season 'battling against relegation' :rolleyes:

<Update> I went on to beat Lazio 1-0 in the semi of the friendly cup and equalized to make it 2-2 in the final vs. Barca in the 90th minute, Williams scoring from a set piece :D . I went on to win the game on penos :thumbup: . Has to be mentioned that Barca fielded their strongest line-up :o

<Update2> 4 games into the season I'm lying 11th and doing OK. Oliseh, Gravesen and Hooijdonk have looked class and I don't look like a relegation contender. I've only lost 1 game (those damn Trees sneaked a 1-0 win at their ground :angry: ) but I've made my first blunder. Agreeing a contract with Yakubu half-way through my 1st season, I didnt look at the details, and I let a 900k minimum clause slip by my attention. 2 games in, and Chelsea snapped him up at this cut-price. He looked very good at right back and I'm now really down to my bare bones on the right flank. I tried loaning Eagles and Geremi with the deadline approaching, but Chelsea waited a long time to answer, so I brought in Eagles. He had a nightmare vs. Trees and then I got a response from Geremi the 30th. I hurried to terminate Eagles' loan and take on Geremi, and all seemed good. BUT then Geremi needed a work permit! IT WAS DEADLINE DAY!!... he got it, and the transfer would go through Sept 1... one day after the deadline :angry::angry: so now I'm left with Gillespie on the right flank until January :o:(

And ive just asked the board for some more transfer funds. And they gave me £7.5million!!!!

40919[/snapback]

And with that I have bought Alan Smith from Man United for £4,000,000

9 strikers ans 5 goal keeprs is more toeruble than it is worth. It is impossible to keep them all happy.

40925[/snapback]

I've sent a couple of keepers and strikers out on loan now. Its great having such a big squad because I can rotate them all the time. I pick a team for a game, and if they get 8 or more rating, they play the next game, and all the rest are dropped for a new batch to come in and so on. After 6 games, I am fourth - behind Arsenal, Man United, and Norwich! :blink:

Good stuff Shen! Although Gillespie hasn't been too bad on my game (in the Championship mind).

41312[/snapback]

Well hes decent at Championship level but hes struggling to make an impact in the Prem. Most of my wingplay goes through Zenden/Berger on the left, cause they're the only wingers in my team that can actually get past players regularly :(

Won the league in my first season, with six games remaining. I scored a whopping 110 goals aswell, I think my game has a bug as I won about 6 or 7 games by scoring 5 goals or more.

I also got to the FA Cup final against Man United but they beat me 3-2. Getting to the final bought me over a million quid though, which has helped me sign a few players for next season.

I have signed Gerard on a bosman from Barca, Amoruso from Malaga on a bosman, Zenden, Cedrik Van Der Gun, Colin Healy.

Forest got relegated and I have snapped up Michael Dawson for just over a million! I also signed James Harper from Reading just before transfer deadline for about £300,000 he's good.

But my best signing of last season was a finnish midfielder called Savviolan (spelling) he cost me £24,000 and was phenomenal, He's about 19 and is an AM/RLC. Play him on either wing and he gets about a 8/9 every match. He played 17 games for me and score 12 goals, wil about 14 assists aswell, crazy.

One thing i'm unsure on is training, none of my players stats have gone up or down for that fact. Can someone help me, I don't think i've assigned them to anything i've just left it as they are. Doing alright though :D

Id have to say my best players are

- Michael Dawson

- Freddy Adu

- Jason Koumas

I got these three for the combined totally of £2m , Now thats good management ;)

41897[/snapback]

Maybe...

Just finished my 4th season , Got promotion through the play offs :D

...Maybe not

:P

I am Hull City (dunno why)

Just finished my first season in the premiership finishing 12th.

My best line up was:

GK: Stephen Anderson

DL: Martin Albrechtsen

DR: Sebastian Svard

DC: James Collins

DC: Per Kroldrup

DMC: Floribert N'Galula Mbuyi ( I recommend this player to everyone, his stats dont start good but he becomes one of the best players on the game i would say)

MC: Barry Ferguson

MC: Steed Malbranque

MC: Aaron Lennon

AMC: Freddy Adu

FC: Reinaldo Navia.

Subs:

GK:Bogdan Lobont

John Carew

Rob Earnshaw

David Dunn

Damien Delaney

Just starting my 08/09 season hoping to get into Europe.

My best players are:

Freddy Adu

Barry Ferguson

Reinaldo Navia.

Floribert N'Galula Mbuyi

I also have David Dunn and Jolean Lescott and Leandre Griffit, but they dont get in the team.

Won the league in my first season, with six games remaining. I scored a whopping 110 goals aswell, I think my game has a bug as I won about 6 or 7 games by scoring 5 goals or more.

I also got to the FA Cup final against Man United but they beat me 3-2. Getting to the final bought me over a million quid though, which has helped me sign a few players for next season.

I have signed Gerard on a bosman from Barca, Amoruso from Malaga on a bosman, Zenden, Cedrik Van Der Gun, Colin Healy.

Forest got relegated and I have snapped up Michael Dawson for just over a million! I also signed James Harper from Reading just before transfer deadline for about £300,000 he's good.

But my best signing of last season was a finnish midfielder called Savviolan (spelling) he cost me £24,000 and was phenomenal, He's about 19 and is an AM/RLC. Play him on either wing and he gets about a 8/9 every match. He played 17 games for me and score 12 goals, wil about 14 assists aswell, crazy.

One thing i'm unsure on is training, none of my players stats have gone up or down for that fact. Can someone help me, I don't think i've assigned them to anything i've just left it as they are. Doing alright though  :D

41891[/snapback]

Jussi-Pekka Savolainen ?... He was awesome in CM03/04 :thumbup:

In 2009-2010 now.

Into the Uefa cup final and challenging for the league :o

I have a few games the day after the other now though :S Seeing as I have had games in hand for ages, so they've decided to plonk them all together, marvelous. So winning the league is unlikely!

Best players: Fernando Torres, Tuncay, Williams :o Alex, Wright-Phillips :D Hofland, Ledley King, Paul Robinson/Stuart Taylor. Tommy Wright is decent too ;)

One thing i'm unsure on is training, none of my players stats have gone up or down for that fact. Can someone help me, I don't think i've assigned them to anything i've just left it as they are. Doing alright though  :D

41891[/snapback]

41932[/snapback]

That's the fella! Sign him, he is amazing.

41891[/snapback]

41932[/snapback]

41958[/snapback]

I'll check him out again then :)...

*tip* give him the nickname 'Savo' ;)

41891[/snapback]

41932[/snapback]

41958[/snapback]

I'll check him out again then :)...

*tip* give him the nickname 'Savo' ;)

41963[/snapback]

Never trust another managers tip. That's what i say! Don't forget that your every game is it's own little world, 'Savo' will be good on some, shit on others.

Plus, you don't see Mourinho telling Wenger who to buy, do you? :rolleyes:

Archived