Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterboi

Possible signing?

First of all i have not posted for a while as i have had a brief stay in Australia with the missus! ;)

We bumped into a man who bragged the fatherhood of a son on chelseas books. He is called Darren Grant and his son is called Anthony. He seemed to be pretty certain that Leicester were amongst several championship clubs chasing his son's services on loan for next season.

I have never heard of him before he is meant to be a midfielder or defender. If he's on Chelseas books then surely he will be good enough for us!?!

I am told that Anthony is deciding his future over the weekend and if all goes well we could have it wrapped up early next week. Darren seemed pretty genuine so fingers crossed hey ;)

Back to the point boys. what do you make of this potential signing?

Anthony_Grant.jpg

Anthony Grant

Born 4/6/87 in Lambeth, London.

With Chelsea since the age of nine, Anthony progressed through the age groups, earning the nickname ‘Judge’ along the way. He played many positions in the youth team before settling down at right-back but established himself in the reserve team as a holding midfielder.

Such was his progress last season that he was awarded a professional contract in March 2005 and made his first team debut at Old Trafford as a sub two months later. This season saw Anthony become an England U19 international.

Anthony_Grant.jpg

Anthony Grant

Born 4/6/87 in Lambeth, London.

With Chelsea since the age of nine, Anthony progressed through the age groups, earning the nickname ‘Judge’ along the way. He played many positions in the youth team before settling down at right-back but established himself in the reserve team as a holding midfielder.

Such was his progress last season that he was awarded a professional contract in March 2005 and made his first team debut at Old Trafford as a sub two months later. This season saw Anthony become an England U19 international.

Judge?

I don't like him.

First of all i have not posted for a while as i have had a brief stay in Australia with the missus! ;)

We bumped into a man who bragged the fatherhood of a son on chelseas books. He is called Darren Grant and his son is called Anthony. He seemed to be pretty certain that Leicester were amongst several championship clubs chasing his son's services on loan for next season.

I have never heard of him before he is meant to be a midfielder or defender. If he's on Chelseas books then surely he will be good enough for us!?!

I am told that Anthony is deciding his future over the weekend and if all goes well we could have it wrapped up early next week. Darren seemed pretty genuine so fingers crossed hey ;)

Squad number 42 at Chelsea so doesn't look like he'll get many 1st team chance's.

He was on loan at Oldham last year so who know!

It's alright saying we hope he signs but two questions remain before I get any enthusiasm...

a) Is he any good?

b) Does he improve any of our weak positions?

Otherwise what is the point in adding another pointless number to our squad list?

We'll soon have so many holding midfield players we won't be able to let go.

What I'd like (and I've not heard of Porter doing much wrong so far) is scoring/creative midfield players and another scoring/creative winger.

Not nearly so easy. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

It's alright saying we hope he signs but two questions remain before I get any enthusiasm...

a) Is he any good?

b) Does he improve any of our weak positions?

Otherwise what is the point in adding another pointless number to our squad list?

We'll soon have so many holding midfield players we won't be able to let go.

What I'd like (and I've not heard of POorter doing much wrong so far) is scoring/creative midfield players and another scoring/creative winger.

Not nearly so easy. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Answers to your questions

a) So So

b) No

:thumbup:

Well at least they've learnt early on to steer clear of YOU. :thumbup:

yeah... R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!

wash it down with TCP.... never did understand those lyrics...

Im a nice guy!

Im a goodfella. :ph34r:

Archived