Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Elvis

He's about 26 and has about 4 goals in English football to his name. If he was a defender you could argue that it's not his job to score goals but as a striker that's a horror show.

He is explosive when chasing after the ball, but when he has the ball he had no idea of how to beat a man, no vision, no trickery, the explosive pace when chasing the ball goes when he gets it!.

Get rid.

He's about 26 and has about 4 goals in English football to his name. If he was a defender you could argue that it's not his job to score goals but as a striker that's a horror show.

He is explosive when chasing after the ball, but when he has the ball he had no idea of how to beat a man, no vision, no trickery, the explosive pace when chasing the ball goes when he gets it!.

Get rid.

Finall someone else realises it too. whenever i have a moan about Elvis i get my head bitten off, everyone says at least he is better than DeVries and has potential. Both of these comments are false, at least DeVries has scored goals throughout his career and Hammond has no potential! He is 26 for focksake - always been crap and always will be - just look at his record!

Hammond may be 26 but he's like an apprentice to me - he has still to learn how to be a craftsman at his job.

There are three things in particular. He needs to hold his forward runs another yard.

He needs to get his head up earlier and more often to see the bigger picture.

And he needs to be clinical rather than emotional about his finishing.

The first and last problems have to be corrected if he's to do any good as a striker.

Last season Hammond lost goals because his speed gave linesmen the impression he was offside.

He needs to allow for that.

And last season he insisted on trying to blast his shots into the net instead of making sure he hit the target.

If he's got the brains to learn he can do okay but if that's the case, I cannot see a place for MDV with O'Grady quite obviously intending to keep improving on last year.

Something I like about Hammond, apart from his speed is that, howver the dice fell last season, he gave 100% for first team and reserves and often got himself into potential goalscoring positions.

Hammond may be 26 but he's like an apprentice to me - he has still to learn how to be a craftsman at his job.

There are three things in particular. He needs to hold his forward runs another yard.

He needs to get his head up earlier and more often to see the bigger picture.

And he needs to be clinical rather than emotional about his finishing.

The first and last problems have to be corrected if he's to do any good as a striker.

Last season Hammond lost goals because his speed gave linesmen the impression he was offside.

He needs to allow for that.

And last season he insisted on trying to blast his shots into the net instead of making sure he hit the target.

If he's got the brains to learn he can do okay but if that's the case, I cannot see a place for MDV with O'Grady quite obviously intending to keep improving on last year.

Something I like about Hammond, apart from his speed is that, howver the dice fell last season, he gave 100% for first team and reserves and often got himself into potential goalscoring positions.

That's true, but at 26 there's no excuses for him. He'll struggle to improve massively, therefore get rid.

While I dont think he'll be top scorer, I think he'll be better than last year. And I wont start calling him crap until he starts playing crap regually this season, until then he gets my full support as do they all

I hope Elvis does well this year, but I doubt (hope) he won't get many chances. (Hope, because him getting chances means Fryatt/Hume will be out)

I think O'Grady could be really good for us this season though. I think he'll become a super-sub for us. He'll be an integral CO'G in the Leicester City engine this year ;)

It wouldn't surprise me to see O'Grady make himself virtually impossible to leave out of the side given half a chance.

He seems genuinely hungry for the job and prepared to do whatever it takes to overcome his limitations and become a genuinely rounded footballer. In all my years I have rarely seen anyone who looks fitter or stronger and, more important, he seems prepared to listen and do the job he's asked to do by the manager even though it may not always show the best of him.

Not only will he be an extremely valuable member of the squad but if his attitude rubs off on others that could be a bonus too. He really does offer an example to younger players on how to impress the manager.

Saw Hammond enough times for the first team and the reserves to know that he just isn't a natural finisher in front of goal. He's the kind of player who you can tell was a really good sprinter in his younger days and a football club (Fulham) have tried to turn him from an athlete into a footballer. Sometimes that works but not a lot of the time. I think Elvis is one of the players that just hasn't got enough natural talent to build upon. I hope he can but don't think he will.

I've had a lot of time for O'Grady for a few seasons now. He's not always been as strong as he is now but he's been a pain at reserve team level for about three seasons. Looked more threatening than Stefan Moore and Tommy Wright at the end of the 2004/05 season and was pleasing to see him make his second breakthrough last season. He's the biggest threat to Hume and Fryatt next season.

Saw Hammond enough times for the first team and the reserves to know that he just isn't a natural finisher in front of goal. He's the kind of player who you can tell was a really good sprinter in his younger days and a football club (Fulham) have tried to turn him from an athlete into a footballer. Sometimes that works but not a lot of the time. I think Elvis is one of the players that just hasn't got enough natural talent to build upon. I hope he can but don't think he will.

I've had a lot of time for O'Grady for a few seasons now. He's not always been as strong as he is now but he's been a pain at reserve team level for about three seasons. Looked more threatening than Stefan Moore and Tommy Wright at the end of the 2004/05 season and was pleasing to see him make his second breakthrough last season. He's the biggest threat to Hume and Fryatt next season.

I have to say I disagree. All that Elvis lacks is composure in front of goal. He has all the skills but he snatches at every chance rather than relax and score. :huh::unsure::whistle::( <_<

unless of sales or injury i can see hume , fryatt and o'grady battling for the two front spaces this season.

de'vries and hammond will be more akin to squad players and dodds i havent seen yet but probably more of a reserves striker this season.

I have to say I disagree. All that Elvis lacks is composure in front of goal. He has all the skills but he snatches at every chance rather than relax and score. :huh::unsure::whistle::( <_<

Which suggests that he's not a natural finisher. If he hasn't been able to master the art of keeping cool in front of goal by now then I don't see why it will just come over night. If he doesn't score from his first few opportunities, which he usually doesn't, his head drops. Richard Stearman is more composed in front of goal and he sees himself as a centre back!

hah leave elvis alone lol!! if there is someone we should dis its MDV!! he cant finish!! he cant header!! he cant run!! and the only goal worth remembering was the one at spurs!! he played more games then any other striking while micky was here and scored the least!!!

Archived