Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Championship clubs in order of size

We had an average of 29000 in our last promotion season, and 31000 the season after, at a time when the Asian element of the population was little different to now.

The level of our attendances next season will largely be influenced by our league position.

Trouble is take the Tigers out of Leicester and we've got nothing to offer sport wise other than Cricket.

Hockey

Basketball

and errrr Football

Leicester is split between the football and rugby club. Around 48% of people living in Leicester are asian i belive, and they make up something like 3% of our averge crowd. So City effectively lose half the population of the city as the football club does not to appeal to most asians for whatever reason. We are nowhere near the biggest club in this division. Wednesday had a miserable season, even more so then us, and have still had much bigger crowds then us.

It is a vary valid point. Until the Asian community become as bigger followers of football as the rest of England then Leicester will effectively lose 50% of its potential fanbase. It is up to the football club to make sure that the Asian community feels not only welcome but wanted both in the stadium and in local football leagues.

Just to set you straight we got the highest average gate last season by about 500, the FL amended it at the end of the season and Norwich were a bit p1ssed off :D

It's always hard to judge the size of a club. I suppose you just go on what you were brought up with. I'm 22, and the idea that clubs like Fulham, Wigan, Charlton, Bolton etc are bigger than SWFC is laughable. But youngsters growing up today will probably regard them as a bigger club than us if the trend continues in years to come.

We sold more season tickets in LEAGUE ONE than we did in the final season of the Premiership, yet when Leeds come down they lose 20,000 fans somewhere. Same will happen with Birmingham (not to the same extent) and WBA.

I've always though of Wednesday as a bigger club than Leeds in terms of support, although Leeds have had more of the limelight at the top (Revie, Wilkinson, O'Leary) over the past 30-odd years.

If memory serves me correctly, I paid £17 in the away end at Hillsborough last year. Leeds was about £25. That's probably why Leeds crowds vanished whereas Wednesday's have remained. I like Wednesday, although I don't really know why. Perhaps because I've never liked Leeds or the Blades? I hope the Owls go back up someday.

I always have good day out at Hillsborough - its probably the away ground I've seen City at the most times (although I missed the biggie in '97 v Middlesbrough). We made a lot of noise there last season until the team went home early and the boo-boys came out.

It is a vary valid point. Until the Asian community become as bigger followers of football as the rest of England then Leicester will effectively lose 50% of its potential fanbase. It is up to the football club to make sure that the Asian community feels not only welcome but wanted both in the stadium and in local football leagues.

You see clubs going on tour and signing players from continents just to increase the fanbase. It costs a bit and we really don't have the money but it would be nice to see us doing a tour of some asian countries soon.

If memory serves me correctly, I paid £17 in the away end at Hillsborough last year. Leeds was about £25. That's probably why Leeds crowds vanished whereas Wednesday's have remained. I like Wednesday, although I don't really know why. Perhaps because I've never liked Leeds or the Blades? I hope the Owls go back up someday.

Y'right, Brum will lose fans on the way down because of their pricing...but I can NEVER like Wednesday. Their accountant [as was] was the accountant where I worked many years ago and he was a right twta. Really proper narked me he did, and I have loved to see Wednesday lose ever since.

Thought I'd throw the opinion of Elliot Ward into this. Mind you, this is the guy who reckons West Ham are the biggest club in London. Link http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...1326963,00.html

Ward taunts Sky Blues' rivals

New million-pound man Elliot Ward has taunted Coventry's Championship rivals - by insisting he has joined "the biggest club in the Midlands.

The 21-year-old defender became the Sky Blues' first seven-figure signing since falling out of the top flight when he joined from West Ham this summer, and says he has seen enough at the Ricoh already to believe a Premiership return is imminent.

He told the club's official website: "I've left the biggest club in London to come to the biggest club in the Midlands.

"There is a three-year plan in place and that has impressed me so hopefully we can fast-track that and achieve what we want within that time. I think the players we have got means we should have a good chance of doing that."

Ward also praised how easy the club had made it for him and his fellow new signings to settle as they embarked on their pre-season tour of the United States.

He said: "I'm really happy already, there are a lot of us joining together and I think we have all gelled and the lads have made it easy for us. There will be a good atmosphere."

:smile::smile:lollollol :laugh: :laugh:

:doh:

I'd actually say more Londonders support West Ham than any other club with the possible exception of Spurs. Cetainly more than Arsenal or Chelski. Doesn't make them the biggest club in London though but I can see where he is coming from.

As for Coventry the biggest club in the midlands. :D.

Hockey

Basketball

and errrr Football

But apart from Basketball no one actually goes and actually watches the Ladies Hockey team. What i meant nothing sporting of any real note apart from Football, Rugby and Cricket in terms of paying attendances. Don't get me started on the other sporting teams in Leicester.

".....Around 48% of people living in Leicester are asian i belive, and they make up something like 3% of our averge crowd. So City effectively lose half the population of the city as the football club does not to appeal to most asians...."

A very smart statement Manwell Pablo!

If we want to improve as a business we must appeal to the population. This is the way forward for sure!

For sheer ignorance and crass stupidity this thread and its posters take the biscuit.

I refer you all to the Thracian's Doppelganger thread on this very forum. Read it, read it again and read it thrice.

When the mortal Thracian has sobered up and provided the link you can read the original research on the true big clubs (you won't like it -it's based on hard facts, not stupid fan opinions).

You can then write out the entire table with stats 500 times. When you've finished that you can all stick your heads down the loo (preferably just after your pet labrador's just number one and twoed in it) as punishemnt for posting such utter drivel.

And never, ever post again without stats to back up what you say.

I refer you all to the Thracian's Doppelganger thread on this very forum. Read it, read it again and read it thrice.

Are you not yet another Thracian doppelganger yourself? For who else would demand a re-reading of a Thracian post?

For sheer ignorance and crass stupidity this thread and its posters take the biscuit.

When the mortal Thracian has sobered up and provided the link you can read the original research on the true big clubs (you won't like it -it's based on hard facts, not stupid fan opinions).

You can then write out the entire table with stats 500 times. When you've finished that you can all stick your heads down the loo (preferably just after your pet labrador's just number one and twoed in it) as punishemnt for posting such utter drivel.

Oh joy, another fruit loop.

anyone who needs statistics to form an opinion is a dull oaf who can't think for themself <_<

we can use them as a viewing tool but they cannot show the whole picture

there are 3 kinds of lies;

there are lies, damn lies and statistics ( disreali)

Old Fossil is clearly Chandler, Disillusioned and any other character he's re-invented himself as on here.

Chandler would express himself more eloquently than that, and he's had the pleasure to read worse threads than this one, that's for sure! Maybe they're all related though, or maybe the world is just blessed with a 'Chandler' every now and then...

Well, if curiosity is the hallmark of intelligence...

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:oGHDVT...t=clnk&cd=1

This scientific research makes Tricky Trevs claims about West Ham look particularly absurd.

As for Macbeth...in my opinion we ran away with the Championship last season. The stats however, showed we got fewer points than Reading.

Are they lying (in your opinion)?

Well, if curiosity is the hallmark of intelligence...

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:oGHDVT...t=clnk&cd=1

This scientific research makes Tricky Trevs claims about West Ham look particularly absurd.

As for Macbeth...in my opinion we ran away with the Championship last season. The stats however, showed we got fewer points than Reading.

Are they lying (in your opinion)?

In Tricky Trev's defence.

It mentions nothing about where your from when talking about supporters. So as far as we're concerned Tricky Trev has not been proved wrong. And no one else has suggested anything else really.

Just because the other sides have more fans doesnt mean there from London. In fact i bet well over half of there fans havent been to a game in the last year and are not even from London.

So go ahead.

Prove me wrong.

Sheffield Wednesday

Leeds United

Sunderland

Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Bromwich Albion

Derby County

Southampton

Leicester City

Ipswich Town

Birmingham City