Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

One thing i'm unsure on is training, none of my players stats have gone up or down for that fact. Can someone help me, I don't think i've assigned them to anything i've just left it as they are. Doing alright though  :D

41891[/snapback]

Create a scheudle for Goalies, Defenders, Midfielders, Wingers and Strikers. Obviously make each schedule suit the certain position, then assign them to the appropiate players.

After the season ends set every player to rest, then around the 1st of July start players on pre-season training and then set them to their postional schedule a week or 2 before the season starts.

Thats what I do, seems to work ok.

Won the league in my first season, with six games remaining. I scored a whopping 110 goals aswell, I think my game has a bug as I won about 6 or 7 games by scoring 5 goals or more.

I also got to the FA Cup final against Man United but they beat me 3-2. Getting to the final bought me over a million quid though, which has helped me sign a few players for next season.

I have signed Gerard on a bosman from Barca, Amoruso from Malaga on a bosman, Zenden, Cedrik Van Der Gun, Colin Healy.

Forest got relegated and I have snapped up Michael Dawson for just over a million! I also signed James Harper from Reading just before transfer deadline for about £300,000 he's good.

But my best signing of last season was a finnish midfielder called Savviolan (spelling) he cost me £24,000 and was phenomenal, He's about 19 and is an AM/RLC. Play him on either wing and he gets about a 8/9 every match. He played 17 games for me and score 12 goals, wil about 14 assists aswell, crazy.

One thing i'm unsure on is training, none of my players stats have gone up or down for that fact. Can someone help me, I don't think i've assigned them to anything i've just left it as they are. Doing alright though  :D

41891[/snapback]

Jussi-Pekka Savolainen ?... He was awesome in CM03/04 :thumbup:

41932[/snapback]

That's the fella! Sign him, he is amazing.

41958[/snapback]

I'll check him out again then :)...

*tip* give him the nickname 'Savo' ;)

41963[/snapback]

Never trust another managers tip. That's what i say! Don't forget that your every game is it's own little world, 'Savo' will be good on some, shit on others.

Plus, you don't see Mourinho telling Wenger who to buy, do you? :rolleyes:

41981[/snapback]

Well I know Savo from the previous game, so at some point I was bound to have a look at him again ;)

How are you doing in your game, Craig?

Won the league in my first season, with six games remaining. I scored a whopping 110 goals aswell, I think my game has a bug as I won about 6 or 7 games by scoring 5 goals or more.

I also got to the FA Cup final against Man United but they beat me 3-2. Getting to the final bought me over a million quid though, which has helped me sign a few players for next season.

I have signed Gerard on a bosman from Barca, Amoruso from Malaga on a bosman, Zenden, Cedrik Van Der Gun, Colin Healy.

Forest got relegated and I have snapped up Michael Dawson for just over a million! I also signed James Harper from Reading just before transfer deadline for about £300,000 he's good.

But my best signing of last season was a finnish midfielder called Savviolan (spelling) he cost me £24,000 and was phenomenal, He's about 19 and is an AM/RLC. Play him on either wing and he gets about a 8/9 every match. He played 17 games for me and score 12 goals, wil about 14 assists aswell, crazy.

41891[/snapback]

Jussi-Pekka Savolainen ?... He was awesome in CM03/04 :thumbup:

41932[/snapback]

That's the fella! Sign him, he is amazing.

41958[/snapback]

I'll check him out again then :)...

*tip* give him the nickname 'Savo' ;)

41963[/snapback]

Never trust another managers tip. That's what i say! Don't forget that your every game is it's own little world, 'Savo' will be good on some, shit on others.

Plus, you don't see Mourinho telling Wenger who to buy, do you? :rolleyes:

41981[/snapback]

Well I know Savo from the previous game, so at some point I was bound to have a look at him again ;)

How are you doing in your game, Craig?

42055[/snapback]

Started a new one, cos we had a powercut the other day after id been on it for 4 hours (i switched autosave off), so it kinda ruined the game.

Playing good football at the moment, signed this red hot belgian winger, only 18! :D Gudjonssons my main man tho, simply class. 8th in november, just about to play forest away, only 6 points from 1st with a game in hand. Gunna win the league :w00t: ... Again ^_^

sounds good! What's this Belgian wingers name? I should at least have heard of him...

42213[/snapback]

Jordan Remacle, i'd never heard of him before i started looking through the national under 19 sides for some cheap players :)

Got promoted :D

Finished top by 2 points.

top 6 was:

1.Leicester

2.Wolves

-----------------

3.Leeds

4.Wigan

5.QPR

6.Burnley

Leeds went up after beating Wigan 2-1.

So all the relegated sides go straight back up!

Forest finished Mid Table.

So too did Derby

Coventry went down!With Micky Adams in charge lol

Ive signed Pablo Conuago on a free thats it so far.

1st Season - 1st in Championship

2nd Season - Premiership ( Relegated )

3rd Season - Championship ( Losers Play-Offs )

4th Season - Championship ( Winners of Play-Offs )

5th Season - Premiership - Avoided Relegation Finshed 17th

Hull City.

1st Season: Promoted From League 1 Finished 2nd.

2nd Season: Finished 14th In Championship

3rd Season: Promoted From Championship Through Playoffs Won 2-1 Leeds

4th Season: Finished 12th In Premiership

5th Season: Finished 8th. Qualified For Europe Through Winning Carling Cup 2-0 Birmingham.

Great stuff True_Blue - shame about the club though. Good to see you're making the most of your illness by living off FM2005! :P

42580[/snapback]

lol I only started that game on Monday as well. Already done 5 seasons. :rolleyes::P

Great stuff True_Blue - shame about the club though. Good to see you're making the most of your illness by living off FM2005! :P

42580[/snapback]

lol I only started that game on Monday as well. Already done 5 seasons. :rolleyes::P

42596[/snapback]

:D quite sad really :thumbup:

42580[/snapback]

42596[/snapback]

:D quite sad really :thumbup:

42603[/snapback]

What else is there to do when your ill? except sleep? :P

After a slow start to my 1st season in the Prem, I was thinking that Europe was a possibility. I started off with only 1 win in 6 and drawing 5 out of 9, but after changing formation I soon picked up with 5 wins in 6 and sitting pretty in the top half. But injuries would spoil it all and I lost a few 50-50 games and by now I was wondering when I would actually meet any of the big 4. Unfortunately for me, I've just played them all inside 10 days! Talk about a horrible run of games! I started with Chelski away, then Liverpool away, Man Utd away and finally Arsenal at home. Considering that my midfield duo, Gravesen (topscorer) and Williams, were both out those 2 weeks, it was a disaster waiting to happen. I started the run losing 2-0 to Chelsea, then 3-0 vs Liverpool (league leaders) and 1-0 to Man U... I did manage a 1-1 draw vs Arsenal, and I wouldve won had it not been for a Sol Campbell direct freekick! :blink:

So now team morale is totally down in the dumps, and i've been doing free-slide down the table :(...

I hope a few January signings will turn things back on track, but right now things aren't looking too good :(

I'm 22 games into my 2nd season in charge - it's my first season in the Premiership and things aren't exactly going to plan. I made far too many summer signings and most of them don't even make the bench - so they are unhappy and have requested to be put on the transfer list...which I agreed to.

I am currently 16th in the table, and won my last game against Bolton (away) 4-1 which was a vital victory considering that they are in the relegation zone. I can't see myself taking the club any higher than 16th this season and I am still on for a relegation battle for the remainder of the campaign. I should probably change tactics but that would be a bit risky cos it could backfire.

I'm 22 games into my 2nd season in charge - it's my first season in the Premiership and things aren't exactly going to plan. I made far too many summer signings and most of them don't even make the bench - so they are unhappy and have requested to be put on the transfer list...which I agreed to.

I am currently 16th in the table, and won my last game against Bolton (away) 4-1 which was a vital victory considering that they are in the relegation zone. I can't see myself taking the club any higher than 16th this season and I am still on for a relegation battle for the remainder of the campaign. I should probably change tactics but that would be a bit risky cos it could backfire.

43405[/snapback]

sounds familiar :rolleyes::P

Just finished my 6th season

1st Season - 1st in Championship

2nd Season - Premiership ( Relegated )

3rd Season - Championship ( Losers Play-Offs )

4th Season - Championship ( Winners of Play-Offs )

5th Season - Premiership - Avoided Relegation Finshed 17th

6th Season - Premiership - Finished 11th

Good stuff Ashov - have you still got any of the original Leicester players in your squad/team?

43539[/snapback]

Stewart,Scowcroft,Dawson and Canero

43578[/snapback]

No Williams? :o :o

I have Torres up front with Defoe now :D

Top of the league after 14 or so games, won all except one match which I drew :o Gonna win the league :D

Tis 2011 now I think.

Played my first as Leicester! Finished 8th even though i was top for two months had a lot of injures, will post more detils later!

Signed two players Mark currizo a Peruvian RCM/RCD and i 17 year old Jyun Jion Mosquerra a Columbian on a free transfer! had to reply for his visa but got i brought him on in the last ten mins i was losing to Ipswich and he scored to goals in ten minutes. :D

The next game as well i brought on Scowy for Connolly on the 60th as Dave had a slight knock and Scowy scored a hatrick.

Players have don really well.

GK. Walker fantastic and was Pressman Logan even played 1 or 2 and got 8s.

D: Dublin, Makin, Stewart Keown all consistant but Nikos was fantastic

M: Williams and Nailis was the heart with Wilcox and Keith

and Morris and Connolly up front.

Walker

Stewart

Dabizas

Keown or Heath

Makin

Wilcox or James Wesolowski (who scored on his debut as well great for 17)

Williams

Nalis (scored 10 goals all outside area)

Keith

Connolly

Morris

Dublin layed a big part as well

Canero was sold to plymouth for 500,000

Trev and Blake both went to Sheff Weds for a combined 340,000

Sold also Permain

Ive resigned as Leicester boss!

My 2nd season and the 1st in the Prem.

I played 5 prem games won 2 Lost 2 Drawn 1

Then i selt Jordan Stewart to Bolton for 1.8m and the board only gave me 100k to spend out of that miney.

The reason i sold him was because i had somebody else in mind to replace him with.

So i resigned and Now im Cardiff Manager yet to play my 1st game for thme yet.

Archived