Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

De Vries given number 9!

Hume has always worn 7 and Fryatt has always worn 12, IMO this probably means De Vries is seen as a thrid choice. I wont moan the lumbering tool can score goals, all in all I think he netted 13 or 14 times last season which isnt bad when you have spent half the season on the bench.

Hume has always worn 7 and Fryatt has always worn 12, IMO this probably means De Vries is seen as a thrid choice. I wont moan the lumbering tool can score goals, all in all I think he netted 13 or 14 times last season which isnt bad when you have spent half the season on the bench.

I'm not reading too much into the shirt numbers, if those such as MDV or Tiatto are starting, if they play shit, they will soon be on the bench. RK has more sense, Hume and Fryatt will be starting ahead of MDV, but I do see Tiatto starting.

sylla has dropped a few numbers to 22 that has to be a good sign

Yeah, I think Sylla dropping to No 22 (behind some of the 'kids') is a sign that he will be off soon. Same applies to Hamill & Gerrbrand - IF anybody comes in for them !?

de Vries can score goals in this league, only if he's given the right service and support. How many times did we just aimlessly hoof the ball up/over to him to run on to? I felt a bit sorry for him because the abuse and derision he received from the crowd was shameful at times. I'll admit that some of his performances were not too great under Levein, and he duly received criticism for it - however, not many other players were particularly good either.

I certainly don't feel he's starting material, but a useful back up player if we can't get him off the wage bill. We've seen in patches how much of a nuisance he can be to opposing defences with his ability to hold up play, bring others in to the game, and enact his useful turns to create space for himself.

I feel he should be given another chance if he's not moved on. Fryatt and Hume have shown they're the best partnership by far, but de Vries offers something different, which can change a game for us.

Yeah, I think Sylla dropping to No 22 (behind some of the 'kids') is a sign that he will be off soon. Same applies to Hamill & Gerrbrand - IF anybody comes in for them !?

Hamill and Gerrbrand were number 23 and 24 last season.

Ballack wears 13 for Germany and prob will at Chelsea but that doesn't mean he won't be first choice!

People are really reading to much into this!

That said I would have thought that Sylla would be at the top of the list to go with Maybury now "a right midfielder" and the signing of Low.

We now have

3 Keepers: Logan, Douglas, Henderson

2 RB : Stearman, Kenton

4 CH : McCarthy, McAuley, Gerrbrand, Kisnorbo

2 LB : Sheehan, Johansson

3 RM : Maybury, Low, Sylla

4 CM : Johnson, Wesolowski, Hughes, Williams

2 LM : Hammill, Tiatto

5 CF : De Vries, Hume, Fryatt, Hammond, O'Grady

4 Youth: Dodds, Porter, Lycett, Gradel

Before everyone pans me of classing NEJ as a left back etc, I am just speculating as to where Kelly will most likely use them this season!

Hume was No.8 last season but Jonson has taken that shirt.

Ash Chambers is youth aswell..

So Hume can have his number 7 shirt, that he wore at Tranmere, don't see what that has to with the price of Haddock any way.

Chambers is not on our squad list.

Squad Numbers mean Jack Bob except that certain players like to play with a certain number.

Agreed. Henry doesnt wear 9 he wears 14....

So numbers dont have to mean anything, just what people want to read into them

Agreed. Henry doesnt wear 9 he wears 14....

So numbers dont have to mean anything, just what people want to read into them

9 was taken when he joined arsenal and they sell that many shirts with his name and number they'd most likely be a massive backlash if they changed it, like what we did here under o'neill with elliott always 18, tc 27 and so on

9 was taken when he joined arsenal and they sell that many shirts with his name and number they'd most likely be a massive backlash if they changed it, like what we did here under o'neill with elliott always 18, tc 27 and so on

Yeah maybe so. But doesnt he wear a similar number for France? Like 12 or 14?

Archived