Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unit

Dunfermline have targeted Leicester's Mark De Vries

According to the BBC's football rumours page (which is a LOT more reliable than footy-rumours.co.uk).

Dunfermline have targeted Leicester's Mark De Vries, Stoke's Kevin Harper and Hearts' Calum Elliot as possible loan signings as they search for a striker. (Daily Express)

So hopefully... he's goinggg!

According to the BBC's football rumours page (which is a LOT more reliable than footy-rumours.co.uk).

Dunfermline have targeted Leicester's Mark De Vries, Stoke's Kevin Harper and Hearts' Calum Elliot as possible loan signings as they search for a striker. (Daily Express)

Is that the guy we had on loan on the right wing? Anyone else think he was OK, but didnt he get injured and miss a lot of his games with us.... I know we cant afford him, just wondered if anyone else thought him decent?

But the beeb have lifted the story from the Daily Express! :o

So there's probably no truth at all in it..

Dunfermline have targeted Leicester's Mark De Vries, Stoke's Kevin Harper and Hearts' Calum Elliot as possible loan signings as they search for a striker.

BBC Sport | Gossip Column (Wed)

Only on loan by the looks of it, but if MDV was to head up north again, and he starts scoring properly, they might want to make it permanent with some luck.

Discuss.

BBC Sport | Gossip Column (Wed)

Only on loan by the looks of it, but if MDV was to head up north again, and he starts scoring properly, they might want to make it permanent with some luck.

Discuss.

I'm a bit concerned that he failed a medical (apparently) at Plimufff (or something) a while ago (or sometime).

Also, are Dunfermline really that bad?

Exactly! who will we blame for not getting promoted now hammill and maybe de vries is off?

Any of the ex-Academy lads should they ever get a glimpse of a game which I doubt (if the fans have their way) now pre-season is over. I reckon this club's fans are just about the least encouraging to its youngsters of any I can imagine. Everything they ever do is belittled and dismissed until, by some miracle, they actually become established in the team.

Even O'Grady - far and away our best forward in pre-season, has hardly been named in anyone's starting line-up. It's like there's a built in reluctance to change which would be understandable if we were doing any good - but we're not really.

We recovered from a potential disaster last year, that's all, but the team is still over balanced defensively and hasn't got a appeth of sparkle.

We even have the players to put it right but we won't. We'll do what we usually do and start with some of our best on the bench. And if it's a draw or we're losing as time goes on we'll try to score and then sit on that. A one goal lead is the sum total of our ambition and determination to be special.

Pathetic really, symptomatic of why we're in such desperate straights, and one reason why our gates are so far short of capacity and Kelly hasn't got a bean to spend.

Any of the ex-Academy lads should they ever get a glimpse of a game which I doubt (if the fans have their way) now pre-season is over. I reckon this club's fans are just about the least encouraging to its youngsters of any I can imagine. Everything they ever do is belittled and dismissed until, by some miracle, they actually become established in the team.

Even O'Grady - far and away our best forward in pre-season, has hardly been named in anyone's starting line-up. It's like there's a built in reluctance to change which would be understandable if we were doing any good - but we're not really.

We recovered from a potential disaster last year, that's all, but the team is still over balanced defensively and hasn't got a appeth of sparkle.

We even have the players to put it right but we won't. We'll do what we usually do and start with some of our best on the bench. And if it's a draw or we're losing as time goes on we'll try to score and then sit on that. A one goal lead is the sum total of our ambition and determination to be special.

Pathetic really, symptomatic of why we're in such desperate straights, and one reason why our gates are so far short of capacity and Kelly hasn't got a bean to spend.

we do not have a built in reluctance we are just realists that feel we would be relegated with too many inexperienced acadamy players in the side. O'Grady has done well pre-season but the reason most people have left him out is simply the form and understanding that Hume and Fryatt showed at the end of last season. Atleast for the first game it would be unwise to tinker with that.

we do not have a built in reluctance we are just realists that feel we would be relegated with too many inexperienced acadamy players in the side. O'Grady has done well pre-season but the reason most people have left him out is simply the form and understanding that Hume and Fryatt showed at the end of last season. Atleast for the first game it would be unwise to tinker with that.

I heard all that about not changing the team at the end of last season so we never took the opportunity to make any progress as a team whatsoever.

Now it'll be take another six weeks minimum to confirm the limitations of the present players which are already obvious.

Who said leave Fryatt and Hume out? I've already mentioned how daft we are leaving some of our best players on the bench. Why would I want to put two more there?

What I'm saying is we're playing a system that doesn't best utilise the players we've got.

I like 4-4-2 but a 4-4-2 system system ideally accommodates two natural wide players. We don't have such people. The ones we have are largely ineffective.

What we do have is O'Grady, a ball holder cum striker and a very energetic/durable footballer.

We also lack speed, but have Hammond (presumably) on the bench.

We lack any sort of left-wing penetration but choose to leave attacking full-back Sheehan out, a worthwhile antidote if you have no wingers.

And we have no naturally consistent midfield creator but choose not even to put Porter on the bench preferring, instead, people who rarely create anything. Who therefore will feed two strikers, let alone three?

It simply baffles me because it has no logic that I can see except as a safety-first approach and it is that approach which has proved so ineffectual these last years.

Our team screams out for 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 because, as I keep saying, we need a better balance between attackers/defenders to have any chance of getting the goals we'll need.

absolute nonsense because everyone is excited about the likes of stearman and wesolowski being in the team, however some of our prospects are not quite ready yet, therefore they wont be played eg dodds, sheehan. yes chris O'Grady has had a good pre-season, but Fryatt and Hume proved themselves in the second part of last season, so why change it? however if after the first 6 games one fot hem has been terrible, O'Grady may be asked to take their place, but IMO they will both be worthy of their places.

All well and good performing in pre-season but O'Grady should not be elevated in front of Hume and Fryatt who have performed in the league to good effect. Plus there is a reluctance to change because the most of the players in the side people are naming saved us from relegation.

I heard all that about not changing the team at the end of last season so we never took the opportunity to make any progress as a team whatsoever.

Now it'll be take another six weeks minimum to confirm the limitations of the present players which are already obvious.

Who said leave Fryatt and Hume out? I've already mentioned how daft we are leaving some of our best players on the bench. Why would I want to put two more there?

What I'm saying is we're playing a system that doesn't best utilise the players we've got.

I like 4-4-2 but a 4-4-2 system system ideally accommodates two natural wide players. We don't have such people. The ones we have are largely ineffective.

What we do have is O'Grady, a ball holder cum striker and a very energetic/durable footballer.

We also lack speed, but have Hammond (presumably) on the bench.

We lack any sort of left-wing penetration but choose to leave attacking full-back Sheehan out, a worthwhile antidote if you have no wingers.

And we have no naturally consistent midfield creator but choose not even to put Porter on the bench preferring, instead, people who rarely create anything. Who therefore will feed two strikers, let alone three?

It simply baffles me because it has no logic that I can see except as a safety-first approach and it is that approach which has proved so ineffectual these last years.

Our team screams out for 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 because, as I keep saying, we need a better balance between attackers/defenders to have any chance of getting the goals we'll need.

Horribly narrow and leaves us open, however the 4-4-2 option hardly gives you great attacking outlets on the flanks either...... bit stuffed really aren't we?

It can cry out for it all it wants, he's going to play 4-4-2. There are two things we know about Rob Kelly for sure, 1) we wants Tiatto to play 30+ games 2) He is love with 4-4-2.

If as I think Maybury and Tiatto dont work I hope RK has the insight to change it sooner rather then later. Which really is the best you can hope for as well im afraid.

Archived